• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm looking for advice on how to track when payments are due for revenue schedules.  I was thinking of creating a workflow rule that alerted our bookkeeper when a payment is due to us but found that you can't write a rule for scheduels.  How would you track when a customer owes you money according to a schedule?  I'd like to have an email alert if possible (not just a report we have to manually run). 

I want to exclude certain opportunity products from a roll up summary field on the opportunity object.  I created a checkbox on the product object but when I try to filter that out from the roll up summary, it doesn't appear as an option.  Are custom fields not allowed on roll up summary field filters?  If not, how can I exclude certain products from the calculation?

I'm trying to write a validation rule that would make "Date" on Opportunity product required if that product has a revenue schedule.  Nothing I've tried has worked so far.  Any ideas?

I've been trying::

AND((HasRevenueSchedule ),
ISBLANK (ServiceDate ))

No syntax errors but the rule won't trigger when I add products to the opportunity and don't fill in the date.

In order for salesforce to salesforce to work, does the SF record my conneciton is using have to have all the fields identical to mine on their record?  Or, will SF automatically replicate my record with all of it's custom fields in their SF instance?
  • March 29, 2010
I have approval processes that go both ways between internal users and our partners.  What I want is people within our partner's organization to be CC'd on approval process templates but they don't have partner portal licenses.  I thought about creating a formula field that would populate an email field from a secondary contact email field on the user object  and then pulling that into the approval process, but there's a problem.  It would only work when the user is the partner, not when we're sending something to the partner to approve.  Any ideas?  I'd love it if it could populate from "owner" rather than user but I don't think that's possible.
  • March 18, 2010
Does anyone know if there is a way to pull data from multiple standard and custom objects into a quote with merge fields?  It doesn't have to be the out of the box quote system from Salesforce.  I'm open to creative workarounds or apps if anyone knows some that would accomplish this.
  • March 17, 2010
Does anyone know if it's possible to display an image on the edit page of a record?  I made a formula field to display and image but it only displays on the Detail page and I want it to display on the edit page as well.
  • March 15, 2010
I have a picklist and when certain vaalues are selected, I would like to make it so that a group of check boxes can't be checked.  I have been trying with CASE and AND but am not having any luck.  Could anyone post a sample validation rule of how this might be doen?
  • March 05, 2010

I want to exclude certain opportunity products from a roll up summary field on the opportunity object.  I created a checkbox on the product object but when I try to filter that out from the roll up summary, it doesn't appear as an option.  Are custom fields not allowed on roll up summary field filters?  If not, how can I exclude certain products from the calculation?

I'm trying to write a validation rule that would make "Date" on Opportunity product required if that product has a revenue schedule.  Nothing I've tried has worked so far.  Any ideas?

I've been trying::

AND((HasRevenueSchedule ),
ISBLANK (ServiceDate ))

No syntax errors but the rule won't trigger when I add products to the opportunity and don't fill in the date.

I have a picklist and when certain vaalues are selected, I would like to make it so that a group of check boxes can't be checked.  I have been trying with CASE and AND but am not having any luck.  Could anyone post a sample validation rule of how this might be doen?
  • March 05, 2010

Hello,

I am using the Salesforce simple quote app to create sales quotes.  I am trying to display the user info (Name, Phone, Email etc) instead of the Organization info that currently displays.  I believe I need to update the code snippet shown, but I am not sure how.  I tried simply replacing "organization" with "User" but that did not work. 

Thanks for any help,

Kevin

<apex:panelGrid columns="1" styleClass="companyTable" width="100%"> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Name}" styleClass="companyName"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Street}"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.City}, {!$Organization.State} {!$Organization.PostalCode}"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Phone}"/>

• March 02, 2010