• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi!

I want to include an apex method, which needs an object as variable, into my own visualforce page. So, if anybody clicks on a commandLink the method should be envoked with the relative object.

My approach:

<apex:pageBlock title="Title">
<apex:dataTable value="{!method}" var="object" width="100%">
<apex:column >
<apex:facet name="header">ID</apex:facet>
<apex:form >
<apex:commandLink value="{!object.name}" action="{!method(object)}"/>
</apex:form>
</apex:column>
</apex:dataTable>
</apex:pageBlock>

The method [in dataTable value] is defined in an apex class and returns a list of several objects with some attributes, e.g. the name.

The method(object) [in commandLink action] is also defined in an apex class. Unfortunately I can't refer to the object.

Does anybody know why?

Thanks in advance!

Phil 

Hi!

I want to include an apex method, which needs an object as variable, into my own visualforce page. So, if anybody clicks on a commandLink the method should be envoked with the relative object.

My approach:

The method [in dataTable value] is defined in an apex class and returns a list of several objects with some attributes, e.g. the name.

The method(object) [in commandLink action] is also defined in an apex class. Unfortunately I can't refer to the object.

Does anybody know why?

Thanks in advance!

Phil 

Hi!

I want to  include the standard button "Edit" into my own visualforce page. So, if anybody clicks on the ID of an entry, the relative edit page should open.

My approach:

<apex:dataTable value="{!method}" var="Object" width="100%">
<apex:commandLink value="{!object.ID__c}" action="{!Edit}"/>

The method (in dataTable value) is defined in an apex class and returns a list of several objects with some attributes. One of these attributes is ID__c.

I'm already able to display the ID as normal text, but it isn't shown as commandLink with the action Edit.

Does anybody knows why?

Thanks in advance!

Phil 

Hi,

I've made a new visualforce page for an object. As controller of this page, i made a new apex class with some additional methods...

Now I want to include the standard button "New" of this object in my own visualforce page. But everytime I include 

<apex:commandButton value="blabla" action="{!New}"/>

to my page, the error "Unknown Method 'Controller.New()' " occurs.

Does anybody have an idea how to include the standard button otherwise?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Hi!

My approach:

Does anybody know why?

Thanks in advance!

Phil 

Hi!

My approach:

Does anybody know why?

Thanks in advance!

Phil 

Hi,

I've made a new visualforce page for an object. As controller of this page, i made a new apex class with some additional methods...

Now I want to include the standard button "New" of this object in my own visualforce page. But everytime I include 

<apex:commandButton value="blabla" action="{!New}"/>

to my page, the error "Unknown Method 'Controller.New()' " occurs.

Does anybody have an idea how to include the standard button otherwise?

Thanks in advance!

Phil