• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I'd like to be able to use Visualforce to create custom related lists on standard objects (particular Account/Contact/Lead).  The use case here is to have related-list-like functionality when no direct relationship exists in the data model - for example, let's say I've got a { Contact : Object } relationship, and I want to aggregate this up into the Account View.  Some sort of materialized view functionality would also satisfy my needs, but no such functionality exists and Apex Triggers cannot be used to maintain materialized views due to trigger execution limits.

Back to my question about using Visualforce - Having read the Visualforce Developer's Guide & the Force.com cookbook, I get the sense this is not in fact possible.  I could use an s-control snippet to get to roughly the same place (create an iframe whose content is sourced from a Visualforce page) but it would be preferable to embed the code within the standard page, rather than using s-controls.

At an even more general level, it appears that Visualforce can't be used to customize standard pages at all. Is that also correct?

Just making sure I'm not missing anything.

thanks,
john

• September 20, 2007