• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have created a custom object and trying to insert/ create a new record from VisualForce page. I have tried the sample codes from the VF developer blogs/ notes but am not able to create the record. I would like to get a sample code from someone who has done this successfully
I have created a custom object and trying to insert/ create a new record from VisualForce page. I have tried the sample codes from the VF developer blogs/ notes but am not able to create the record. I would like to get a sample code from someone who has done this successfully

One of the great things about s-controls was the ability to navigate to a new edit screen for a new record and fill in some of the fields automatically.

This could be acheived with a single line (or so) of code, but had drawbacks when any of the info had non-alphanumeric characters in it.

I was wondering if there was an easy way to do it in Visualforce. Currently, it seems that you have to produce mark-up for the record screen and produce apex code.

With thanks,

Andy