• 200 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Was wondering if there is a way to make a Drop down list for the Subject line in Tasks.  I realize by default we can add to a picklist, but I'm trying to prevent the subject line from being modified or typed in, and limited to just a few choices.  It appears that most of the fields are locked down, and required in the task area.

• August 06, 2010

I wish to create a custom template for approvals, however I am having some trouble finding where in the documentation it specifies the name of the merge fields related to the approval such as those to generate the link, all I could find was this reference in the online help "If the email template you choose contains approval merge fields named {!ApprovalRequest.field_name},..." but it does not specify what the field names are for the approval request.

Know where I can find more information.

Good morning! I am trying to come up with a formula for taking items from the task and putting them into the history comments. For example, if a call is an incoming call that was completed on 7/30/2010 10:35 AM and the result was the borrower is not interested in our product, I would like the formula to show "7/30/2010 10:35 AM, incoming call, borrower not interested".

The main reason for this is because we have not integrated systems yet and the comments we put into Salesforce need to be cut/pasted into our main system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Rob

I am trying to display a different colored flag based on a value chosen in a PickList field on the same screen.  Here is my code:

CASE ({!CSAT},
"Satisfied", "IMAGE("https://na2.salesforce.com/01540000000iFMJ", "Green_Flag") ",
"Some Concerns", "IMAGE("https://na2.salesforce.com/01540000000iFMO", "Yellow_Flag") ",
"Not Satisfied", "IMAGE("https://na2.salesforce.com/01540000000iFM9", "Red_Flag") ",
"None")

When I check the Syntax I get: ".....Syntax Error:  Missing ")" and it is highlighting the above where I did a strike through.  I have tried many variations of this code and cannot get past errors.

Can anyone help me?  I'd really appreciate it!

Hi,

I have a custom object "Customer Deal Sheet" that a rep can create off of any Closed Won opportunity.  I added a lookup relationship field called Account, so the rep can choose which account the deal belongs to (Ideally this would auto populate from the account selected in the Opportunity).

I also need a way to pull in the Account ID into a field on the Customer Deal sheet.  I understand that I could just add a blank text field, but if that's the case this field will never get filled in.

Can anyone help with formulas to automatically pull in the Account and Account ID into my custom object "Customer Deal Sheet"?

Thanks!!

Hello ... I need to copy data from one field to another on the same object ..

Here is the requirement..I have 2 custom fields on an object. I need to create a 3rd formula field where it has to copy data from field1 if field 2 is empty.Also copy data from field 2 if field 1 is empty ..return a null if nothing is populated... Is there a way that I can do this....I tried ISNULL and BLANKVALUE but couldnt figure it out

Any help is appreciated

Please provide the formula required to pull the data from Account: Phone and Account: Physician [custom] into the Opportunity page for that Account. 

Thank you,

Amy

Hi All,

I have created custom text field (18 characters) to accept only numbers, as we want to remove comma saperator in numbers. It is done sucessfully using the REGEX using following validation. It is not accepting any thing except numbers (which is good), but it is not saving if I enter less that 18 numbers. I have to enter 6 or 9 numbers according to requirement. please help, by suggesting better validation code or some other idea.

NOT(

OR(

LEN ( Only_Numbers__c ) = 0,

REGEX( Only_Numbers__c , "[0-9]{18}")

)

)

I am a victim of my own overthinking...

On Tasks, I have a VR that requires the Subject to not be left as "Call". I have another VR that requires a value be selected on a custom picklist field before the Task can be saved.

I have a workflow rule that is set for immediate action on any Task that fits a certain criteria. When it the rule fires, it performs two actions; a field update to put "No answer" in the subject line and a field update to update the custom picklist field with a specific value.

When I create a task that meets the criteria needed for the WF to work, I click save but the VRs fire before the field updates.

I am well versed in reports and building dashboards with reports. What I am not versed in is using VisualForce pages on dashboards.

What I am trying to accomplish is essentially a dynamic dashboard of indicators showing a list of objectives and their level of completion at any given time.

Picture a page full of power meters where the left side is red and 0% and the right is green and 100%. Since there is no dashboard widget like this (gauge is not the same and pie does not suffice for many objectives), is it feasible to use VF pages or S-Controls to accomplish something like this? Does anyone have code for a VF page that could display the results of a report in a dynamic fashion?

IF(ISNULL( End_Date__c ) ,
TEXT((TODAY() - Hire_Date__c)/ 365) & " years",
TEXT((End_Date__c - Hire_Date__c)/ 365) & " years")

Above is the code I have so far. The only problem is that this potentially shows results such as "3.1234237563223457 years". Is there a way to make the equation give a result such as "3 years 33 days"?

Thank you!

I have created an Approval Status field on the Opportunity but cannot figure out if there is anyway to prevent a quote from being saved if the Opportunity is not approved.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this without a trigger?

I am unable to figure out who can see what and why they can see it when it comes to the Team Calendar of the Time-Off Manager app. For example, I am the admin for TOM yet I do not see the time off requests of my fellow employees when I look at this month's Team Calendar. When Im logged in as a different user, I see all of them. When Im logged in as one of the users with a submitted request, I only see that submitted request on the calendar.

I cant figure out the rhyme or reason of who sees what on the TOM Team Calendar.

Thanks.

I have a multi-select picklist field (called GVP States) on a custom object where a user can select one or more states. This object is related to Opportunities. I want to make an Opportunity Validation Rule that says "The Account Billing State/Province must equal one of the GVP States values". I understand that multi-select picklists have a very limited number of functions that can be used with them, so I am unable to figure out how to work this. Any ideas for a work around?

Is this possible through a CASE function or something?

I know this is silly and very novice, but I am just getting my feet wet with creating page templates and I accidently edited and saved the TestTemplate code that comes with CMS Force and now I cannot remember how to get it back to the way it was.

Can someone take a second to copy and paste the code here for me so I can bring it back to the original 4 contentblockitem layout?

Thank you!

I read an old 2006 Salesforce PDF about dynamic images using IF or CASE functions but I still cannot get this to work. Where am I wrong?

Depending on the Product Name, I want the image (stored in the Documents) of its logo to appear.

When I check syntax, it tells me Error: Syntax Error found "netTrekker". Can I not use the CASE function with Product Names?

IMAGE( CASE( Name) , 
netTrekker d.i., "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015Q0000000DFhU", 
WRE, "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015Q0000000DFhP",
BPoP, "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015Q0000000DFhK", 
BPoP ESP, "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015Q0000000DFhK", 
BPoP Jr, "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015Q0000000DFhK",
Canada-nT, "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015Q0000000DFhU",
UK nTdi, "servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015Q0000000DFhU"), 
"Logo")

Plain and simple (and it blows my mind that SFDC cannot do this) we want to have a field on the Account, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity record pages that shows a total of the number of activities that have been completed with them. We want to be able to run reports such as Leads with less than 5 activities since creation or Accounts with no activity in the past 30 days, etc.

Can anyone think of a way to write a formula field (dont think roll-up summary fields work for this) that could do this. I cant get a field update on the Account page for example to read anything from Activity History...

I cant be the first one to talk about this before and Im surprised I havent even found an App that does exactly this (at least not by my searches).

So maybe this isnt exactly about Desktop Integration but its the closest accessible board to our issue.

We have a user who is using Salesforce on a computer with Windows 7, Office 2007, and IE8.

He has a habit of copying and pasting the text from a completed task in Salesforce into a new Outlook email message. This seems simple and innocent enough, but when he does it, he gets the hour glass for about 30 seconds and then it shuts Outlook down, wants to Send an Error Report, and then he has to restart Outlook, never getting the text to actually paste.

The text is not hyperlinked, but I do notice that when he hovers over the text in Salesforce, it gets a light blue box around it and upon right-clicking, he has options such as Blog with Windows Live and Send to Excel.

Now, when he does the same action in Firefox, the text copies and pastes just as you would expect.

Is this an issue with Salesforce in IE8?  IE8 itself does not seem to cause the same issues when text is copy and pasted from other websites.

SFDC Support build us a  custom trigger that is not doing it job and they are not wanting to make any changes to it now. All I need to know to make the changes is what is the correct name of the field that would be typed into Apex coding for Activity Record Type (Task, Event, Null).

In the bigger picture, where are the Apex code names of all fields located?

Thanks in advance!

Ultimately I am wanting to create a custom field called PO Received Month which pulls the month of the PO Received Date field, but in text format, not number format.

Currently this is the formula I put in the Formula Text field but its spitting out "4" for April and "5" for May and I want it to read "April" and "May".

TEXT(( YEAR( PO_Received_Date__c )))

Thanks in advance!

I currently have a Task VR going that simply prevents a Task from being edited once the Status is marked Completed.

Unforunately, Events do not have a Status field. Because of the quirky way Events act in Salesforce like Outllook events, is anyone familiar with an effective way to allow users to update and edit events up until they are completed and then essentially lock them? Is there a way to say "if now is greater than end time, then no can do" or something even easier than that, that I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

Is it possible to right Validation Rules based on Contact Roles or lack thereof? Specifically we want to prevent Opportunities from being marked Closed Won without at least one Contact associated with the Opportunity as a Contact Role with the Role of Decision Maker.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!

I posted about a basic version of this rule about a month ago and it was solved. (Thanks again Stevemo)

Now I need to build some exceptions into this rule. 

Specifically the goal of this rule is

"The Related To (WhatId) field of an Event is required if the Name (WhoId) is not a Lead, UNLESS the Name (WhoId) is blank AND the User's profile is one of those listed AND the Event Record Type equals the one below.

AND(NOT(LEFT(WhoId,3) = "00Q" || WhoId = "" && $Profile.Id <> "00e80000000wY2R" && $Profile.Id <> "00e80000001K2s9" && $Profile.Id <> "00e80000000xKQi" && $Profile.Id <> "00e80000000xJTh" && $RecordType.Id <> "012Q000000009ZN" ), LEN(WhatId) < 1)

What do I have wrong??

Thanks! 

OR(ISPICKVAL(Task_Type__c, "Onsite"), ISPICKVAL( Task_Type__c , "Webinar"), ISPICKVAL(Task_Type__c, "Online")) && ISPICKVAL(Status, "Completed") && ISBLANK( PD_Expense__c ) && ISBLANK( PD_Completed_date__c ) && ISBLANK( No_of_Participants__c ) && ISBLANK( PD_Confirmation_Emailed__c ) && ISBLANK( Material_Shipped_on__c ) && ISBLANK( PD_Evaluation_Emailed__c ) )

I am trying to create a task validation rule that requires 6 custom fields to not be blank if a custom field called Task Type is one of three picklist values AND the status of the task is Completed.

Above is what I have, but what it is doing is if the task type is one of the three and completed, it is only requiring one of the 6 fields to not be blank and then it is saving successfully.

What am I doing wrong??

Hello,

I thought this was simple, but Im running into an issue I need someone to set me straight on. I want to be able to require the Related To (WhatId) field of a task, but because when the Name field is set to Lead, the Related To field grays out and cannot be completed. 

My problem is, when I made a simple rule such as:

WhatId = ""

it still throws the error even when the task is logged with a Lead (even though the WhatId field cannot be completed). 

Is there a way to write the rule where "if Name is a Contact, then Related To is required"?

I am attempting to create a Task Validation Rule where if the Task Type picklist field contains one of three task types, then the WhoId field cannot be left blank.

This is what I have so far, but I keep getting the syntax error: Error: Syntax error. Found 'Task'

ISPICKVAL( Task Type, "Implementation Call"
|| Task Type, "PR 1 Call"
|| Task Type, "Renewal Call")
&& WhoId=""

The text name of the field is "Task Type" - is there some rule in SFDC that a field name cannot contain Task? Is that my problem or is it something else?

Hello again!

I am looking for a quick fix for an issue that we have. We have a custom picklist field called "Related Campaigns" (this allows us to use the Related To look up field for Opportunities and Accounts). We currently have a VR in place which does not allow most users to edit a Task once it is Completed.

Is there a way to edit this rule, or include a second rule that says only the Related Campaign field may be edited once a Task is completed?

Here is the current rule restricting all editing of completed activities:

NOT(ISNEW())&&
$Profile.Id <> "00e80000000wY2R" &&
$Profile.Id <> "00e80000000xJTO" &&
$Profile.Id <> "00e80000000xJTh"&&
ISPICKVAL( PRIORVALUE(Status), "Completed")

Thank you in advance!

Hello All,

I am trying to create an Opportunity Validation Rule that solves the following:

If the Channel Partner field is not blank, and the Opportunity Record Type is New or Renewal, you must have one of three User Profiles in order to change the stage to "Closed Won".

Here are our specifics:

Channel Partner field (look up field): Channel_Partner_del__c 

Opportunity Record Type New:  RecordTypeId = "012800000006Ggk",

Opportunity Record Type Renewal: RecordTypeId = "012800000006Ggp",

User Profiles allowed to mark StageName "Closed Won":

$Profile.Name = "Thinkronize Partner User"  ||
$Profile.Name = "Thinkronize Power User+Create" ||
$Profile.Name = "System Administrator" 

Please help!

Thank you,

I am a victim of my own overthinking...

On Tasks, I have a VR that requires the Subject to not be left as "Call". I have another VR that requires a value be selected on a custom picklist field before the Task can be saved.

I have a workflow rule that is set for immediate action on any Task that fits a certain criteria. When it the rule fires, it performs two actions; a field update to put "No answer" in the subject line and a field update to update the custom picklist field with a specific value.

When I create a task that meets the criteria needed for the WF to work, I click save but the VRs fire before the field updates.

Was wondering if there is a way to make a Drop down list for the Subject line in Tasks.  I realize by default we can add to a picklist, but I'm trying to prevent the subject line from being modified or typed in, and limited to just a few choices.  It appears that most of the fields are locked down, and required in the task area.

• August 06, 2010

Hoping someone can advise. I have created a dependency on two picklist, the second of which,  when "yes" is selected, I would like an automatic e-mail sent to a specified e-mail address.

The way it is currently set up is that you select the values in the picklists and if you select yes, you receive an error stating, please e-mail... and i've created a button for e-mail.

Is there a way to 1) make these dependent (I think only picklists can have dependencies); or 2) execute a trigger via code to autorun?

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Cheers! 

• August 06, 2010

Happy Friday everyone!

I am using Clicktools to create a call script when a contact is called.  There are various bits of information that I am capturing and passing into SF.  I also want to create a new task , mark it as "completed" and give it a due date of today's date (Effectively "Log a Call").  The issue I am facing is that in SF, you cannot use a Task due date in a workflow rule or in a formula field.  Has anyone out there faced similar issue and been able to successfully resolve it?

Any advice offered is greatly appreciated.

Thank you ,

Ashleigh

• August 06, 2010

I wish to create a custom template for approvals, however I am having some trouble finding where in the documentation it specifies the name of the merge fields related to the approval such as those to generate the link, all I could find was this reference in the online help "If the email template you choose contains approval merge fields named {!ApprovalRequest.field_name},..." but it does not specify what the field names are for the approval request.

Know where I can find more information.

I am very new to all this and have no idea of programming so...

I have a "helpdesk" style system within SF and each "ticket/record" has Notes / Attachments. When the ticket is "edited / created" e-mails get sent out to revelent people.

Now when the a Note or Attachment is added the record is not classified as "edited/updated" so i need to create a trigger to affectivly update the record when a note is created.

Any one know how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Jason

I am well versed in reports and building dashboards with reports. What I am not versed in is using VisualForce pages on dashboards.

What I am trying to accomplish is essentially a dynamic dashboard of indicators showing a list of objectives and their level of completion at any given time.

Picture a page full of power meters where the left side is red and 0% and the right is green and 100%. Since there is no dashboard widget like this (gauge is not the same and pie does not suffice for many objectives), is it feasible to use VF pages or S-Controls to accomplish something like this? Does anyone have code for a VF page that could display the results of a report in a dynamic fashion?

Validate Opportunity Close Date > Task Due Date when saving a task?

• I want to be able to validate if the due date on a Task associated to an opportunity is valid, it means that the Task Due Date has to me less than Opprotunity Close Date. It should not be possible to create a new task which Due Date is greater than the Opportunity Close Date.
  • When creating a new Task and selecting a Task Due Date and pressing Save I want Salesforce to validate if Due Date < Opportunity Close Date. If the validation return FALSE an errormessage has to pop up telling you have to eighter change the Task Due Date or the Opprotunity Close Date.

If possible I would like to make a validation directly on Due Date and Close Date, but it is not possible to make that validation as far as I can figure out.

Anybody out there who already has an solution?  

Thanks a lot. 

I have a custom object that has a master-detail relationship with Contact.  I have a workflow rule on the custom object that needs to send an email to the contact.  In the email template I would like to include merge fields from the contact, such as FirstName.

I configured the email alert to use Related Contact and in the template I used the field {!Custom_Object__c.Contact__r.FirstName}, but the field is blank when I do a test.  Is this supposed to work in Salesforce, or can I only use fields from the object that fired the workflow rule?

I've tried a VF email template but I can't get it to work either.

Thanks
David

Hi All,

We utilize the Master Parent, Parent and Child relationships for our accounts.  All of our child accounts have a custom date field that we use to indicate when they first began service with us.

It is at all possible to create a Forumula to look at all of the Parent's child accounts and pull the the eariest date from the child's custom date field?

For example,

Parent A

Child 1 - Start Date 1/1/2010

Child 2 - Start Date 6/30/2010

Child 3 - Start Date 8/2/2010

The forumla would pull 1/1/2010 as the start date (since it is the earliest of the three) and put that as the start date for the Parent account.

Any ideas if this is possible through a formula?

Thanks!

Could I have help on what Apex triggeri would use to auto populate lead address in task section. I was told a formula and I don't know any yet

thank you!!!

Alex

• August 02, 2010

Hi All,

I have created custom text field (18 characters) to accept only numbers, as we want to remove comma saperator in numbers. It is done sucessfully using the REGEX using following validation. It is not accepting any thing except numbers (which is good), but it is not saving if I enter less that 18 numbers. I have to enter 6 or 9 numbers according to requirement. please help, by suggesting better validation code or some other idea.

NOT(

OR(

LEN ( Only_Numbers__c ) = 0,

REGEX( Only_Numbers__c , "[0-9]{18}")

)

)

I picked up the following Tip during a SFDC presentation and it works great on the Contact record. It creates a button on the Contact object, which when clicked, creates an activity in the Contact record and sets up a reminder task in 2 days.

I need to modify it to do the same on a Case object. Can anyone help me modify the code so that it does the same in a Case, i.e. creates an activity that a VM was left, and creating a reminder task when clicked? 

Code is at the end of the next section.

Need: Track all activities to contacts within Salesforce and save time by having one click logging of left voicemails

Business Case: Sales reps can quickly log voicemail calls and receive a reminder task a few days later to follow up on the voicemail.

Business Value: Make more calls, improve productivity in high call volume type environments

Left Voicemail Custom button instructions

To set 1 custom buttons on the contact record – LVM

select Setup| Appsetup | Customize | Contacts | Custom Buttons and Links | select new custom button

Create a button label name (LVM) in the display type select the Detail page button option

select behavior type - Display in existing window without sidebar or header

select content source – URL

add the Code: (modify the code to fit your instance)

/00T/e?followup=1&title=Call&retURL=%2F{!Contact.Id}&who_id={!Contact.Id}&what_id={!Account.Id}&tsk5=LVM&tsk6=Left+a+voicemail+for+{!Contact.Name}

&tsk5_fu=FU+VM+w+{!Contact.Name}+fr+{!Account.Name}&tsk4_fu={!TODAY()+2}&save=x

• March 05, 2010