• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I understand that if I have a custom field that is a multi-select pick list, the value I will get in my Apex code when I call

myObject.get('mypicklist__c')

will be a string with selections separated by semicolons. 

So what happens if the selections' text in my pick list contain semicolons?  The UI allows the selections to contain semicolons but when I query the field, I see no difference between the semicolons that separate the selections and the semicolons that are contained in the selection text.

Is there a way that my Apex code can get the individual selections without the use of the semicolon separators?

I am using an .NET webform to create a lead, but having problems with multiselect fields. I have a multiselect checkbox control in my webform where I allow a user to select various items. I then try to take the values and insert them into the salesforce multiselect field. My problem is that I only get one value into salesforce and not the entire list.

I tried various ways of looping through the values and concatenating them together, but it still only results in one value.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!