• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am running the data loader from the command line and have a need to export all records including those that are soft deleted (IsDeleted=true).

However I have been unable to figure out how to do that in Apex Data Loader v19's process-config.xml file. I tried "extract", "extract all" and "extract_all". None of that works.

I believe the v19 corresponds to Summer 10 release at which time the default behavior of the data loader changed. Can anyone help me with what value to put in to process.operation parameter to export soft deleted records?

Thanks.

I get the above error when trying to perform an Upsert. I have escaped text fields using SecurityElement.Escape function but still get the above error. Below is the WebResponse:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
- <soapenv:Body>
- <soapenv:Fault>
  <faultcode>soapenv:Client</faultcode>
  <faultstring>Character reference "&#x13" is an invalid XML character.</faultstring>
  </soapenv:Fault>
  </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>

I am using Upsert call for contacts. There are around 1800 contacts in my database table. However, upsert call inserts/updates around 1600 of them and the rest are coming back as null. When I take a look at the input data, I don't see anything wrong. Also there are no errors thrown by the API.

Under what circumstances would UpsertResult object in UpsertResult object array would be set to null?

What is the minimum date/time value possible for setting via the API? for example in .NET you can have DateTime.MinValue which gives 1/1/0001. However, the API doesn't accept this as a valid date.

I have opportunity records without close dates in some. I just want to be able to put some date for them so that they won't show up in any report.

I am using Partner WSDL to perform Upsert in my .NET application. I am splitting the records in batches of 200 and using the wrapper classes to compress the request and response using gzip.

I am using FieldsToNull property to mark the fields that are null in each of the sObjects in my Upsert array. And I am also providing the Id property of the records where available. Of course, new records will not have the Id property.

However, I am getting the "Internal Server Errror" response when trying to upsert. I have never seen this error before and I don't see any other error codes that tells me precisely what's wrong with what I am trying to do.

Any help is appreciated.

My company has 60 branches across USA. Every user in Salesforce.com needs to be assigned to a branch. I have a custom object for branch that houses branch data (address, phone, fax, name, region etc). It looks like I am not able to add a lookup relationship in User as a custom field so that I can assign every user a branch.

So, what I thought I could do alternatively is link branches and users. I decided to create a junction object with two master detail relationships. One with user and second one with the Branch custom object.

However, l can't even do the junction object since the User object is not available in the drop-down list for master-detail relationship. I believe there must be some reason behind this design but this creates a problem for me.

Since the company keeps realigning branches and opening new ones, closing old ones etc all the time, creating a role hierarchy for 60 branches is not feasible.

How to best achieve what I need? Any help?

Hi,

I have a need to copy data from a standard object (Opportunity) to a related custom object (Proposal) when "New Proposal" button is clicked on the Proposal related list on the Opportunity detail page.

I think my only two options are Visualforce page and s-control. Considering s-controls will be retiring soon, I think my only option is Visualforce. However, I am a Visualforce novice and want to know the following:

Can I create a visualforce page without any user interface by overriding "New" button on the custom object (Proposal) that will allow me to take data from standard object (Opportunity) fields and copy it to related custom object (Proposal) fields?

If the answer is Yes, can you get me started with some details or a code sample on how to do this?

Thanks.

Is there a way to get description information for a custom object field in Visualforce? I have a need to iterate over fields of a custom object and create a layout in 3 columns, column 1 - Label , column 2 - Input field, column 3- description information for that input field.

Is this possible in Visualforce? I am trying to replicate a 3 column word document in Salesforce.com.

Someone asked for an example of this, here's some code that creates a contact and uses an external ID on the account record to set the relationship to the account (rather than using the salesforce id for the account). The code assumes there's an field called extId__c on account which is flagged as an external Id, and that the account with the value ID_001 already exists.

XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
            XmlElement acc = doc.CreateElement("Account");
            XmlElement extId = doc.CreateElement("extId__c");
            extId.InnerText = "ID_001";
            XmlElement ty = doc.CreateElement("type");
            ty.InnerText = "Account";
            acc.AppendChild(ty);
            acc.AppendChild(extId);

sf.sObject contact = new sf.sObject();
            contact.type = "Contact";
            XmlElement e1 = doc.CreateElement("FirstName");
            XmlElement e2 = doc.CreateElement("LastName");
            e1.InnerText = "Simon";
            e2.InnerText = "Fell";
            contact.Any = new XmlElement[] { e1, e2, acc };

sf.SaveResult sr = s.create(new sf.sObject[] { contact })[0];
            if (sr.success)
                Console.WriteLine("new contact id is {0}", sr.id);
            else
                Console.WriteLine("Error {0} {1}", sr.errors[0].statusCode, sr.errors[0].message);

My company has 60 branches across USA. Every user in Salesforce.com needs to be assigned to a branch. I have a custom object for branch that houses branch data (address, phone, fax, name, region etc). It looks like I am not able to add a lookup relationship in User as a custom field so that I can assign every user a branch.

So, what I thought I could do alternatively is link branches and users. I decided to create a junction object with two master detail relationships. One with user and second one with the Branch custom object.

However, l can't even do the junction object since the User object is not available in the drop-down list for master-detail relationship. I believe there must be some reason behind this design but this creates a problem for me.

Since the company keeps realigning branches and opening new ones, closing old ones etc all the time, creating a role hierarchy for 60 branches is not feasible.

How to best achieve what I need? Any help?

Hi,

I have a need to copy data from a standard object (Opportunity) to a related custom object (Proposal) when "New Proposal" button is clicked on the Proposal related list on the Opportunity detail page.

I think my only two options are Visualforce page and s-control. Considering s-controls will be retiring soon, I think my only option is Visualforce. However, I am a Visualforce novice and want to know the following:

Can I create a visualforce page without any user interface by overriding "New" button on the custom object (Proposal) that will allow me to take data from standard object (Opportunity) fields and copy it to related custom object (Proposal) fields?

If the answer is Yes, can you get me started with some details or a code sample on how to do this?

Thanks.

Is there a way to get description information for a custom object field in Visualforce? I have a need to iterate over fields of a custom object and create a layout in 3 columns, column 1 - Label , column 2 - Input field, column 3- description information for that input field.

Is this possible in Visualforce? I am trying to replicate a 3 column word document in Salesforce.com.

I am trying to trigger a workflow when I create a Campaign Member. In the Salesforce help files, it says that this can be done whenever a new lead is created from your website using the web to lead. I am not creating leads and campaign members through web to lead though, I am doing it through .NET and the Force API. Can anyone recommend a good approach for triggering a workflow off a Campaign Member in my scenario?
Hi, I am able to upsert a contact record referencing the external field of its account relationship. But if I try to do that with a custom table I get the following error:

"Unexpected element {}type during simple type deserialization"

Does anyone have any experience or insight into this issue? Here's the code fragment in question:

Code:
    ArrayList elements = new ArrayList();

elements.add(new MessageElement(new QName("SPS_Account_ID__c"), id));

// Foreign key relationship to the Account object
    MessageElement client_me = new MessageElement(new QName("Account__c"));
    client_me.addChild(new MessageElement(new QName("type"), "Account"));
    client_me.addChild(new MessageElement(new QName("Client_ID__c"),  accountID));
    elements.add(client_me);

SObject[] sObjects = new SObject[1];
    sObjects[0] = new SObject();
    sObjects[0].setType("SPS_Account__c");
    sObjects[0].set_any((MessageElement[]) elements.toArray(new MessageElement[elements.size()]));

Message Edited by steven.warren on 04-08-2008 04:45 PM