• 80 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Has anyone stored / handled / send replies email communications on Lead and Opportunity Object? (mainly replies, back and forth communications with customers)

I want to send emails from within Salesforce, store customer response at Opportunity/Lead record and send reply to customer response from within Salesforce.

Any insight would be helpful!

Hi,

I am trying to update COntentVersion record associted to ContentDocument when a Content Document is Archived. The trigger is throwing error when I update the ContentVersion record in before update of Content Document. There are no other trigger on COntentVersion.

Here is the error:

|FATAL_ERROR|System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 068E0000000c7UTIAY; first error: SELF_REFERENCE_FROM_TRIGGER, Object (id = 069E000000046xx) is currently in trigger UpdateStatus, therefore it cannot recursively update itself: []

Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks,

Is there a way to make  a field read-only on the content page layout but still have the ability to update these fields via apex (i.e. trigger). I tried removing the fields from page layout and creating formula field to display these values, but  removing fields from page layout also prevent apex to update these fields?

Thanks,

Pam.

Hi,

I have created a VF page with standardController="ContentVersion" and added the page to the page layout but this page is not getting displayed on the page layout.

Has anyone faced this issue before? Can someone help me with this.

Thanks,

Pam

Hi,

I am trying to upload content (SFDC Content, object: ContentVersion/ConentDocument) in saleforce using dataloader. I also have comments associated to these documents that i wanted to upload, but i don't see an option of how i can upload the comments into the DocumentComment that is displayed on the content detail page.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Pam.

Can anyone help me with how i can pull twitter feeds on to the site.com pages.

Hi,

I want to dynamically dispay text based on url parameter. I want to fetch the url parameter in custom code element and display text based on url paramater value. The issue is i don't know how to access url paramter in custom code. 

Is this even possible?Can someone help me with this?

How can i add the custom fields for Question on the page layout?

Hi,

Is it possible to get the members of the Content library via Apex? If yes, can you please help me with this.

Thanks,

Pam

Can we use/embed VF pages in sites.com site page? If so, can you guide me to the documentation on how to do this.

Hello,

I am trying to build sites using sites.com and cannot seems to find a way to allow users to upload content using sites created using sites.com.

Also, when i added a repeater for Content its not displaying any data.

Thanks,

Hello,

I am trying to build sites using sites.com and cannot seems to find a way to allow users to upload content using sites created using sites.com.

Thanks,

Hi,

I'm trying to create a custom console component. I want to add this component to the App (as a toolbar) and not the page layout. I want to dispay dynamic content on this component, is it possible to achieve? Can someone provide me with examples of how to do this.

Thanks,

Hi,

When I run the flow in the desktop flow designer it works fine but when i run the same flow from SFDC UI (Flows->run) i get this error

"An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow. An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information."

Has anyone else faced this issue. Can anyone provide some help to overcome this issue.

Thanks,

I am using the business hours to calculate SLAs and the business hours is to be set 1pm to 1:00 am. But SFDC doesn't allow you to set the business hours beyond 12:00pm. How do we work around this limitation.

Hi,

I am using flows to guide end users to create cases and we need to add  section that allows users to add attahments to the case created.

Is it possible to do so using flows? If so, then can you provide me with the steps.

Thanks,

How to remove 'New' button from the 'Recent Cases' section on the case tab?

How do I enable   Knowledge for high volume customer portal users. The profile has 'Read' permission on all articles and the Article tabs is add to the customers portal but the user is still not able to see the tab. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I am working on creating a flow for the customer portal and need to display the portal user information on the flow. I tried to create Procee.Plugin class but it is not working. 

Can anyone help me with this ?

Below is the code that I tired: this code is just to return the Id of the user.

global class customerportal implements Process.Plugin {
global Process.PluginResult invoke(Process.PluginRequest request) {
    String userId=UserInfo.getUserId();
    Map<String,Object> result = new Map<String,Object>();
    result.put('UserId',userId);
            System.debug(result);
    return new Process.PluginResult(result);
    }
    // Returns the describe information for the interface
    global Process.PluginDescribeResult describe() {
        Process.PluginDescribeResult result = new Process.PluginDescribeResult();
        result.inputParameters = new List<Process.PluginDescribeResult.InputParameter>{};
        result.outputParameters = new
        List<Process.PluginDescribeResult.OutputParameter>{ };
        System.debug(result);
    return result;
    }

We have added a domain name to our Salesforce org. and after that when the user is logged in to the org and opens a new tab and enter the url “https:/mydomain.my.salesforce.com” it takes the user to the “Home” page . The issue is that the user only has access to the service console and should never be directed to the HOME tab.

Can you help me overcome this issues?

Hi,

I have created a VF page with standardController="ContentVersion" and added the page to the page layout but this page is not getting displayed on the page layout.

Has anyone faced this issue before? Can someone help me with this.

Thanks,

Pam

Hi,

I am trying to upload content (SFDC Content, object: ContentVersion/ConentDocument) in saleforce using dataloader. I also have comments associated to these documents that i wanted to upload, but i don't see an option of how i can upload the comments into the DocumentComment that is displayed on the content detail page.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Pam.

Can anyone help me with how i can pull twitter feeds on to the site.com pages.

Hi,

I want to dynamically dispay text based on url parameter. I want to fetch the url parameter in custom code element and display text based on url paramater value. The issue is i don't know how to access url paramter in custom code. 

Is this even possible?Can someone help me with this?

How can i add the custom fields for Question on the page layout?

Hello,

Thanks,

Hi,

When I run the flow in the desktop flow designer it works fine but when i run the same flow from SFDC UI (Flows->run) i get this error

"An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow. An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information."

Has anyone else faced this issue. Can anyone provide some help to overcome this issue.

Thanks,

We have added a domain name to our Salesforce org. and after that when the user is logged in to the org and opens a new tab and enter the url “https:/mydomain.my.salesforce.com” it takes the user to the “Home” page . The issue is that the user only has access to the service console and should never be directed to the HOME tab.

Can you help me overcome this issues?

I can't open tab or subtab for Hyperlink in formula field.

formula can do this.

HYPERLINK(Id,'Mr. ' &  FirstName & ' ' &  LastName, '_parent') 

Thank you so much.

• July 20, 2011

I would like to create an extranet with Force.com Sites pages with an authentication that allow access to my SalesForce.com users.

The FAQ indicates that it is possible : 

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Sites_FAQ

I tried with http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Authenticating_Users_on_Force.com_Sites, but that only allow customers to login and it redirects to the customer portal.

But, what I need is to authenticate SalesForce.com users on Force.com Sites. Any Idea ? Is there a way to do this ?

Whenever I try to execute the Flow, I am getting this error in my debug log.

21.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG;APEX_PROFILING,INFO;CALLOUT,INFO;DB,INFO;VALIDATION,INFO;VISUALFORCE,INFO;WORKFLOW,INFO 17:21:40.025|EXECUTION_STARTED 17:21:40.025|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|VisualForce View State 17:21:40.032|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|VisualForce View State 17:21:40.032|EXECUTION_FINISHED 17:21:40.052|METHOD_ENTRY|[7]|SparkPlugs.SparkPlugs() 17:21:40.052|METHOD_EXIT|[7]|SparkPlugs 17:21:40.057|FATAL_ERROR|Internal Salesforce.com Error

When I try execute my flow:

An unhandled fault has occurred while processing the flow. Please contact your system administrator for more information.

The flow is working correctly in my Flow Designer and when I uploaded it to Salesforce dev login, this problem arises.

Kindly help me out.

Regards,

Charan

Hi,

I modified the Inline Account Hierarchy app by Force.com labs for a custom object and it works fine. But for users who have 'Read-only' acces permissions on the custom object, they are unable to view the page.

Can anyone help me with this. It is an urgent request.

Thanks in advance.

Is there a way to get the Folder names and the Reports in the folders using Apex.

Please help...Its urgent.