• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am attempting to format a datetime object queried in an SOQL statement.  However, the format method of the dateTime object is not accepted and I receive an unexpected token error and the token is the open parenthesis of the following excerpt.

select Start_Time__c.format('DD-MMM-YYYY')

Am I not invoking the method of the dateTime object correctly?

Thanks

I am attempting to format a datetime object queried in an SOQL statement.  However, the format method of the dateTime object is not accepted and I receive an unexpected token error and the token is the open parenthesis of the following excerpt.

select Start_Time__c.format('DD-MMM-YYYY')

Am I not invoking the method of the dateTime object correctly?

Thanks

Can the upsert with relationships be used with Data Loader's command line?  If so, are there any examples of an SOQL statement that will do this?  I am attempting to pull Customer data from Oracle R12 and migrate this to SF but need to also include location and owner (account manager) data.  One is a reference from Account and the other is a reference to Account (child).  I can pull the data from Oracle using DataLoader's command line and upsert SF but I don't know how to get the owner id (unknown in Oracle) or the location id (also unknown in Oracle).  This is a one way interface.
I'd like to know how DataLoader 10 sets a field for Upsert based on External ID.  What attribute of the Contact sObject does it set?  Also, it asks for 2 records for foreign key External ID Upsert (Account and Reports To).  What does it actual DO with the field selected in order to tell SalesForce to use it and why doesn't that apply to other foreign keys (i.e. Owner).

Thanx!