• 50 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Does anyone happen to know if it is possible to prevent users from saving reports in the Unfiled Public Reports folder?

We still want them to be able to create and run reports, just not save them in that specific folder as it fills up very quickly.

I am attempting to create a validation rule on Opportunities that will prevent certain types of users from changing the record type. I know how to limit by profile, no worries there, but I cannot seem to find a way to tell if the record type value has changed from one type to another.

ISCHANGED does not work when I attempt to access one of the record type fields, and the field RecordType does not exist according to the syntax editor.

Any ideas out there?

I have an interesting ask from the business, where they want to know all the accounts of a specific type that do not have any children.

Based on that, I thought a left anti join would work:

SELECT Name,Id FROM Account

WHERE   Id NOT IN
        (SELECT ParentId FROM Account)

But I get an error message:

MALFORMED_QUERY:
                              ^
ERROR at Row:3:Column:31
The inner and outer selects should not be on the same object type

Is there a way to run this is a soql query?

I am trying to write a simple query to acces the Live Chat Transcript table.

I know the api name is LiveChatTranscript, but when I execute the following simple query:

SELECT * FROM LiveChatTranscript LIMIT 100

I get the following error:

'INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'LiveChatTranscript' is not supported.

Is there something I have to do to make it queryable?  I have also noticed I cannot access it in the Apex Data Loader, which seems odd as well.

I have a before update trigger on leads that creates a parent account and automatically assigns it to the converted account. This works fine.

We are adding code that will set the owner of the parent account to the user listed on the lead convert window.

The problem I am seeing is that where all the other records that are created during lead convert (opportunity, contact, account, task) are getting the new record owner  as set in the lead convert window, the parent account is getting set to current user.

What would be causing this? Is it a timing issue?

This one really frustrates me as I have done this before successfully, and I was able to pass the standard object reference using the lkid trick just fine.

/a11/e?00NT0000001SJvh={!Case.Call_Type__c}&00NT0000001SK11={!Case.Call_Sub_Type__c}&{!LEFT($Setup.CM__c.Case_Id__c,17)}={!Case.CaseNumber}&{!LEFT($Setup.CM__c.Case_Lookup_Id__c,22)}={!Case.Id}

This is coming from a case going to a custom object.

The problem I am having is populating the contents of picklist with data from an identical picklist from case.

The call_type__c and call_sub_type__c are the picklists that refuse to populate. The field ids are correct.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

I have numerous examples of using a Custom Button containing a Link URL to open a new Case and pass info to the new case. We have even implemented this for cases. However, what I would like to do is to open a new custom object record and pass data to that. Is that possible? When I try, using the very basic link: /500/e?retURL=%2F500%2Fo&RecordType=01280000000LpIW I receive the following error message: Insufficient Privileges You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. Which seems impossible given that I am running it as a Sys Admin. Does the link have to be structured differently for a custom object? Any help is appreciated.

I have a custom button on the Event Page Layout designed to summarize the account/contact/event information from an event.

However, we require that an account be associated to the event in order to use the button.

The What field can be a number of different object types.

How can I programmatically ensure that the what is in fact an account and not something else?

Using javascript, I attempted to use the accountid:

var eventAccount = '{!Event.accountId }';

but there is no actual accountid field on Events.

"Field Event.accountId does not exist. Check spelling."

Is there a way to access accountid via javascript?

Thanks for the help!

We have a situation where we are requiring to call a function from custom button OnClick Javascript.  The function is located in utility class we created.

Whenever the button is pressed, we get a message stating that 'SysUtil is not defined'. SysUtil is the class we created.

I am assuming either I am just not using the proper sytax (very likely as I am very new to this langauge, and to Java as well) or its just not possible.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/14.0/connection.js")}

var recordsId = {!GETRECORDIDS( $ObjectType.Address__c )};
var GetUserInfoResult=sforce.connection.getUserInfo();

if(recordsId[0] == null)
{
    if (GetUserInfoResult.userLanguage == 'fr') {
        alert('SVP faites une sélection');
    }
    else
    {
        alert("Please select at least one address record to create a new pickup request.")
    }
}

else if(recordsId.length > 1){
    if (GetUserInfoResult.userLanguage == 'fr')
    {
        alert('Pour cloner une adresse, SVP faites seulement une sélection.');
    }
    else
    {
        alert("Please select only one address record to create a new pickup request.")
    }
}

else if(SysUtil.isAddressScheduledForDeletion(recordsId[0]))
{
alert('This address cannot be used to create a pickup request as it is marked for deletion. Please choose another.');
}

else
{
parent.window.location.href = '/apex/vf_pickupRequest?addressid='+recordsId;
}

We have created a VF that contains a phone field. When an english user (user whose language has been set in Salesforce as English) types in the phone #, it formats properly, (999) 999-9999.

When a French user (user whose language has been set in Salesforce as French) types in a phone #, it remains in pure text form, 9999999999.

Why would the field react differently based on the language setting of the user?

Immediately after opening Eclipse, it seems to be stuck. I am unable to click on anything or do anything. There is a message in the bottom right hand portion of the screen stating 'Building Workspace 0%'.  It has been there for 15min.

I have tried closing Eclipse and restarting, and the same message keeps appearing, with the same lock down of the app.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on, or how to end this? Do I just have to let it run?

• September 04, 2009

I am having trouble with Eclipse.

I created a new project from our production environment. 

I am trying to deploy classes, objects and a number of other things to a sandbox.

I select the folders I need to deploy and Deploy to Server.

It comes up with a message that my brand new project is not synchronized with the server.

I open the synchronization window, and it shows me a number of classes that are not synched. I open them in the comparison window, and the project version is identical to the server version!

I decide to give it a try, and Apply Project to Server, leave the sync window and try again.

The exact same classes come up as needing synching!

Any idea what is going on?

Message Edited by vgorgol on 08-27-2009 11:10 AM

Does anyone happen to know if it is possible to prevent users from saving reports in the Unfiled Public Reports folder?

We still want them to be able to create and run reports, just not save them in that specific folder as it fills up very quickly.

I am attempting to create a validation rule on Opportunities that will prevent certain types of users from changing the record type. I know how to limit by profile, no worries there, but I cannot seem to find a way to tell if the record type value has changed from one type to another.

ISCHANGED does not work when I attempt to access one of the record type fields, and the field RecordType does not exist according to the syntax editor.

Any ideas out there?

Hey, 

I have a situation in which I have particular number of codes in a single record in an object(object1__c). I have another object (object2__c)which have the same codes and all these codes are associated with a single key value. I want when a user selects the set of codes from object1__c , it should match look up to codes which are already present in object2__c and validate that there is a particular key value associated with these set of codes. If not , it should give an error. Any little help will be highly appreciated.

Regards

I have an interesting ask from the business, where they want to know all the accounts of a specific type that do not have any children.

Based on that, I thought a left anti join would work:

SELECT Name,Id FROM Account

WHERE   Id NOT IN

But I get an error message:

MALFORMED_QUERY:
                              ^
ERROR at Row:3:Column:31
The inner and outer selects should not be on the same object type

Is there a way to run this is a soql query?

I am trying to write a simple query to acces the Live Chat Transcript table.

I know the api name is LiveChatTranscript, but when I execute the following simple query:

SELECT * FROM LiveChatTranscript LIMIT 100

I get the following error:

'INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'LiveChatTranscript' is not supported.

Is there something I have to do to make it queryable?  I have also noticed I cannot access it in the Apex Data Loader, which seems odd as well.

I have a before update trigger on leads that creates a parent account and automatically assigns it to the converted account. This works fine.

We are adding code that will set the owner of the parent account to the user listed on the lead convert window.

The problem I am seeing is that where all the other records that are created during lead convert (opportunity, contact, account, task) are getting the new record owner  as set in the lead convert window, the parent account is getting set to current user.

What would be causing this? Is it a timing issue?

I have numerous examples of using a Custom Button containing a Link URL to open a new Case and pass info to the new case. We have even implemented this for cases. However, what I would like to do is to open a new custom object record and pass data to that. Is that possible? When I try, using the very basic link: /500/e?retURL=%2F500%2Fo&RecordType=01280000000LpIW I receive the following error message: Insufficient Privileges You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. Which seems impossible given that I am running it as a Sys Admin. Does the link have to be structured differently for a custom object? Any help is appreciated.

I have a custom button on the Event Page Layout designed to summarize the account/contact/event information from an event.

However, we require that an account be associated to the event in order to use the button.

The What field can be a number of different object types.

How can I programmatically ensure that the what is in fact an account and not something else?

Using javascript, I attempted to use the accountid:

var eventAccount = '{!Event.accountId }';

but there is no actual accountid field on Events.

"Field Event.accountId does not exist. Check spelling."

Is there a way to access accountid via javascript?

Thanks for the help!

We have created a VF that contains a phone field. When an english user (user whose language has been set in Salesforce as English) types in the phone #, it formats properly, (999) 999-9999.

When a French user (user whose language has been set in Salesforce as French) types in a phone #, it remains in pure text form, 9999999999.

Why would the field react differently based on the language setting of the user?