• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am in the middle of debugging an Apex/Visualforce application, and the maintenance that just occurred this evening (1/22/10) just completely changed the behavior of the debug logs.  Two problems with this new behavior:

- My filter settings don't seem to be saving.  For instance, when I change my filter settings to "FINEST" in Apex Code and Save, those changes do not show up when I go to filter settings again.

-MOST IMPORTANT: the log line does not show the method name. Here is an example of the new format:

23:35:20.832|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED
23:35:20.833|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]VForcePage
23:35:20.840|USER_DEBUG|[157,4]|DEBUG|***s.Id b4: a4yQ000000000DAIAY
23:35:20.840|DML_BEGIN|[159,3]|Op:Upsert|Type:BP_Stage_Rule__c|Rows:1

Notice - no method name in any of the debug lines.

I went to the Help and Training to find out if I am doing something wrong. It says the event identifier will log "any additional information logged with that event, such as the method name or the line and character number where the code was executed."  But they give an example pretty much like the one I copied and pasted in here -- no method name.

If anyone has any insight on how to get the method name to show or how to get the old debug log format to show, please be so kind as to respond.  If this is not possible, then salesforce just got 10 times harder to debug in my book.

Thanks for any help!

Message Edited by BodhiDharma on 01-23-2010 12:04 AM

I am in the middle of debugging an Apex/Visualforce application, and the maintenance that just occurred this evening (1/22/10) just completely changed the behavior of the debug logs.  Two problems with this new behavior:

- My filter settings don't seem to be saving.  For instance, when I change my filter settings to "FINEST" in Apex Code and Save, those changes do not show up when I go to filter settings again.

-MOST IMPORTANT: the log line does not show the method name. Here is an example of the new format:

23:35:20.832|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED
23:35:20.833|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]VForcePage
23:35:20.840|USER_DEBUG|[157,4]|DEBUG|***s.Id b4: a4yQ000000000DAIAY
23:35:20.840|DML_BEGIN|[159,3]|Op:Upsert|Type:BP_Stage_Rule__c|Rows:1

Notice - no method name in any of the debug lines.

I went to the Help and Training to find out if I am doing something wrong. It says the event identifier will log "any additional information logged with that event, such as the method name or the line and character number where the code was executed."  But they give an example pretty much like the one I copied and pasted in here -- no method name.

If anyone has any insight on how to get the method name to show or how to get the old debug log format to show, please be so kind as to respond.  If this is not possible, then salesforce just got 10 times harder to debug in my book.

Thanks for any help!

Message Edited by BodhiDharma on 01-23-2010 12:04 AM

I have this error with an after update trigger in salesforce. The trigger definately does not do more than 8 SOQL queries at once and that is the most it can ever do. I am inserting objects via the API and I am doing them in batches. Does a batch of licences count towards this ie  4 queries + 4 queries + 4 queries + 4 queries + 4 queries = 22 queries = error? If so this is a pretty ridiculous limitation.

There are no loops or anything in the trigger.

Message Edited by Praetorian65 on 08-10-2009 09:32 AM

Hi All,

I'm developing code to send messages to all contacts in, this is currently around 800 Contacts. after sending the message,  I would like to create a Completed Task which denotes the transaction.

My problem is that Salesforce limits to 200 Inserts per call (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Could someone please refer me to hints on how I would develop this kind of code?

Thanks so much.

• August 09, 2009

Hi 

i wonder if its possible to access any control in my visual force page to see the data in it , or change any attribute from the apex controller class?

e.g. something like get element by id from the APEX class?

thanks

Yaniv

• August 09, 2009

Hi there.

I have a situation where I want to behave differently in Prod to the Sandbox. Is there anyway to tell programmatically which environment I'm executing in?

Thanks,

Eliot Stock.

I have a trigger calling an @future method that insert records to the OpportunityShare object and occasionally I will recieve this error:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on
row 0; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, duplicate value found: <unknown>
duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>

I am having a very difficult time isolating this issue and was curious if anyone has seen anything like this before? I have tried to replicate this error with the code below but it works everytime.

Opportunity opp = [select Id, Name from Opportunity limit 1];
User u = [select Id from User limit 1];

List<OpportunityShare> sharesToInsert = new List<OpportunityShare>();
sharesToInsert.add(new OpportunityShare(OpportunityId = opp.Id,OpportunityAccessLevel = 'Read',UserOrGroupId = u.Id));
insert sharesToInsert;

List<OpportunityShare> sharesToInsert1 = new List<OpportunityShare>();
sharesToInsert1.add(new OpportunityShare(OpportunityId = opp.Id,OpportunityAccessLevel = 'Read',UserOrGroupId = u.Id));
sharesToInsert1.add(new OpportunityShare(OpportunityId = opp.Id,OpportunityAccessLevel = 'Read',UserOrGroupId = u.Id));
insert sharesToInsert1;

I'm stumped.

Thanks,

Jason

• August 04, 2009
Can anyone provide an example public webservice WSDL that the WSDL2Apex functionality actually does support?