• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I simply want to update a date field in a CustomObj__c from Standard Contract Obj upon Save of the Standard Contract Obj

Example:

When the "PTO Date" is updated & Saved on the Contract obj - that updated Date should auto-fill into the Service_Start_Date field on the

Service Contract custom_Obj__c

This should be a simple trigger however, I'm a bit snagged on it - Help Please :) -  Thx in Advance !!

(Help Me John Henning!!)

I'm trying to get a field in a custom object to update with Product line items from a Std Oppty object.

I'm getting snagged (declaratively) on the Field Update function ootb. Formula doesn't want to provide direct mapping (updating) from Opportunity Products [line items] to a custom object as string or even a list.

Is there a Trigger that will pull from Product2 and update separate line items into a text area or field of the custom object?

And/Or a Formula that will update from Product2 to a custom object?

Better yet, when creating the custom field that I'm wanting updated inthe custom obj - what type of relationship should I create the field under "Master Detail"?  or "Lookup"?

Oy Ve!  Thx in Advance!

Michael

I'm trying to use a Master Detail Relationship to Update an Oppty picklist with the value from the Acct picklist when an Oppty is created under an Acct record. If the "Industry" (standard Acct field) has value "x" - I want the Oppty "Industry__c" to gain that value when an Oppty record is created - for ease to the user (1 more click is drama!)

I don't want to establish a related list inthe Oppty records but simply want the "Industry__c" picklist to end up with the same value as the Acct "Industry" picklist upon Save.

should be a simple formula ? a tad stumped on this one...

I feel that I am overthinking the whole 'HelloWorld' trigger example -

I'm recently new to Dev in SFDC - but have coded javascript and html for years ---

Can someone be kind enough to direct me to code examples and/or walk me through the simple (initiation) of getting 'Hello World' to auto-populate in a custom field by saving an Account record and or filling in a related field, thusly populating (a separate) field?   Thanks So Much!

again, I think I'm basically over-conceptualizing the process

I simply want to update a date field in a CustomObj__c from Standard Contract Obj upon Save of the Standard Contract Obj

Example:

When the "PTO Date" is updated & Saved on the Contract obj - that updated Date should auto-fill into the Service_Start_Date field on the

Service Contract custom_Obj__c

This should be a simple trigger however, I'm a bit snagged on it - Help Please :) -  Thx in Advance !!

Contact the resource you looking for?

How does 5+years SalesForce experienced resource at $20/h.

NO RISK, Pay after 2 weeks after engagements.

For more details contact us hans@techno-soft.com

Outstanding opportunity for highly experienced sfdc registered consultants and developers with 5+ years experience. Opportunity to earn $100K plus working part time.  Remote work is OK but must be US based. Excellent communication and analytic skills required. Verifiable and impeccable references an absolute must. No companies or recruiters. Send your resume to hr<at>customerforlife.com Thank you.

(Help Me John Henning!!)

I'm trying to get a field in a custom object to update with Product line items from a Std Oppty object.

I'm getting snagged (declaratively) on the Field Update function ootb. Formula doesn't want to provide direct mapping (updating) from Opportunity Products [line items] to a custom object as string or even a list.

Is there a Trigger that will pull from Product2 and update separate line items into a text area or field of the custom object?

And/Or a Formula that will update from Product2 to a custom object?

Better yet, when creating the custom field that I'm wanting updated inthe custom obj - what type of relationship should I create the field under "Master Detail"?  or "Lookup"?

Oy Ve!  Thx in Advance!

Michael

I feel that I am overthinking the whole 'HelloWorld' trigger example -

I'm recently new to Dev in SFDC - but have coded javascript and html for years ---

Can someone be kind enough to direct me to code examples and/or walk me through the simple (initiation) of getting 'Hello World' to auto-populate in a custom field by saving an Account record and or filling in a related field, thusly populating (a separate) field?   Thanks So Much!

again, I think I'm basically over-conceptualizing the process

Hello All:

I'm trying to create an Opportunity detail page in which users may edit related data without going to a separate page. In this instance, I want them to be able to edit Contact Roles. I have written a VF page that looks like this:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" tabStyle="Opportunity"> <apex:detail /> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Change Roles" mode="detail"> <apex:pageMessages /> <apex:pageBlockButtons location="top"> <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/> <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Opportunity.OpportunityContactRoles}" var="OC"> <apex:column > <apex:inputfield value="{!OC.Contact.Firstname}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:inputfield value="{!OC.Contact.Lastname}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:inputfield value="{!OC.IsPrimary}"/> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:inputfield value="{!OC.Role}"/> </apex:column> </apex:pageBlockTable> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

However, when I click "Save," none of the information seems to take. What am I missing?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh

• May 27, 2009