• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

Does anyone know if a LIST in Salesforce is ordered? I am basically, putting some items into the list and was wondering whether the items stored in a LIST are ordered (the order in which they were place in the LIST). I have ran some tests and it appears that they are but I just wanted to confirm this with someone.

Thanks

James 

Here's the issue, I am using a formula text field to tell me if the support contract date has been reached, Expired if reached and Active if not. IF ( Expiration_Date__c < TODAY (), "Expired", "Active")  It works great! The issue is that I imported over 60k accounts where 90% of these date fields are blank, therefore any blank date is returning a value of active. 

I am pretty new at this so I apologize in advance if this is a simply issue, I've tried a few things to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Pat

Hi all,

Does anyone know if a LIST in Salesforce is ordered? I am basically, putting some items into the list and was wondering whether the items stored in a LIST are ordered (the order in which they were place in the LIST). I have ran some tests and it appears that they are but I just wanted to confirm this with someone.

Thanks

James 

Hello
 I have the below trigger that I want to use to fire assignment rules when the Non_Junk is True.  Thus when the user changes Non_Junk to True I want the lead assignment rules to fire.  The trigger is firing just not the assignment rules.

trigger RunAssignmentRules on Lead (before update) {

for (Integer i=0; 1 < trigger.new.size(); i++){
   if (trigger.new[i].Not_Junk__c == TRUE){
    Database.DMLOptions dmo = new Database.DMLOptions();
    dmo.assignmentRuleHeader.useDefaultRule= true;
    trigger.new[i].setOptions(dmo);
    }
    }
}

So here is my issue. I have some text fields that can store HTML formatted data in SFDC. For example "<strong>Test</strong>". What I need to do is get a character count of the non HTML characters in that field. So for our example I want to know that there is 5 char in it not 22 char.

I can do this in Javascript by using a regular expression:

var re= /<\S[^>]*>/g; var test = "<strong>Test</strong> test = test .replace(re,"");

But I woudl like to do it in APEX and store the char count in a field on that record. I am not Java guy so all the examples seem to drive me to have a beer. Can anyone point me in the right direction?  All I really need to know how to do is perform the above Javascript code in APEX...and I think I need to user the "replaceAll" method.

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone developed an export to pull a data dictionary that contains the Salesforce Field Label and corresponding APEX Field Name for all standard and custom objects in an org. 

Or, if you already have in excel/CSV format with standard APEX Field Names and Field Labels, that would be great.

I've tried the APEX Data Loader 17 and APEX Explorer 8.0 to no avail--they only show the APEX Field Names.

Thus far, the best way to do is to run Data Loader Exports and Report Exports for each object and match the two extracts together in one spreadsheet.  (Very manual process.)

The other way is to go into each individual field to view the information. (Even more manual and tedious.)

There is an IdeaExchange example of this:  http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/64543

Message Edited by ScoutP on 09-28-2009 01:49 PM
Message Edited by ScoutP on 09-28-2009 02:18 PM
  • September 28, 2009