• Member since 2009
  • Project Manager, Sales Systems

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I apologize now if this is the wrong place for this post. I want to take a class on creating triggers in SalesForce.com.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what class to take? Does any of the SalesForce.com classes cover basic trigger creation or should I take a class elsewhere? Thank you

Can I expose the top 3 modules of a dashboard to a site without forcing the user/viewer to authenticate to the site? Has anyone tried this or have any info/ideas?

I need to write a trigger I am guessing to auto create a case when a user changes an account picklist value from one value to another.

My question: would this trigger be "on Account" or "on Case"? My guess is "on Case(after Insert, after Update) but I am not sure if this is correct.

Along with the autocreation of a case a few fields need to be populated based on an account field as well.

Here is the scenario:

A user edits an account and they change the custom picklist field "Operational Status" from "ITGO" to "Operational" and clicks save.

Then a case needs to be created pulling in the related accout as a lookup, the owner of the case needs to be set based on the custom account picklist field "Customer Service Rep" and the Type field will be set to "Health Check".

Does anyone have any suggestions for this trigger?

Thanks in advance.

• November 16, 2009