Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a custom object that contains these 2 fields:

1. Check box field Is Child?

2. Text Box Childs Name

If the Is Child? is checked I need to require the field Childs Name is filled in.  How can I do this?

Thanks

Want to create a "New Contact" button that is located directly on the Contact record. Can someone supply me with the code to create a new contact; so I can create the custom button.

thanks,

p

• November 16, 2009

Can we edit the access rights for the standard owner field on an object. For example, for a particular profile, we have given edit access to the Account Object. Is it possible to revoke the edit permission for the Owner field alone for this profile on the Account Object. I have tried in Set/View Field  Level Accessibility. It does not work. Please share your views.

We have a requirement where we have lots of data coming into a database, which I have to load into Salesforce overnight. Till now we have been using SOAP API for this, in batches of 200, but it takes a lot of time, as the number of records is sometimes very huge.

We thought of implementing this using bulk API, however we could NOT find Jar files (wsc-xx.jar,partner-library.jar) which was compatible with Java 1.4 present in our database. Only jar files for 1.5 and higher were available.

Does anyone know if the bulk API can be implemented for Java 1.4? If so where can i get the related jar files for this?

Thanks

Aslam

hi,

We have a requirement, where we need to change the owner of all the related objects, when the owner of that account is changed.

We developed a trigger to do this, however it so happenes that sometimes several hundreds (or thousands) of accounts needs to updated at once. When this happens, it throws a "Too many SOQL" exception.

We thus thought of using future classes for achieveing the same. Could anyone tell how reliable it is and how it would perform when a bulk of thousand records come for updation?

Thanks in advance..

Hi..

I like to know how to enable the Partner Portal User profile. Is it true that the user of this profile will not require a license?

Thanks

Can we edit the access rights for the standard owner field on an object. For example, for a particular profile, we have given edit access to the Account Object. Is it possible to revoke the edit permission for the Owner field alone for this profile on the Account Object. I have tried in Set/View Field  Level Accessibility. It does not work. Please share your views.

Hi,

We're trying to bring the functionality of one of our s-controls into Apex. However this particular s-control uses the JavaScript eval() method to run some JS code that is passed to it. The JS code is retrieved from a custom object. The question is, how can we still execute these JS scripts if we switch to Apex?

Thanks!

• November 18, 2009

I have a custom object that contains these 2 fields:

1. Check box field Is Child?

2. Text Box Childs Name

If the Is Child? is checked I need to require the field Childs Name is filled in.  How can I do this?

Thanks

Want to create a "New Contact" button that is located directly on the Contact record. Can someone supply me with the code to create a new contact; so I can create the custom button.

thanks,

p

• November 16, 2009