• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to utilize the info provided in the Visualforce developer guide here to create a tabbed record for a custom object ("SFDC_Project") to navigate multiple custom-object related lists.

I'm new to apex, but I didn't have any trouble with setting up the tabbed record override on Accounts.  I am running into the same issue every time I try to save with the custom object ID lookup in the URL. 

Error: "Id value 01I30000001Etwk is not valid for the SFDC_Project__c standard controller"

<apex:page standardController="SFDC_Project__c" showHeader="true" 
      tabStyle="SFDC_Project__c" >
   <style>
      .activeTab {background-color: #7325C2; color:white; 
         background-image:none}
      .inactiveTab { background-color: lightgrey; color:black; 
         background-image:none}
   </style>
   <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="tabdetails" 
                  id="AccountTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab" 
                  inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab">   
      <apex:tab label="Details" name="AccDetails" id="tabdetails">
         <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/>
        </apex:tab>  
      <apex:tab label="Meetings" name="Meeting__c" id="tabMtg">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!SFDC_Project__c}" 
                           list="Meeting__r" />
      <apex:tab label="Issues" name="SFDC_Issue__c" 
                id="tabIssue">
                           list="SFDC_Issue__r" />
      <apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" 
                name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt">
                           list="NotesAndAttachments" />
   </apex:tabPanel>
</apex:page>

I've been looking everywhere on the boards for a solution, but the answers I've found haven't worked. I'm hoping that it'll be easy to point out the error of my ways since this seems to be pretty basic......... any advice?

I'm trying to get the Contacts Related List on the Account Detail Page to display records in ascending order by Last Name.  When I click the "Contact Name" field and select "Ascending" in the Page Layout editor, the Contacts sort by First Name.  For example, "Aaron Zimmerman" would show at the very top of the Contact List instead of at the bottom.  This isn't very helpful for our users and makes finding duplicate difficult.

I am aware that I can add a "Last Name" field and sort by that, but this seems redundant since the Contact Name is already there (and cannot be removed).

How can I get these records to sort alphabetically by Last Name without adding the "Last Name" field to the Related List?

On a related note, does anyone know the default sort order for Contacts in SFDC?  It appears to group them by Created Date in our org.  Help & Training didn't specify - it only stated that each related list has a different default sort order.

Thanks for any ideas...