• 50 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

In Salesforce an email alert is generated when a new issue is created. I would like to add additional email alerts and I was told I needed a formula for this.

Does anyone know what the formula is and what steps I need to take to create it?

Thanks,

Ronda

Good afternoon!! I am trying to create an Apex trigger so when someone enters comments into the Task comments section (Description), those comments are also entered into the history comments section (History_Comments__c) on the Lead. I would like it so each time a Task is closed, the comments for that Task are entered onto a new line in the history comments section.

So it would look like this in the history on the Lead (the comments would be what is entered onto the Task) :

Talked to the borrower, they stated they were not interested

Borrower called back, stated they in fact interested in our product

Borrower called back again, stated he in fact hates our product and hopes it falls into the ocean

I hope this makes sense

Thank you for your time!

Rob

• September 03, 2010

So when I created the triggers in my Sandbox and tested them, I received 72% code coverage. Here is the code (bold is what was not covered by tesing):

trigger CopyLeadInformation on Task (before insert, before update) {

list<id> WhoIds = new list<id>();
for (Task t : trigger.new)
    WhoIds.add(t.WhoId);

list<Lead> leadList = [select id,Email from Lead where id in :WhoIds];
map<id, Lead> leadMap = new map<id, Lead>();

for(Lead l : leadList)
    leadMap.put(l.id, l);

for (Task tsk : trigger.new){
    if (leadMap.containsKey(tsk.Whoid)){
        Lead l = leadMap.get(tsk.Whoid);

tsk.Email_1__c = l.Email;
        }   
    }
}

How do I test the rest to obtain at least 75% coverage?

Any help would be appreciated!

Good day. I am not sure if this question should be here on on the Formulas and Validation Rules board, so I am posting it in both places.

We have a need to take Lead information (phone number, State, etc.) and have that info appear on the Task when a Task is created for that Lead. I have been struggling with this for a while and it's driving me crazy. I would seriously give someone some $ if they could give me a way to do it.

Thank you!

R

Good morning! I am trying to come up with a formula for taking items from the task and putting them into the history comments. For example, if a call is an incoming call that was completed on 7/30/2010 10:35 AM and the result was the borrower is not interested in our product, I would like the formula to show "7/30/2010 10:35 AM, incoming call, borrower not interested".

The main reason for this is because we have not integrated systems yet and the comments we put into Salesforce need to be cut/pasted into our main system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Rob

Hello! I am having an issue with Apex Data Loader 19. I have never had this issue with any other verions of the Data Loader and nothing else has changed in my setup.

When I update a task using Apex, and I insert a Task Completed Date/Time of "7/10/2010", it used to be that the date/time inserted would be "7/10/2010 12:00 AM". However, after I updated to Apex Data Loader 19 it will now insert the date/time of "7/09/2010 6:00 PM".

No matter what date I try to change that to using Apex, it is always the day prior to what I want and it's always at 6:00 PM. I have one workflow rule for this field and even if I deactivate this rule, this issue happens. My Excel template that I use to update with Apex hasn't changed, but I did go back to a previous version of my template just in case: same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thank you

Rob

Hello! I have a reqest from my management to be able to report on all calls completed today after 4:00 PM. The fields I am reporting on (Last Modified Date, or Task Completed Date/Time) are date/time fields and do not let me search by anything greater then 4:00 PM; it requires a date as well. This means I will have to update that report manually every day.

Help!!!

Rob

Hello! I have a workflow rule that creates a certain number of calls based on the result of a Lead. For example, if the Lead Result is "Borrower did Application", there will be 3 calls scheduled to remind the borrower to send the application back to us. The first call is scheduled 6 days from when we mailed the application to them. The 2nd call is 3 days later and the last call is 3 days after that.

Our issue is if a borrower says they mailed the application back to us, we have no way of pausing the calls for "x" number of days. We do have a Task Result of "Borrower will mail application back" that I would like to use.

So for example, we call a borrower and they tell us they will mail the application back, we close the task with that result and it pauses the calls for 6 days.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

Rob

Where is the best place to learn how to create sucessful workflow rules? Do I need to learn Excel formulas or are there books someone can point me to?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Rob

Hello there! I am trying to create a rule that will put a comment in the "History Comment" field of a Lead and a certain result is picked from a picklist.

For example: User selects "Left Message to Call" from a picklist, then in the History Comments it will show "10/9/2009: Left Messaage to Call-User Name"

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

I need advice how to work around an issue i am having with merging Salesforce information to a mail merge template created in word.

I have created a mail merge document for opportunities.  The mail merge fields used in the document have information for some contacts but not all.  For the contacts that do not have that information, a line appears in the document.

for example: The field "business name" some contacts have a business name and some don't.  The mail merge template includes the field "business name" so that the name will appear for the contacts who have a business name.  However the contacts that do not have a business name a line appears.

Usually in Word/Excel mail merges, if the mail merge document calls for a field in excel, and the excel field is blank, the document skips over the field.

for example: mail merge document - "Contact name", "contact business name", "contact phone number"

If the field "contact business name" is empty in excel it would appear in the word document: "Mrs. Lande, 614 4522"  and if the field "contact business name" is empty in salesforce it would appear "Mrs. Lande, __________, 614 4522"

How can I remove the line so that it will appear like in excel?

• September 05, 2010

Good afternoon!! I am trying to create an Apex trigger so when someone enters comments into the Task comments section (Description), those comments are also entered into the history comments section (History_Comments__c) on the Lead. I would like it so each time a Task is closed, the comments for that Task are entered onto a new line in the history comments section.

So it would look like this in the history on the Lead (the comments would be what is entered onto the Task) :

Talked to the borrower, they stated they were not interested

Borrower called back, stated they in fact interested in our product

Borrower called back again, stated he in fact hates our product and hopes it falls into the ocean

I hope this makes sense

Thank you for your time!

Rob

• September 03, 2010

So when I created the triggers in my Sandbox and tested them, I received 72% code coverage. Here is the code (bold is what was not covered by tesing):

trigger CopyLeadInformation on Task (before insert, before update) {

list<id> WhoIds = new list<id>();
for (Task t : trigger.new)
    WhoIds.add(t.WhoId);

list<Lead> leadList = [select id,Email from Lead where id in :WhoIds];
map<id, Lead> leadMap = new map<id, Lead>();

for(Lead l : leadList)
    leadMap.put(l.id, l);

for (Task tsk : trigger.new){
    if (leadMap.containsKey(tsk.Whoid)){
        Lead l = leadMap.get(tsk.Whoid);

tsk.Email_1__c = l.Email;
        }   
    }
}

How do I test the rest to obtain at least 75% coverage?

Any help would be appreciated!

Good day. I am not sure if this question should be here on on the Formulas and Validation Rules board, so I am posting it in both places.

We have a need to take Lead information (phone number, State, etc.) and have that info appear on the Task when a Task is created for that Lead. I have been struggling with this for a while and it's driving me crazy. I would seriously give someone some $ if they could give me a way to do it.

Thank you!

R

Good morning! I am trying to come up with a formula for taking items from the task and putting them into the history comments. For example, if a call is an incoming call that was completed on 7/30/2010 10:35 AM and the result was the borrower is not interested in our product, I would like the formula to show "7/30/2010 10:35 AM, incoming call, borrower not interested".

The main reason for this is because we have not integrated systems yet and the comments we put into Salesforce need to be cut/pasted into our main system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Rob

Hello! I have a reqest from my management to be able to report on all calls completed today after 4:00 PM. The fields I am reporting on (Last Modified Date, or Task Completed Date/Time) are date/time fields and do not let me search by anything greater then 4:00 PM; it requires a date as well. This means I will have to update that report manually every day.

Help!!!

Rob

I need a formula for a workflow rule.  We create campaigns that are invitations to join webinars.  The e-mail that is sent out directs the user to fill out a web to lead form.  When that lead is created, we’d like a workflow rule that would update the campaign member status to responded.  The field to test in the lead record is a custom field called “Lead Source 3”, the value of which will vary with each campaign.  The match between the new lead and the existing member record would be e-mail address. Any idea where to start on this formula?

In Salesforce an email alert is generated when a new issue is created. I would like to add additional email alerts and I was told I needed a formula for this.

Does anyone know what the formula is and what steps I need to take to create it?

Thanks,

Ronda

I am new to time trigger and have a question.

I created a custom object approval process which requires records to be submitted for approval within 48 hours from the record create date.

To implement this

1-   I created a workflow rule ( when a record created/edited...) to check the custom status field of the record . The workflow rule checks (status__c <>"Approved" OR status__c<>"Submitted"). This rule will always be true for a newly created record which is not submitted. The status__c field gets updated to "Submitted" if record is submitted for approval through a field update.

2- I added a time trigger to this workflow to send an warning email after 24 hours to the record owner to remind him/her to submit the record for approval. 

The Issue is ----- Even after a record is submitted for approval in let's say next 2 hours after creation, the time trigger still sends email after 24 hours. The rule is true at the time of first save but becomes false when status__c is changed to submitted.

How do I suppress the email alert which is queued to go out after 24 hour  when no rule is no longer applicable?

• January 07, 2010

To those reading, thank you in advance!

We have quite a few people who would really benefit from some way to insert the date/time when editing a Description field. I was wondering if there was some way I could get this in, either by it being filled in automatically once the field is being edited, or when something (a button or key combination perhaps?) is pressed.  

Thanks,

-Kenny

• November 19, 2009

I have the following Workflow Rule/Field Update/Email Alert, but it is not executing. I created and activated it today. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Workflow Rule Detail  
Rule Name Update Answers Trial Status field                Object Contact Active                Evaluation Criteria When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria Description

Update the Answers trial status field in the contact record when a trial expires, and notify Contact owner via email.

Rule Criteria (Contact: answers trial end date less than TODAY) and (Contact: answers trial status equals Active)  

Workflow Actions  

Immediate Workflow Actions: No workflow actions have been added.

Time-Dependent Workflow Actions:   0 Days After Contact: answers trial end date

Type Description Email Alert Answers trial completed notification

Field Update Change Answers Trial Status to Complete

Field Update Detail   Name  Change Answers Trial Status to Complete    

Unique Name  Change_Answers_Trial_Status_to_Complete    

Description  Change Answers Trial Status to Completed when the trial has expired

Object  Contact    

Field to Update  Contact: answers trial status

Field Data Type  Picklist New

Field Value  Completed 

Email Alert Detail  

Description  Answers trial completed notification             Email Template  Answers Trail Ended Notification

Unique Name Answers_trial_completed_notification             Object Contact

From Email Address  Current User's email address    

Recipients  Contact Owner Additional Emails    

• October 13, 2009

Hello there! I am trying to create a rule that will put a comment in the "History Comment" field of a Lead and a certain result is picked from a picklist.

For example: User selects "Left Message to Call" from a picklist, then in the History Comments it will show "10/9/2009: Left Messaage to Call-User Name"

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

I'm trying to find information about how this app works in practice.

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/apex/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016ciJEAQ

We're on professional edition and the app information is unclear if it will work or not.  The App name implies that it won't work on professional edition, but the specs say otherwise.

I'm also a little skeptical that it's free.  It looks like a lot of development went into this product but why is it free and fully hosted on salesforce?  How does the publisher make money?

Message Edited by davemaxg on 04-16-2009 08:33 AM