• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there any Read only property for an input text box in VF page.

I want to make the Text Box value readonly.

Ex:

<apex:inputtext style="border:0px;background-color:#F3F3EC;" size="30" disabled="false" value="{!inputText}"/> 

can we make a textbox readonly in apex...if possible please help me..  

Thanks

I want to bind the field names of a contact in a drop down list. 

How can we get all the field names for a contact in Apex. is there any soql query to do so...

Hi,

I have a VF page in which i have Apex input text controls and a command Button control.

I am able to fill the Text boxes using the properties created in the controller.

My requirement here is when clicked on the command button in the Vf page i want to dynamically add a input text to the VF page.

Can we do it using Apex code??.

I have been looking around for adding controls in VF page using Apex code. I went through the developers guide and cook book for reference even then i failed to get the result.

Do any one have an idea about adding apex controls dynamically??

Please help me out...This might be a very silly question to ask but i am not able to resolve this problem from days.

Thanks in Advance,

pspl 

Is there any Read only property for an input text box in VF page.

I want to make the Text Box value readonly.

Ex:

<apex:inputtext style="border:0px;background-color:#F3F3EC;" size="30" disabled="false" value="{!inputText}"/> 

can we make a textbox readonly in apex...if possible please help me..  

Thanks

I want to bind the field names of a contact in a drop down list. 

How can we get all the field names for a contact in Apex. is there any soql query to do so...

Hi,

I have a VF page in which i have Apex input text controls and a command Button control.

I am able to fill the Text boxes using the properties created in the controller.

My requirement here is when clicked on the command button in the Vf page i want to dynamically add a input text to the VF page.

Can we do it using Apex code??.

I have been looking around for adding controls in VF page using Apex code. I went through the developers guide and cook book for reference even then i failed to get the result.

Do any one have an idea about adding apex controls dynamically??

Please help me out...This might be a very silly question to ask but i am not able to resolve this problem from days.

Thanks in Advance,

pspl 

Hi,

I'm using the describeSObject call to retrieve the field names of an object (contact in this case). Once I get the field names, is there a way to dynamically retrieve their values from merge fields? I'm trying to avoid hardcoding the merge fields essentially. Here's what I do:

- Make describeSObject call to retrieve all field values that I'm looking for and store them in a data structure. Let's say I store the field names in an array called fieldNames.

- Merge fields are retrieved by using this syntax: "{!Contact.Phone}". Instead of hardcoding the field name, is there a way to retrieve the value by passing the field name stored in fieldNames?

Or if there is another way to achieve what I'm after, I'd like to hear suggestions.

Thanks in advance.