• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi 

New to SFDC and just want to check what I am doing will work with the advanced filters. I want to run a report to make sure our salespeople have the correct accounts there are 4 basic criteria for the allocation but with one slight exception so I have 6 criteria on the report and have set up the following advanced filter would be grateful for any advice or just a sanity check on this:

1 AND 2 AND 3 AND (4 OR (5 AND 6)

So the desired results should be show in either 1,2 , 3 and 4 are all met or 1, 2, 3,  5 and 6 are met

Have I got that right? 

• December 04, 2009

I know there are ways to download contact details etc... to excel but is there anyway to download ALL SalesForce data in one large spreadsheet? Or do you have to download certain areas seperately?

Any help would be appreciated.

A

I've found a bug in the connector, although there may be a reason it is written this way.

From my testing I have found that while i can use IN statement to lookup child items from the parent, for example, contacts on an account, it does not appear possible to do the reverse... query on the contacts then use an IN query to look up the parent on those contacts.

Admittedly we are using customer objects, but it appears that the IN criteria is limited to "references" fields.

I can work around it by adding ID fields to the types of fields applicable with IN statements in the code, but wanted to know if anyone else had found this problem and if it has perhaps been fixed in one of the later versions?

I've done some research and concluded that currently there’s no way of attaching more than 1 child (dependant) objects to parent (primary) in salesforce custom reports.

A number of threads (dated 2007 to 2009) with tons of replies has been posted on the “Ideas” portal.

People keep promoting these ideas and asking to add this feature to reports, but there’s no definite reply or suggested alternatives from the SF team’s part.

Here’s one of the posted ideas, for example:

http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10091937/Custom_Reports__One_Parent_Multiple_Children

If anyone could suggest a workaround or give a tip, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks.

• December 09, 2009

Where can I find code to create a custom link on the opportunity to pull up a map of the address?

I was hoping to find code somewhere then figure out how to add my fields to the address fields in Google.

Is it harder than I am making it sound? I have no coding experience other than some apex coding testing. Any suggestions?

• December 08, 2009

For a custom object, one of my users is unable to change the record type of a record she owns.  The "change" link simply does not appear for her.  It does appear for me as sysadmin.

I've double-checked that her profile has full CRUD permissions on the object, has access to all of the record types, and has field permissions on the Record Type field.  I've also logged in as her in sandbox, and double-checked that she's not just mis-reporting this.

What else would prevent her from being able to change the rectype?

Thanks!

• December 04, 2009

Hi 

New to SFDC and just want to check what I am doing will work with the advanced filters. I want to run a report to make sure our salespeople have the correct accounts there are 4 basic criteria for the allocation but with one slight exception so I have 6 criteria on the report and have set up the following advanced filter would be grateful for any advice or just a sanity check on this:

1 AND 2 AND 3 AND (4 OR (5 AND 6)

So the desired results should be show in either 1,2 , 3 and 4 are all met or 1, 2, 3,  5 and 6 are met

Have I got that right? 

• December 04, 2009

I would like to create a custom link for a custom object that has multiple record types. I am not sure if what I am trying to do is possible through custom links.

The custom object is Go_Live_Process__c

The two record types involved are "HL7" and "SOW"

The link would be on the page layout for HL7 and we want the link to find the SOW record that has the same Account as the HL7 record. So the link would lead the user to see the detail page of the SOW record.

Is this something that can be done with a custom link? If so does anyone have any suggestions

• December 03, 2009