• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I just noticed that any reports that include Issues records give me an Obsolete Report error. Any ideas why this is happening?

I am trying to log a call for the agent at the end of my script, but the Comment field does not appear to be available to assign a value to. Is this by design or is it a bug? I really hate having to create a custom comment field just for the script.

How would I append my Flow variable 'CaseId' to the url field in the Output element? 'CaseId' is populated during a dynamic choice, and I want the users to be able to view the case in Salesforce rather than bringing all of the data into the Flow.

I dont see that there is a way to set defaults for fonts in Designer. Manually changing everything is time consuming, so if anyone has any suggestions I would be indebted.

How do I in effect click the 'Submit for Approval' button on a case from a script?

It requires an input, and it will only return a list of matching records with 1 column, and no option if the records you searched for arent what the user is looking for. Is there some functionality with this that is missing? Documentation - pfft!

Where's the best place to find and discuss Flow issues? Does anyone have Flow/Firefly/Visual Workflow/Business Process Management/(whatever other names its been called) information or links to documentation? The stuff that is available seems to be extremely limited and fairly useless after about 2 hours.

Hi,

I am new to Visaul workflows, I am trying to populate values when user clicked finish button to URL.

Can any one help on this ?

• September 10, 2013

Dear All,

I want to delete the user (means inactivate him) based on some criteria.For that i will schedule a class which runs daily and if my criteria is met i will delete the user.

Now the problem is if the user  whom i am going to delete a manager for some set of users how to handle those user deletions since i am getting exception <Cannot inactivate user that is the value of a hierarchy field: Account Request Approver.>

Please help out...

There is governor limit of 50 workflow per object and I am about to reach the limit for the Account object.

Atleast 30 workflow are similar in nature and in them only one condition changes which is value of country field (and hence E-mail alerts to the users/groups).

Please suggest any solution by which I can club most of these workflow(if not all).

Please let me know if any further information is required.

Thanks,

Rumit

• December 11, 2012

I have a critical update-generate correctly escaped markup. However I am not sure if my organization contain pages or components that depend on this incorrect processing.  How would I know which pages to be fixed? I am not aware of any issues? Should I activate this update?

Prior to the Winter ’13 release, text in some Visualforce pages and components might have been generated incorrectly. This markup could contain fragments that should have been escaped (for example, the "<" character generated as "&lt;") but were not. These fragments might be interpreted by the browser as markup rather than as text in the page. This problem has been corrected for all pages with API version 26.0 or later.
Your organization might contain pages or components that depend on this incorrect processing. These pages need to be fixed. To fix them, you will generally need to use <apex:outputText> with the attribute escape="false" to cause the text to be generated unescaped, as it was previously.
If your page contains either:
·         <apex:outputText value="{!something}"/>, or
·         A free-standing expression {!something}
And you’re expecting the string returned by the controller for {!something} to be treated as markup, rather than displayed in the page, then this page needs to be changed.
·         For the first case, you need simply set the escape attribute to false, <apex:outputText value="{!something}" escape="false"/>.
·         For the second case, you need to modify the expression to be output using <apex:outputText> as with the first case:
<apex:outputText value="{!something}" escape="false"/>
When you have fixed any affected pages, you should activate this Critical Update.

Hi Guys,

I am trying to write a validation rule for number field in Visual workflow want to check entered number validated for (13,2) pattern. No number more than 13 digits before decimal Or more than 2 digits after decimal should not be accepted.

As there are limitations  for writing validation rule in flow.

All Inputs are appreciated.

Thanks
Aditya Jamwal
IBM

Hello,

is there some way how to get information about logged user which used my flow? I didn´t find any global (system) constraint for it. Standard API varible {!$User.Name} doesn´t work in a flow.

thank you

Martin

Hi i am new to VWF.

How can we display picklist values on screen input fields using dropdown list. I don't want to add them in flow instead i want to retrieve and display from object directly?

for ex:

i have 2 fields Account Name and Account Type.

when user reach this screen he should enter name and select a picklist value from type. and these values should come automatically from Standard Account Type.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I am new to visual flow and thought of using flows instead of visual force wizard.

My requirement is:-

I have a detail custom object "partners" to opportunity(master) and users generally create partners from this related list on opportunity. I want to override the create partner button using a flow.

Steps or screens i want when user click on create partners are:-

1>search the partners from Account (filter condition: type=partner) like a filter based lookup field and click next.Please note that there are around 2000 partner accounts.

2>couple of checkbox fields of partner object as radio button and click next

3>text and picklist fields of partner object and click next.

4>this screen opens the partner record in edit mode with fields populated from values entered in previous 3 screens.Here the user wants to add some more details and save the partner record.

Please let me know if my requirment is feasible and let me know the approach if it possible. Thanks in advance.

Hello guys;

Can you tell me how do i go about creating a task and assigning it to users based on user selection

Im using the Desktop Designer 

Any Idea suggestions would do.

Thank you in Advance.

Is there a way to get a dynamic choice to show ALL values that are possible in a picklist without having to have a record with each value or manually creating each choice every time a new picklist value is added?

CASE:

1) Flow_Picklist__c: Values= Good, Bad, Ugly

2) 1 Record with the Flow Picklist filled in with Good.

3) The Dynamic Choice only brings back Good, not bad and/or ugly.

4) I create each of those three picklist values as an individual choice.

5) I add a value to the picklist field

6) that value does not show up in the dynamic choice so I have to manually make that value a choice.

7) repeat steps 5 and 6 over and over again.

Is there a way to not have to do steps 4-7 and make step 3 add all choices?

• June 19, 2012

I have a flow, it's launched using a button on the Account form. I passed the ID successfully, the flow works as expected. At the end of the flow process I simply want to return to the Account screen where it started. Seems easy enough but I've exhausted my limited knowledge. 

I'm thinking i will need to implement a process.plugin class but I can't figure out how to redirect the page and termintate the flow. 

An example or hints would be much appreciated..

Thanks

• June 04, 2012

I'm using Flow Designer to model my process and need to compare two text fields to be sure they are the same ("Email Address", "Confirm Email Address". The validation feature in the cloud version makes this very easy, but I can't figure out how to do it in Flow Designer. Is an Apex plug-in the only option?

Hi All,

Our company provides support to another company that requires us to close work orders out with them at the end of each day, if we were able to resolve their issue over the phone.  We currently call these work order closeouts in to the company, but they would now like us to email them in. 

I know that I could put a check box or workflow that sends a single email to to them every time the criteria is met (resolved over the phone = yes and status = closed, etc), but they want a single email at the end of each day with a list of these work orders, not multiple emails.

Does anyone do anything similar?  How did you implement it?  I'm familiar with validation rules, formulas, workflow rules, email templates, etc, etc, but I am not good with advanced programming.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Mike

It requires an input, and it will only return a list of matching records with 1 column, and no option if the records you searched for arent what the user is looking for. Is there some functionality with this that is missing? Documentation - pfft!

Where's the best place to find and discuss Flow issues? Does anyone have Flow/Firefly/Visual Workflow/Business Process Management/(whatever other names its been called) information or links to documentation? The stuff that is available seems to be extremely limited and fairly useless after about 2 hours.

On the Lead object we capture more than one name - e.g. admission application submitted from Web 2 Lead includes student and parent.  I'm looking for a way to create a contact for each name on the lead record.

One approach would be to reconstruct the Lead Conversion process.  But I think it would be simpler/ acceptable to have an in-line s-control placed on the Leads page (next to the second name) that would use fields on the record to create a new Contact.  Of course, it would need to first check for existing Contacts and prompt user if found.

Has anyone done/ seen a solution like this?

-Thanks!
I need to have a lookup field on Activity /event page, as of now this functionality is not available.   can anybody suggest an alternative  to tag an ID for contact that I select on event?  each contact can have multiple ID's  and there are several contacts for each account.   I can't use picklist for contact Id because the total unique Id's  are more than 10,000.

A custom lookup field would have solved my problem...

I appreciate your input...

• December 02, 2006

Hi i am new to VWF.

How can we display picklist values on screen input fields using dropdown list. I don't want to add them in flow instead i want to retrieve and display from object directly?

for ex:

i have 2 fields Account Name and Account Type.

when user reach this screen he should enter name and select a picklist value from type. and these values should come automatically from Standard Account Type.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Seems like Ideas would be one of the best things for Chatter, yet it's not available. Is this possible? Also, why can't I create Email Templates using fields from Ideas?