• 24 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Trying to create a field update to pull data from a Picklist field from the Product2 object to a text field on the opportunity product object.  Have tried various things like single quotes vs. double quotes, and && or ||  not sure what else to try here.

Keep getting various syntax errors...

IF(ISPICKVAL(Product2.Family,"SNS Surveyor"),'SNS Surveyor’  ||

IF(ISPICKVAL(Product2.Family,"SNS Event Monitoring"),'SNS Event Monitoring'  ||

IF(ISPICKVAL(Product2.Family,"SNS Services"),'SNS Services', "")))

Error: Syntax error. Missing '

I have a multi-select picklist on the Account Object.  We want to see(reference) that field on the Opportunity object. 

Is there a workaround to do this since the multi-select can't be used in a formula field?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

I am trying to do more than one substitution in a field update formula and am having difficulty getting it correct.   This is what I have:

OR(Contains(Name ,'Duplicate -'), SUBSTITUTE(Name,"Duplicate -"),

(Contains(Name ,' - Duplicate'), SUBSTITUTE(Name," - Duplicate"),"")))

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Heres the scoop....  I need to have a field autopopulate with data that will be coming from two different objects, either one or the other based on record type.

Here is what I have, but the '||', or "OR" is not working as I had hoped.  Any suggestions??

IF( RecordTypeId ='012M00000008bcI', Chaney_Account__r.Customer_Number__c,"") ||
IF(RecordTypeId ='012M00000008bcD',PW_Account__r.BPCS_Customer_Number__c,"")

Not sure if this is even possible.  Is there a way to force entered data to change according to a rule or setting without making the user go back and make a change?  For instance:  User enters account name as 'St. Mary's Med Ctr of Chicago' upon insert the account name would automatically change to read 'Saint Mary's Medical Center of Chicago'.

This kind of haphazard abbreviations are causing so many duplicates.

I am trying to build a field update to update one field if two other custom fields match.  How can I write the formula to check if those two custom fields are equal?  Thanks in advance for any help!!

The first time I used connector (Office 2007) it worked fine.  Now it won't work at all and I am getting this error message:

Cannot run the macro"c:\docume~1\dgarlock\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$DI00.813\sforce_connect.xla'!sDescribeAndQuery'  The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros by be disabled.

I have enabled all macros and the file is in this location.  Not sure what else to do.

Trying to create a field update to pull data from a Picklist field from the Product2 object to a text field on the opportunity product object.  Have tried various things like single quotes vs. double quotes, and && or ||  not sure what else to try here.

Keep getting various syntax errors...

IF(ISPICKVAL(Product2.Family,"SNS Surveyor"),'SNS Surveyor’  ||

IF(ISPICKVAL(Product2.Family,"SNS Event Monitoring"),'SNS Event Monitoring'  ||

IF(ISPICKVAL(Product2.Family,"SNS Services"),'SNS Services', "")))

Error: Syntax error. Missing '

I have a multi-select picklist on the Account Object.  We want to see(reference) that field on the Opportunity object. 

Is there a workaround to do this since the multi-select can't be used in a formula field?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

I am trying to do more than one substitution in a field update formula and am having difficulty getting it correct.   This is what I have:

OR(Contains(Name ,'Duplicate -'), SUBSTITUTE(Name,"Duplicate -"),

(Contains(Name ,' - Duplicate'), SUBSTITUTE(Name," - Duplicate"),"")))

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Not sure if this is even possible.  Is there a way to force entered data to change according to a rule or setting without making the user go back and make a change?  For instance:  User enters account name as 'St. Mary's Med Ctr of Chicago' upon insert the account name would automatically change to read 'Saint Mary's Medical Center of Chicago'.

This kind of haphazard abbreviations are causing so many duplicates.

I am trying to build a field update to update one field if two other custom fields match.  How can I write the formula to check if those two custom fields are equal?  Thanks in advance for any help!!