• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I want to deploy an Apex class from sandbox to Enterprise Edition.When I run test under sandbox environment , I am getting following output.

Test failures:0,

Code coverage total %: 100

However, when I deploy that apex class to Enterprise Edition it is saying code coverage is only 54%. I am getting the following error.

Error: Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 54%, at least 75% test coverage is required

I am not understanding why coverage is 54% here?  Could anyone please explain me about this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• September 28, 2010

Hello All! Looking for some innovative out of the box thinking here...

I'm looking for a way (for certain profiles only) to be navigated to the User Detail page instead of the User Profile page when clicking on someone's user name in Salesforce.com. I know that we can manually append ?noredirect=1 to a URL to navigate to the User Detail page but I don't know the first thing about how to make the system do that automatically only for certain profiles. Is there any way, perhaps via a custom HTML component in the left navigation on a home page layout specific to a profile, that we can cause the user to navigate to the User Detail page instead of the User Profile Page through a URL redirect or something? We don't want certain profiles to have access to the User Profile page.

I know there are ideas on the idea board that we can vote for (which I've done) but looking for a solution now.

Thanks,
Neil

• August 12, 2013

JELD-WEN, inc., a leading window and door manufacturer, is currently seeking a qualified individual to provide technical knowledge of the Salesforce.com platform as well as identify, evaluate and document functionality requirements that meet business needs.

This role will work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service departments to implement Salesforce.com projects globally. *This is a Business Analyst role.  Technical understanding is required but this is not a developer position.*

Salesforce.com Experience Required:

- 5+ years proven experience with designing, implementing and maintaining Salesforce.com applications (CRM, ServiceCloud, Marketing, Custom).

- Global experience. Understands strategies on how to roll out a CRM in a global environment where there are currently a variety of separate CRM solutions or no CRM at all.

- The position requires knowledge of and hands-on experience with, Salesforce.com application tiers, concepts, processes, technology, and tools.

- Understands Salesforce.com  Workflow, Approval Processes, Triggers, Classes, Security, Email, and General Administrative functionality.

- Work with other business analysts and business team to define technically feasible requirements.

- Responsible for delivering the design and development phases of the project for assigned projects.

- Work with internal and external vendor teams on all support/enhancement/project related activities.

- Working with support team on day to day support activities and on small enhancements.

Additional Desired Qualifications:

-  Experience with a Marketing Automation systems such as Eloqua, Unica, Marketo, SilverPop, Entiera, Neolane, Aprimo or similar.

- Maintain and manage the source control repository for assigned applications.

- Salesforce.com coding platforms.

- Experience with QlikView a plus.

- Experience with Sharepoint a plus.

General Business Analyst (BA) Responsibilities:

- Responsible for eliciting and documenting functionality requirements for software, hardware and third-party solutions.

- Works with JELD-WEN business units and the various IT groups to identify, evaluate and document functionality requirements that meet business needs. 

- Expert at drawing out the specifics of what the business needs to succeed. 

- Able to excel in a fast-paced environment while interfacing with several distinct groups and various personality types.

Communication:

- Demonstrates a high level of cultural understanding and emotional/situational intelligence

- Leads business meetings and presentations by developing clear meeting goals, logically organizing agendas and incorporating innovative presentation approaches when appropriate

- Articulates ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing to varied groups of people

- Establishes a rapport quickly and build relationships with various personality types at different levels of the organization

- Communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences (and vice versa) in a manner that is clear, concise and understandable

- Moves fluidly across functional, technical and cultural boundaries to facilitate/build relationships and translate business needs into technology solutions

Critical Thinking:

- Gathers high level requirements and then proactively draws out “hidden” more detailed requirements to paint a complete picture of current and future needs (using methods like brainstorming sessions, interviewing, Visio diagrams).  Once gathered the BA would obtain buyoff from the business to ensure appropriate understanding.  Ultimately the BA is responsible for the quality of the solution that is being delivered – they are the *requirements* owner from an IT perspective.

- Understands end-user behavior with respect to their interactions with an IT solution

Other:

- Understands business strategy by being connected with department direction and how it supports the corporate strategy.

- Ability to take any request and treat it as if it were his/her own.

- Accountable for and manages to agreed deadlines and expectations.

- Flexible with time/schedule.

Please send resume and cover letter to jobs@jeld-wen.com with *Salesforce.com BA* in the subject line.

• October 15, 2012

Hi all, I'd be super thankful if any of you can point me in the right direction. I'm new to this so here goes. I'm creating a tab to replace the opportunity tab (actually 2 tabs). Each tab will skip the record type selection screen and I want each tab to default to a particular list view but still allow the list view to be changed if necessary. So far I have this that does everything I want it to except default to a particular list view. How can I get it to default to a particular list view rather than selecting the last list view that the user selected when they were last on the page?

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" recordSetVar="opportunities" tabstyle="Test__tab" sidebar="false">

<apex:pageBlock title="Account Opportunities">

<apex:form id="theForm">

<apex:commandbutton action="{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.New, $ObjectType.Opportunity, [p3='012A0000000xcAf', save=1])}" title="New Account Opportunity" value="New Account Opportunity"> </apex:commandbutton>    

<apex:panelGrid columns="2">
      <apex:outputLabel value="View:"/>
      <apex:selectList value="{!filterId}" size="1">
        <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="list"/> 
        <apex:selectOptions value="{!listviewoptions}"/>
      </apex:selectList>
    </apex:panelGrid>

</apex:form> 

<apex:pageBlockSection >
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!opportunities}" var="o" id="list"> 
      <apex:column value="{!o.name}"/>
    </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

I finally got my first trigger working... for 1 record. Now I need to make it work in bulk. Help! It's not too complicated but I've tried to explain what I'm doing which is why the code seems long. The purpose of the code is to set a field to the lead owner's manager's e-mail address and to set a four and eight hour follow up time using business hours.

trigger calcLeadFollowUpTimes on Lead (before insert) {

for (Lead LD: Trigger.new) {

//I've set up business hours for our company and this queries the table to get the ID for the business hours I want to use.

BusinessHours stdBusinessHours = [select id from businesshours where Name = 'Leads'];

// This assigns a default value to my variable to use in case the code below doesn't find an e-mail address.
String mgrEmail = 'emailaddress@mycompany.com'; 

//Sets the mgrID variable initially to empty.
String mgrID = '';

//Sets the mgrID to the user's manager. The user in this case is the lead owner. If it retrieves a valid ID then it uses that to look up the manager's e-mail address and sets the variable mgrEmail.
mgrID = [select ManagerId from user where user.Id =: LD.ownerId].ManagerId;
if ( mgrID != NULL) {
mgrEmail = [select Email from user where user.id =: mgrID].email;
}

if ( stdBusinessHours != NULL) {
// We currently have 12 hours / day (5:00 AM - 5:00 PM, M-F). Our SLA is 8 business hours so we have an eight hour follow up time. This trigger also calculates 4 business hours as a halfway point reminder. 
LD.Four_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c = BusinessHours.addGmt (stdBusinessHours.id, System.Now(), 4 * 60 * 60 * 1000L);
LD.Eight_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c = BusinessHours.addGmt (stdBusinessHours.id, System.Now(), 8 * 60 * 60 * 1000L);
}
if ( mgrEmail != NULL) {
//Sets the manager's email field so that manager can be notified
LD.LeadOwnersManagersEmail__c = mgrEmail;
}
}
}

As I mentioned this code works great for 1 record but now when I try to import leads it fails for multiple records. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. I'm very new to this as this is my first trigger so please take that into consideration when posting your response. Thank you!!

Edit: Here is the error message I'm getting: Alert: All information in the import file was already in salesforce.com. Result: No data was created or modified in salesforce.com. 19 values: unexpected errors. Line number(s): 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
  • December 01, 2010

Hi all... here's my first trigger. I'm setting three field values on a lead (a four hour follow up time in business hours; an eight hour follow up time in business hours; and grabbing the users manager's email to store on the lead for emailing purposes). I've got it all working and I've got a test class working. Everything is fine except I can only get my test class coverage to 91%. How do I get to 100%? It was at 100% until I enhanced my trigger code to work better. Please help!

Trigger code:

trigger calcLeadFollowUpTimes on Lead (before insert) {

BusinessHours stdBusinessHours = [select id from businesshours where Name = 'JELD-WEN Leads'];
String mgrEmail = 'email@email.com'; 
String mgrID = '';

for (Lead LD: Trigger.new) {
mgrID = [select ManagerId from user where user.Id =: LD.ownerId].ManagerId;
if ( mgrID != NULL) {
mgrEmail = [select Email from user where user.id =: mgrID].email;
}
if ( stdBusinessHours != NULL) {
// We currently have 12 hours / day (5:00 AM - 5:00 PM, M-F). Our SLA is 8 business hours. This trigger calculates 4 business hours as a halfway point reminder. 
LD.Four_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c = BusinessHours.addGmt (stdBusinessHours.id, System.Now(), 4 * 60 * 60 * 1000L);
LD.Eight_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c = BusinessHours.addGmt (stdBusinessHours.id, System.Now(), 8 * 60 * 60 * 1000L);
}
if ( mgrEmail != NULL) {
//Sets the manager's email field so that manager can be notified
LD.LeadOwnersManagersEmail__c = mgrEmail;
}
}
}

Now here is my test class code:

@isTest
private class testLeadFollowUpsClass {

static testMethod void insertLead() {
// Insert a lead
System.debug('NJ:Inserting Lead to test follow up times');
Lead ldDated = new Lead (LastName='TestLead123123', Company='JW', Status='New', Lead_Type__c='Architect');
insert ldDated;

// Read the record back and verify that the fields modified by this trigger are not null
ldDated = [select Id, LastName, Four_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c, Eight_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c, LeadOwnersManagersEmail__c
from Lead 
where LastName = 'TestLead123123'];
System.assert (ldDated.Four_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c != NULL); 
System.assert (ldDated.Eight_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c != NULL);
System.assert (ldDated.LeadOwnersManagersEmail__c != NULL);
System.assert (ldDated.Id !=NULL);
}
} // testLeadFollowUpsClass

Any advice? I'm brand new to APEX and fairly new to programming anything in general so please explain. Thanks, Neil

EDIT:

One other thing I would be interested in knowing is if there is anything I can do to make sure that this trigger doesn't prevent a user from saving a lead. In other words is there an exception handling?

Thanks!

• September 28, 2010

I've been trying to use the Excel Connector for the last two weeks to manage the data in our organisation, but I'm having a problem where I get the following error in Excel which is preventing me from using this tool:

Error Generated by request::An internal server error has occured while processing your request.
Url:https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/13.0

ExceptionCode : 5103

The first couple of times I tried to use Excel Connector it worked fine. However I then started seeing this error every time I tried to use it - the error appears after I put in my password in Excel Connector and click Login.

We are on Salesforce Professional. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the toolkit and connector, but it hasn't made a difference. I'm using Excel 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit.

I can log in to Salesforce in my browser on the same computer.

I've checked that IE is not in Offline Mode, and verified that Excel can actually connect to the internet (pinged a URL using VBA script).

I've tried disabling my antivirus (MSE) and windows firewall.

I've tried changing the server url as suggested by this thread (had to modify registry keys to do this as that field was not editable in the connector.

None of these resolutions worked.

Has anyone experienced and managed to resolve this, or can anyone suggest any other possible resolutions?

Hi,

I am deploying my project from sandbox to production. And i am using "ANT" tool for deploying. But it is giving me error as given below:

Error: objects/Form__c.object(144,13):field integrity exception: unknown (must specify either cascade delete or restrict delete for required lookup foreign key)

Can anybody help me please. Thanks,

Hi all, I'd be super thankful if any of you can point me in the right direction. I'm new to this so here goes. I'm creating a tab to replace the opportunity tab (actually 2 tabs). Each tab will skip the record type selection screen and I want each tab to default to a particular list view but still allow the list view to be changed if necessary. So far I have this that does everything I want it to except default to a particular list view. How can I get it to default to a particular list view rather than selecting the last list view that the user selected when they were last on the page?

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" recordSetVar="opportunities" tabstyle="Test__tab" sidebar="false">

<apex:pageBlock title="Account Opportunities">

<apex:form id="theForm">

<apex:commandbutton action="{!URLFOR($Action.Opportunity.New, $ObjectType.Opportunity, [p3='012A0000000xcAf', save=1])}" title="New Account Opportunity" value="New Account Opportunity"> </apex:commandbutton>    

<apex:panelGrid columns="2">
      <apex:outputLabel value="View:"/>
      <apex:selectList value="{!filterId}" size="1">
        <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="list"/> 
        <apex:selectOptions value="{!listviewoptions}"/>
      </apex:selectList>
    </apex:panelGrid>

</apex:form> 

<apex:pageBlockSection >
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!opportunities}" var="o" id="list"> 
      <apex:column value="{!o.name}"/>
    </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

Hi All,

I want to deploy an Apex class from sandbox to Enterprise Edition.When I run test under sandbox environment , I am getting following output.

Test failures:0,

Code coverage total %: 100

However, when I deploy that apex class to Enterprise Edition it is saying code coverage is only 54%. I am getting the following error.

Error: Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 54%, at least 75% test coverage is required

I am not understanding why coverage is 54% here?  Could anyone please explain me about this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• September 28, 2010

Hi all... here's my first trigger. I'm setting three field values on a lead (a four hour follow up time in business hours; an eight hour follow up time in business hours; and grabbing the users manager's email to store on the lead for emailing purposes). I've got it all working and I've got a test class working. Everything is fine except I can only get my test class coverage to 91%. How do I get to 100%? It was at 100% until I enhanced my trigger code to work better. Please help!

Trigger code:

trigger calcLeadFollowUpTimes on Lead (before insert) {

BusinessHours stdBusinessHours = [select id from businesshours where Name = 'JELD-WEN Leads'];
String mgrEmail = 'email@email.com'; 
String mgrID = '';

for (Lead LD: Trigger.new) {
mgrID = [select ManagerId from user where user.Id =: LD.ownerId].ManagerId;
if ( mgrID != NULL) {
mgrEmail = [select Email from user where user.id =: mgrID].email;
}
if ( stdBusinessHours != NULL) {
// We currently have 12 hours / day (5:00 AM - 5:00 PM, M-F). Our SLA is 8 business hours. This trigger calculates 4 business hours as a halfway point reminder. 
LD.Four_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c = BusinessHours.addGmt (stdBusinessHours.id, System.Now(), 4 * 60 * 60 * 1000L);
LD.Eight_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c = BusinessHours.addGmt (stdBusinessHours.id, System.Now(), 8 * 60 * 60 * 1000L);
}
if ( mgrEmail != NULL) {
//Sets the manager's email field so that manager can be notified
LD.LeadOwnersManagersEmail__c = mgrEmail;
}
}
}

Now here is my test class code:

@isTest
private class testLeadFollowUpsClass {

static testMethod void insertLead() {
// Insert a lead
System.debug('NJ:Inserting Lead to test follow up times');
Lead ldDated = new Lead (LastName='TestLead123123', Company='JW', Status='New', Lead_Type__c='Architect');
insert ldDated;

// Read the record back and verify that the fields modified by this trigger are not null
ldDated = [select Id, LastName, Four_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c, Eight_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c, LeadOwnersManagersEmail__c
from Lead 
where LastName = 'TestLead123123'];
System.assert (ldDated.Four_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c != NULL); 
System.assert (ldDated.Eight_Hour_Follow_Up_Time__c != NULL);
System.assert (ldDated.LeadOwnersManagersEmail__c != NULL);
System.assert (ldDated.Id !=NULL);
}
} // testLeadFollowUpsClass

Any advice? I'm brand new to APEX and fairly new to programming anything in general so please explain. Thanks, Neil

EDIT:

One other thing I would be interested in knowing is if there is anything I can do to make sure that this trigger doesn't prevent a user from saving a lead. In other words is there an exception handling?

Thanks!

• September 28, 2010
I want to carry fields from a parent object to the child object when the user clicks the new button.

I have created a URL to update the code.  I put it on a seperate button called update and it works after the record has been created but now I want it to work when a new one is created.

What code do I use to override the next step of selecting the proper record type? 

I want the user to still select the record type then when they get to the edit screen have the fields populated.
  • February 05, 2008
Hi all,

I am trying to create a custom field that contains the order of an item in the list. For example, I created a custom object called "Request." I would like to have a field that indicates the ranked order of the requests. The ranking is from 1 to however many requests there are.

I would then like to be able to change the order of the requests. So if I change ranking of a request from 10 to 5, that request should take the #5 spot, and the original 5-9 items will be shifted down.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks
  • March 20, 2007

When any user other than an administrator attempts to run a custom report the following error message appears.

"Report Obsolete

This report can no longer be edited or run. Your administrator has disabled all reports for the custom object, or its relationships have changed."

While logged in as the system adminstrator i am able to run the report, but when i log in as a Standard user and try to run the same custom report i get the message above.

Is there anyway to allow the Standard user permission to run custom reports?

• August 02, 2005