• 20 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a client who is interested in providing users the ability to swipe and select Salesforce Contacts, -- so their community users can match with other community users based on interests. Has anyone worked on a swipe interface for SF! or know what's involved, first steps, etc? 

Client changed lead status picklist field option from Qualified to "Signed Up" and this may be th reason for this error? Changed back to Qualified but that hasn't resolved the issue. Appreciate help identifying nature of the error and thank you in advance. 

Error: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_FILTER_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Value does not exist or does not match filter criteria.: [AccountId] Class.leadconvert.BulkLeadConvert.handleOpportunityInserts: line 740, column 1 Class.leadconvert.BulkLeadConvert.convertLead: line 104, column 1

• January 15, 2017
I'm not looking for an answer to the question as I understand this legally complex and individual  -- but rather I'm looking guidance on how/with whom I can best start understanding this issue. In particular, If you develop a solution in your dev org and years later deploy that as an employee... I mean, right??? 

Also, is there a forum where this discussion would fit, either in the Dev community or even some non-SF community?

Thanks in advance. 

These objects are both Custom (even though one is named Contracts).

I'm trying to get the Master Contract date field updated by the Stipulated End Date of the most recent Amendment. The most recent Stipulated End Date might be EARLIER than a previously Stipulated End Date.

Here's what I have so far:

Contracts and Amendments

I'd like to populate an email template with a single record and all its open tasks. Is this possible?

I know I can leverage Reporting for this; wondering if there is a way to do it otherwise. 

Thanks.

As I have not yet ramped up to VisualForce, I am looking at FormAssembly as an option for my non-crm org. The custom app I am building will have internal departments complete forms which will populate the objects. I'm impressed with FormsAssembly's web product; I haven't yet tried it with the salesforce connector. 

If you have experience with the product, can you provide your thoughts?

Since FormsAssembly I believe has its own servers for capturing data, can anyone comment on the issue of security as the data moves from desktop to FormsAssembly to SFDC?

Are there any other shortcomings you know of that I would be advised to consider?

Thanks for your help. 

• September 10, 2012

When Contract End Date is exactly 30 days from now, send email notification.

This doesn't seem hard, but I have not been able to set it up. 

Am I out of my mind? It seems like the easiest thing in the world would be to set a time trigger that shoots a notification when the calendar turns to a particular date. For example, SEND NOTIFICATION 30 DAY IN ADVANCE OF CONTRACT END DATE. 

What am I missing?  I haven't been able to find the solution by searching the documentation; the options for workflow rules (Time Dependent Actions, Immediate Workflow, Record Edited or Created) are confusingly labeled and I just have not gotten a handle on this. The other thing is, there is no way to verify whether a time based workflow works unless the date comes and passes without a notification being triggered. 

• April 25, 2012

I have a standard contracts object and a standard accounts object in my org. A custom field checkbox in my contracts object will, when true, send an email template notification. This rule works flawlessly, except in one particular case. It is a complete mystery. The one exception is contracts associated with an account I have named "Richard Coren." (No quotes. Just Richard Coren.) The notification absolutely will not work with that named account, nor will it work if I clone the account, or if I create another account also named, "Richard Coren." If I change one letter in the account name -- for example, if I change the account name to Richard Scoren --  then the rule works again. I have explored every possibility and shared this conundrum with colleagues more experienced than myself, and yet none of has been able to solve this mystery. 

Guesses anyone?

• January 05, 2012

My application is primarily for legal practice. My Contracts Status field is configured to indicate where in process a particular legal agreement is -- in revisions, with the outside party for signature, fully executed, expired, etc. 

Of course, I'm always prompted to assign a Status Category to my drop-down selections, and I always choose Draft. In fact, I don't really understand the significance of the Status Category and am hoping someone can enlighten me. Thanks.

• February 28, 2011

Via Outlook Connector, existing emails can only be attached as Tasks. Is it possible to attach existing mails as Notes and Attachments from within Outlook?

Thanks in advance. 

• August 18, 2010
I have a client who is interested in providing users the ability to swipe and select Salesforce Contacts, -- so their community users can match with other community users based on interests. Has anyone worked on a swipe interface for SF! or know what's involved, first steps, etc? 

My application is primarily for legal practice. My Contracts Status field is configured to indicate where in process a particular legal agreement is -- in revisions, with the outside party for signature, fully executed, expired, etc. 

Of course, I'm always prompted to assign a Status Category to my drop-down selections, and I always choose Draft. In fact, I don't really understand the significance of the Status Category and am hoping someone can enlighten me. Thanks.

• February 28, 2011

When Contract End Date is exactly 30 days from now, send email notification.

This doesn't seem hard, but I have not been able to set it up. 

Am I out of my mind? It seems like the easiest thing in the world would be to set a time trigger that shoots a notification when the calendar turns to a particular date. For example, SEND NOTIFICATION 30 DAY IN ADVANCE OF CONTRACT END DATE. 

What am I missing?  I haven't been able to find the solution by searching the documentation; the options for workflow rules (Time Dependent Actions, Immediate Workflow, Record Edited or Created) are confusingly labeled and I just have not gotten a handle on this. The other thing is, there is no way to verify whether a time based workflow works unless the date comes and passes without a notification being triggered. 

• April 25, 2012

I have a standard contracts object and a standard accounts object in my org. A custom field checkbox in my contracts object will, when true, send an email template notification. This rule works flawlessly, except in one particular case. It is a complete mystery. The one exception is contracts associated with an account I have named "Richard Coren." (No quotes. Just Richard Coren.) The notification absolutely will not work with that named account, nor will it work if I clone the account, or if I create another account also named, "Richard Coren." If I change one letter in the account name -- for example, if I change the account name to Richard Scoren --  then the rule works again. I have explored every possibility and shared this conundrum with colleagues more experienced than myself, and yet none of has been able to solve this mystery. 

Guesses anyone?

• January 05, 2012

What is Native app?

What is the differences between Native app and Custom app in salesforce