• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hai,

I created a Managed package in developer Edition,After uploading it,I tried to install that package in another Developer Edition,While Uploading I got an Error Below,

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 162078345-2867 (17559164)

I Tried with

• Grant access to admin only
  • Grant Access with All Users

Also,

Ignore Apex test failures

Any Idea on this.

Hi,

I'm a new user of salesforce, and am wondering how I can assign more than one person to a task/schedule date/diary entry. So that it can inform a team all working on the same thing. 

Also can I make salesforce send out alerts via email to blackberry phones as well as peoples email accounts on a daily basis etc...

Thanks

Zak 

Hi All,

In my aplliction is having 6 pageBlockSections.Each section is having 8 fileds.

I am facing the problem while clearing the fileds.If the fileds are not under pageBlockSection i can clear the fileds by using java script.

ex:

<script>

function clearflds()

{

document.getElementById('{!$Component.frm.details}').value=null;

}

</script>

<apex:inputField id="details" value="{!Sea_Foot_Note__c.Issue_Details__c}"/>  

<apex:commandButton value="Cancel" onclick="clearflds()" />

But here i am facing the problem how to clear the pageBlockSection inputFields.

Ex:

One Section  is having 4 fileds.They are one TextArea Field(Issue Details),2 Picklist Fields(Any issues,Clearing Category),and one Date Field(Control Date).By clicking on the New Button i can enter the values.By clicking on the save button i can save the record.By clicking on the cancel button i was unable to clear the fields.

My requirement is when i click on the cancel button i have to clear the values of 4 input fileds.These 4 fileds are under pageBlockSection.

Plz tell me if any one knows.

My sample code is as follows:

<apex:page standardController="Sea_Foot_Note__c" >

<apex:form id="frm" > 
    <apex:pageBlock>
       <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2" showHeader="true" title="SFN Main Entity">
          <apex:inputField id="issue" value="{!Sea_Foot_Note__c.Any_Issues__c}"/>               
          <apex:inputField id="details" value="{!Sea_Foot_Note__c.Issue_Details__c}"/>            
          <apex:inputField id="cdate" value="{!Sea_Foot_Note__c.Control_Date__c}"/>                       
          <apex:inputField id="category" value="{!Sea_Foot_Note__c.Clearing_Category__c}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockSection>
        <apex:pageBlockButtons>
           <apex:commandButton value="New"/>
           <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" />
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>        
    </apex:pageBlock>         
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Thanks in advance,

Manu..

• December 22, 2009

hello,

i'm wondering if it is possible to filter by comparing a field in the parent and a field in child.  Example, I have a parent object Merchandise that has field Price and it has a child object Line Items with Unit Price.  I was thinking...

SELECT Unit_Price__c, Merchandise.Price__c FROM Line_Item__c 

WHERE Merchandise.Price__c < Unit_Price__c

However, it doesn't seem to allow that.  Is that a limitation or I just got the wrong query?

Thanks! 

Hi,

I have a Product section in Lead object and I want to create a field that contain the user name ( With hyper link ) , who edit this section.

For that I created a TEXT field  “Last User “ and create a workflow rule , if any changes occur into the Product section then field update Last user  = last modified user name.

But the problem is,  I am able to get user name like “ Jon Smith” but can’t able to create a Hyper link on that. 

We have function like URL and HYPERLINK but we can’t use them for Field update / Workflow rule.

Any idea ??

Regards,
Deepak

Hi,

I have recently installed  Force.com plugin for eclipse. I am facing some problems in creation of Force.com project. After entering project name, user name, password, and security token when i press "Next" button then after sometime an error message is shown. Contents of the messages are :

"

Unable to connect to "www.salesforce.com"

Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Please verify and/or change your  credentials.

"

Can any body help me in solving this error.

Regards

Yasir Mehmood

Current Scenario

• Client is currently using Salesforce to capture various registration details about a particular customer.
  • This information is then manually re-keyed into another (custom-built, web-based) application to perform customer setup on the other system. There are multiple pages in this second application which the user clicks through as data is entered

Problem

• Large volume of manual re-keying of the same data
  • Room for human error

Required Solution

• We want to be able to pull data from Salesforce into the second application such that certain fields are automatically populated. Ideally, the user will be able to click a button in Salesforce which would launch the other application and auto-populate based on a mapping we specifiy.

Is this possible? Ideas on how to solve this problem would be very much appreciated!

Hi all,

Can anyone help me how to create the header for a partner portal?

It did not take the image file and through some other posts, i saw that we need to use the html. But still the header is not showing up.

Please help.

Thank you!

• December 22, 2009

So in one part of our system, the following happens:

• a trigger changes the value of a picklist on a custom object
  • a Workflow rule detects that change and fires off an email.

Since about the 4th of December though, it seems to have stopped working.

The workflow rule is pretty simple, so I don't really understand whats preventing it.

The details of the rule are:

Operates on a custom object. 

Evaluation Criteria: When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria

Rule Criteria: ISPICKVAL(Status__c, 'Not Started') 

Active: Yes

Immediate Workflow Actions: an email alert 

Edit: The rule does fire if I manually update the object to set the appropriate status, but does not fire when a trigger updates the status.

Any ideas?

thanks. 

Message Edited by tf_ianr on 12-14-2009 09:27 AM
Message Edited by tf_ianr on 12-16-2009 04:52 AM