• 5 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

i have a student object.there are columns like name and marks.there are 10 records with different marks.

now i want to build a custom VF Page which outputs like below

Grade column     count

-------------------------------

A' Grade               5

B' Grade               3

i hope i'm clearly conveyed my requirement.can some body guide me how to achieve this..

Regards

Lakshman

I ALWAYS GIVE KUDOS AND MARK SOLUTIONS AS SUCH

Hello all.

I am having a very tough time trying to deactivate some triggers in production.  Details below:

We need to do an update on about 85000 case records.  I do not want triggers firing.  I created a changeset containing the deactivated versions of all case triggers.  When I click validate on the changeset, it fails because it says the code coverage is too low.  

So I assume that when a trigger is deactivated, it's code coverage no longer counts toward the org wide coverage.  Is there a way to force a deactivation of the triggers despite the coverage dropping below 75% for the org?

To me this seems like it would be a common issue, but I can't quite find any posts or resources on it.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

HI,

I created a customwebservice for account,contac,opportunity insertion
all are inserting good, but here is one problem

when i click on account tab at that time contact,opportunity belongs to that account showing.

when i click on contact tab at that time opportunity is not showing in releated list block.

but that contact have opportunity may i know what i have to do. i have to do any modifications in my code

Hi,

I have a requirement where in I have table with 6 fields. The first 5 fields are picklist and sixth one is Number field.

Now ,the user can select any values from each of the picklists and based on the selection of values from the picklist , I will need to perform some numeric calculation and display the numerica value in the 6th field on the fly.

Currently my sixth field is a formula field , but the issue is , that formula field calculates and displays only after clicking on the save; Whereas my requirement is that the user can see the change in the value of the 6th field on the fly as and when the user selects or changes the value in any of the first 5 fields.

Please help!

I have custom objects using VF pages where the Tagging feature has been activated but the tagging panel is not available in the VF page but is displayed in the standard SF page. I have not found a solution in the community site and searching on the word "Tagging" unfortunately brings up way too many topics on unrelated html tag issues etc. The SF documentation covers how to implement the functionality but I have not found an example in the context of Apex.

I checked to see if showHeaders="true" is affecting the page but it doesn't appear to be involved.How do I implement the Tagging feature in a VF page? Is there a "true"/"false" attribute setting for example?

• February 09, 2010

I am trying to write a web application(java) using is which SalesForce users can view some their SalesForce data inside my application.

For this i need to prompt the user for their SalesForce user and password. These can be ANY SalesForce users... they could belong to any organization/enterprise.

But username/password is not enough for Login to work succesfully, i think  the 'security token' is also required(we need to append it to password). But it is very unlikely that any user will remember their Security Token.

Is my understanding correct? How can i solve this problem.

Is there a online authentication mechanism (like Google OAuth/OpenId)?

I am able to get data for my developer salesforce account, but how to do the same for my end users?

Thanks

hi,

I am trying to Load data from Salesforce into SQL Server 2005 using command line. Here are my settings for SQL Server in database-conf file

----------------------------------

<property name="driverClassName" value="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"/>
        <property name="url" value="jdbc:sqlserver://MyServerName:1433:databasename=MyDatabase;"/>

----------------------------------

I have installed MSSQL Server jdbc2.0 on my machine at this location

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver\sqljdbc_2.0\enu"

When I run the integration it gives me following error.

2438 [AccountExtractDB] ERROR com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseCon
text  - Database error encountered during connecting for database configuration:
 DBAccountInsert.  Sql error: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.microsoft.sqlse
rver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'.
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.m
icrosoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSou
rce.java:766)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource
.java:540)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseContext.initConnection
(DatabaseContext.java:89)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseContext.checkConnectio
n(DatabaseContext.java:81)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseWriter.checkConnection
(DatabaseWriter.java:92)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.run(ProcessRunner.jav
a:121)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:228)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLSer
verDriver
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
rce.java:760)
        ... 6 more
2485 [AccountExtractDB] FATAL com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner  -
 Database error encountered during connecting for database configuration: DBAcco
untInsert.  Sql error: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jd
bc.SQLServerDriver'.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: com.salesforce.lexiloader
.exception.DataAccessObjectInitializationException: Database error encountered d
uring connecting for database configuration: DBAccountInsert.  Sql error: Cannot
 load JDBC driver class 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'.
a:154)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.process.ProcessRunner.main(ProcessRunner.ja
va:228)
Caused by: com.salesforce.lexiloader.exception.DataAccessObjectInitializationExc
eption: Database error encountered during connecting for database configuration:
 DBAccountInsert.  Sql error: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.microsoft.sqlse
rver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'.
(DatabaseContext.java:97)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseContext.checkConnectio
n(DatabaseContext.java:81)
        at com.salesforce.lexiloader.dao.database.DatabaseWriter.checkConnection
(DatabaseWriter.java:92)
a:121)
        ... 1 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver c
lass 'com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver'
rce.java:766)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource
.java:540)
(DatabaseContext.java:89)
        ... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLSer
verDriver
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
rce.java:760)
        ... 6 more
Press any key to continue . . .

Expecting a positive response from this forum :smileyhappy:

Nilove