• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I also posted this on the New to Cloud Development Board ----

We would like to allow the team of a case owner to be able to "take over" a case, in the event of a case owner's absence from the office.  I know that SFDC rules are that only the case owner and those above that person in the role hierarchy are able to change the case owner ... can we put a read/write sharing rule in effect that will also allow certains groups to change ownership?

Hello! I am having an issue with Apex Data Loader 19. I have never had this issue with any other verions of the Data Loader and nothing else has changed in my setup.

When I update a task using Apex, and I insert a Task Completed Date/Time of "7/10/2010", it used to be that the date/time inserted would be "7/10/2010 12:00 AM". However, after I updated to Apex Data Loader 19 it will now insert the date/time of "7/09/2010 6:00 PM".

No matter what date I try to change that to using Apex, it is always the day prior to what I want and it's always at 6:00 PM. I have one workflow rule for this field and even if I deactivate this rule, this issue happens. My Excel template that I use to update with Apex hasn't changed, but I did go back to a previous version of my template just in case: same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thank you

Rob

The trailhead exercise for "Get Started with Reports and Dashboards for Sales Managers", does not seem to be correct. The exercise needs me to add a filter on "Opportunity Status: Closed Won". Shouldnt it be "Stage: Closed Won"? There is no field called Opportunity Status

How can I use Visual Workflow to update a field on a record?

I have a button on an Account that triggers a Visual Workflow. Based on some steps in the workflow, I would like to update some fields on the Account that the user began from. How can I achieve this? I am unable to get to the current record. 

How do I check what level of access does a user have on a record?

For a record, from the <Object>__share table, I can get the Ids of the users or groups that the record is shared with. However, if a record is shared with a user, because he/she is the manager of the user, I cannot get that from the <Object>__share table.

For a record, if I click on the Sharing button, I am redirected to a page that shows me all the sharing details.  When I click "Expand List", I am able to find the list of all the users that can access this record, with a "Why?" for each user. How can i access this information via apex?

Hi,

I have a requirement to generate UUIDs for associating IDs that are unique across 2 apps - one SF and another external app. There is a Java utility that allows creation of UUIDs. Is there a similar API that can be used for generating UUIDs in Apex?

Regards,

Ram

Hi,

I have a use case, where I am creating a Salesforce user using the API, and setting the password using the setPassword() API. There is a web tab on my .Net application that automatically logs the user into Salesforce using the login credentials that the code sets while creating the user. So the login process is seamless to the user, and he / she would not have to enter the usename and password manually.

However, when the application logs the user in the first time, it redirects him / her to set the Security Question and Answer. I want to skip this process by setting these up when the user is set up. However, I am unable to find an API that will allow me to set these attributes. Is there a way to set the question and answer using APIs?

Ram

I have a business case, where there is a .Net web application that opens up Salesforce within the app. How do I ensure that the user is automatically logged in without being asked for a username and password.

Note:
1. The login needs to be seamless - so that even when a new user is setup, he/she does not have to go through the process of password reset. The user should not have to know what his / her username and password is
2. This Salesforce org already has SSO enabled. However, the users that use the web app are not on the same network. Hence SSO will not work. I would need a parallel authentication mechanism. Is it possible to have 2 parallel external authentication mechanisms. Is yes, how? Is there some documentation that I can refer?
3. I dont want to maintain Salesforce usernames and passwords in the .Net app, since it will be an overhead to sync the passwords everytime
4. I cannot use a single API user that will impersonate all users, because, I need to keep a history of which user did what. 

What options do I have? And if I am willing to store the paswords in the .Net app, are there easy options to automatically store the user credentials and have the user login into Salesforce.

Ram

Hi,

I have a requirement to generate UUIDs for associating IDs that are unique across 2 apps - one SF and another external app. There is a Java utility that allows creation of UUIDs. Is there a similar API that can be used for generating UUIDs in Apex?

Regards,

Ram

I also posted this on the New to Cloud Development Board ----

We would like to allow the team of a case owner to be able to "take over" a case, in the event of a case owner's absence from the office.  I know that SFDC rules are that only the case owner and those above that person in the role hierarchy are able to change the case owner ... can we put a read/write sharing rule in effect that will also allow certains groups to change ownership?

Hi All,

Please find the following onclick code:

window.open("https://cs2.salesforce.com/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=01IA0000000osrS&retURL=%2F{!GE_Installed_Base__c.Id}&save_new_url=%2Fa06%2Fe%3FCF00NR0000000oKiF%3D{!GE_Installed_Base__c.Name}%26CF00NR0000000oKiF_lkid%3D{!GE_Installed_Base__c.Id}%26CF00NA0000002R42U%3D{!Account.Name}%26CF00NA0000002R42U_lkid%3D{!Account.Id}%26retURL%3D%2F{!GE_Installed_Base__c.Id}");

This code is to pre-populate account lookup. The highlighted merge field account name is creating problems. If the account name has an "&" symbol, for example, "P P & Montane",  the account name is being passed in the URL as "P + P". so there is a "Multiple list values error" on the page for the account lookup field.

Can anyone give me a solution for this? i tried URLENCODE and SUBSTITUTE functions. but in vain.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hello all,

Is there any easier way to upload one attachment to multiple records at a time.

Here is how my requirement goes... In our organization users want to add a attachment to a group of accounts (the group may vary depending on their criteria). Is it possible for them to select an attachment and add it to the notes and attachments section of all the accounts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All

Please can you advise that is it possible to print some static text (labels) in the standard interface  of the SFDC? And what is use of Custom labels and how to use it?

Thanks,

Rao

Hi,

I have a use case, where I am creating a Salesforce user using the API, and setting the password using the setPassword() API. There is a web tab on my .Net application that automatically logs the user into Salesforce using the login credentials that the code sets while creating the user. So the login process is seamless to the user, and he / she would not have to enter the usename and password manually.

However, when the application logs the user in the first time, it redirects him / her to set the Security Question and Answer. I want to skip this process by setting these up when the user is set up. However, I am unable to find an API that will allow me to set these attributes. Is there a way to set the question and answer using APIs?

Ram

Hello! I am having an issue with Apex Data Loader 19. I have never had this issue with any other verions of the Data Loader and nothing else has changed in my setup.

When I update a task using Apex, and I insert a Task Completed Date/Time of "7/10/2010", it used to be that the date/time inserted would be "7/10/2010 12:00 AM". However, after I updated to Apex Data Loader 19 it will now insert the date/time of "7/09/2010 6:00 PM".

No matter what date I try to change that to using Apex, it is always the day prior to what I want and it's always at 6:00 PM. I have one workflow rule for this field and even if I deactivate this rule, this issue happens. My Excel template that I use to update with Apex hasn't changed, but I did go back to a previous version of my template just in case: same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thank you

Rob

I have a business case, where there is a .Net web application that opens up Salesforce within the app. How do I ensure that the user is automatically logged in without being asked for a username and password.

Note:
1. The login needs to be seamless - so that even when a new user is setup, he/she does not have to go through the process of password reset. The user should not have to know what his / her username and password is
2. This Salesforce org already has SSO enabled. However, the users that use the web app are not on the same network. Hence SSO will not work. I would need a parallel authentication mechanism. Is it possible to have 2 parallel external authentication mechanisms. Is yes, how? Is there some documentation that I can refer?
3. I dont want to maintain Salesforce usernames and passwords in the .Net app, since it will be an overhead to sync the passwords everytime
4. I cannot use a single API user that will impersonate all users, because, I need to keep a history of which user did what. 

What options do I have? And if I am willing to store the paswords in the .Net app, are there easy options to automatically store the user credentials and have the user login into Salesforce.

Ram

We create our cases from an Outlook mailbox.  Is there a way for an email to be generated to the Contact - giving the case # etc? 

We haven't been able to figure out how to do this, so our work-around is to go in and edit and save the case - and then check the "Send notifcation email to contact" checkbox. 

We have a role for lead entry with several users.  The role is very limited, but when they enter a task on a lead, their user name is a link under the "assigned to" column and when clicked on they are able to edit user fields and we don't want them to.  Is there a way to lock down a user to the point of not being able to change user settings?