• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have been struggling with this problem for several days now with tech support and getting nowhere. As tech support suggested, I installed Eclipse 3.6, Force.com IDE 27, and JRE 1.6. I am downloading the specific class I want to delete. I am trying to change the status of the accompanying XML file to Deleted. I do that and save. I get no error messages. However, the status of the file returns back to Active. I can't get it to stay on Deleted. The tech claims they can make the change just fine, and it has to be on my end. I have tried performing this operation on two different operating systems on two completely different networks. Same results.

We have started using LinkPoint 360 for our Windows users with Outlook. It is absolutely fabulous. Why post it in the Apple, mac and OS X developer board? I'm posting here because I have spoken with the developers. a Mac Outlook version is on the drawing board. It is just NOT a top priority. I truly appreciate products like SF3 and MailDrop. However, I also believe more choices makes for healthier development all around. Contact the folks at LinkPoint. Make them aware of how many Mac users really are out there who would love to have a Mac version of their software.

I would dearly love to deploy this to all the Macs in my company, but being able to sync to specified groups is key. We must keep our Salesforce contacts separate from other contacts. As there are really no tools for syncing Outlook 2011 with SalesForce, our only route is Apple Mail, iCal, and Address Books...if we can get group syncing.

I know SF3 is beta, but it has been in beta for many years, and address book groups were on the wish list 3 to 4 years ago. Is there any glimmer of hope?

I have a custom Project object. I also have a custom Project Note object. I need to create a workflow rule that sends an email alert to all team members of the Project when a new note has been added to the Project Notes. Currently, the way we are managing this is by creating duplicate fields in both the Project and Project Note. When a new note is created, the data from the fields in the Project record are automatically copied to the identical fields in the Project Note record. This allows those custom fields to be visible in the Related User list available to email alerts in the workflow rules.

This seems like a lot of extra work for a simple workflow rule. Is there not an easier way to send an email alert to custom user fields in the Project object record, without having to have duplicate fields in the Project Note object record?

I have bee trying to use the Outlook Connector with Outlook 2007. In all honesty, I have been completely frustrated. There are several users who have given me read/write sharing privileges on their contacts. However, I can't get the Outlook Connector to pull those contacts into Outlook. I thought I was supposed to be able to add shared contacts into my Outlook with the connector.
We are in the process of implementing Salesforce. Currently, we have multiple people with their own contacts lists in Outlook. Obviously, some people will have duplicate contacts. What is the best way of syncronizing everyone, without ending up with ten copies of the same contact in Salesforce? I know if I do a syncronization and then merge contacts, all but the person listed as the owner for the contact will lose that contact in their Outlook contacts folder. How would multiple people have the same contact in their Outlook, but there still only be one listing in Salesforce?
I noticed it has been over a year since the last version of SF3 was produced. I like the program, with one major exception. I can't determine which contacts I want to sync. It has to be all or none. This can be a major problem since all of my personal contacts will get moved over, and converted to accounts. Are there any plans to put this feature in?

I have been struggling with this problem for several days now with tech support and getting nowhere. As tech support suggested, I installed Eclipse 3.6, Force.com IDE 27, and JRE 1.6. I am downloading the specific class I want to delete. I am trying to change the status of the accompanying XML file to Deleted. I do that and save. I get no error messages. However, the status of the file returns back to Active. I can't get it to stay on Deleted. The tech claims they can make the change just fine, and it has to be on my end. I have tried performing this operation on two different operating systems on two completely different networks. Same results.

We have started using LinkPoint 360 for our Windows users with Outlook. It is absolutely fabulous. Why post it in the Apple, mac and OS X developer board? I'm posting here because I have spoken with the developers. a Mac Outlook version is on the drawing board. It is just NOT a top priority. I truly appreciate products like SF3 and MailDrop. However, I also believe more choices makes for healthier development all around. Contact the folks at LinkPoint. Make them aware of how many Mac users really are out there who would love to have a Mac version of their software.

I would dearly love to deploy this to all the Macs in my company, but being able to sync to specified groups is key. We must keep our Salesforce contacts separate from other contacts. As there are really no tools for syncing Outlook 2011 with SalesForce, our only route is Apple Mail, iCal, and Address Books...if we can get group syncing.

I know SF3 is beta, but it has been in beta for many years, and address book groups were on the wish list 3 to 4 years ago. Is there any glimmer of hope?