• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We're trying to use the new "Rich Text Area" Data Type in our VisualForce pages, but getting the following error:

"Error: Invalid field Main_Content__c for SObject CloudConversion__Portal_Content__c"

This is supported yet?  Is there a special trick to get it to work?

Thanks,

Jon 

<apex:outputText escape="false" value="{!content.Main_Content__c}"/>

The Spring 10 is support rich text...great! but can anyone give me some hints on how to access the field?

The application I am working on needs to read out the content and convert it to a PDF..

Is the content of the rich text field stored as HTML format? How about the inserted image? How to access them? I can't find any documents so far:-(

• February 08, 2010

{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.Clone, Opportunity.Id, [cloneli=1],true)}

Is it possible to set a value for Opportunity name, for example, in the URLFOR syntax? If so, what would be the syntax for this example.

Regards,

When rendering a page as a PDF the filename of the PDF is the name of the page which is not a good thing. The problem with this is that the name is not unique and can cause confusion with the user.

I'm working on a quoting app that renders a quote as a PDF. Some broswers open the PDF embed, others automatically launch your PDF reader, and some prompt you to save or open. The problem is that if opened or saved theses files are all saved as qoute.pdf, qoute[1].pdf, quote[2].pdf, quote[3].pdf. The problem should be obvious.

Ideally you should be able to define the name of the generated PDF but I haven't figured out how to do this.

Thanks,

Jason

• February 25, 2009
ok, as I understand it,

Code:
<apex: param assignto="{!resultid}" value="123"/>
should assign the value, in this case "123" to the setter method setResultID() in the controller right?

Well it doesn't.

Code:
Apex: 
public string resultid; 
public string getResultId(){ return resultid; } 
public void setResultId(string id){ this.resultid = id; } 

VF: 
<apex:outputpanel id="result> 
   {!resultid} 
</apex:outputpanel>
<apex:outputlabel>
   <apex:actionsupport event="onclick" action="{!myretrieve}" rerender="result" status="status">
     <apex:param assignto="{!resultid}" value="123"/> 
   </apex:actionsupport> 
   Click Me 
</apex:outputlabel> 

Shouldn't clicking this outputlabel result in the {!resultid} displaying "123"?
Hello,

If I install the Mass Delete tool will this allow me to add the "Delete" button to Custom Object list views or is it standard objects only?

Thanks,

Jeff Beck
Hello.  I am writing an scontrol which overrides the New button on a Custom Object.   I want the button to take me to an edit screen, but I want to pass a few parameters.  I'm able to pass constant string parameters into fields, but I can't make dynamic fields work.  My basic scontrol is pasted below.  The "static text here" is displayed in the input field in the edit screen.  However I can't make the Project__c.Name value appear.  I've tried all sorts of things - enclosing it in quotes (then the quoted text appears), using the merge notation (error when saving), etc.

Note that I'm trying to create a new Timecard__c record from inside the Project__c record's related list.  (If using the New button from anywhere else, these fields will be blank which is fine...)  So my question is - what is the proper notation that I use to pass the value of Project__c.Name?

<script type="text/javascript">
window.parent.location.href="{! URLFOR($Action.Timecard__c.New, null, [CF00N50000001S4Rz="static text here", CF00N50000001Ru1r=Project__c.Name], true)}";
</script>

Thanks for your time.

Chris

• May 21, 2007