• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm working through the Force.com tutorials and i'm tutorial 7 and everything has worked fine so far but on this tutorial i can't get the data table to populate. Can anybody help me out or point me in the right direction? Thanks

<apex:page standardStylesheets="false" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardController="Merchandise__c" recordSetVar="products">

<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles, 'styles.css')}" />

<h1>Inventory Count Sheet</h1>
<apex:form >
   <apex:dataTable value="{!products}" var="pitem" rowClasses="odd,even">
   <apex:column headerValue="Product">
      <apex:outputText value="{!pitem.name}"/>
   </apex:column>
   <apex:column headerValue="Inventory">
   <apex:outputField value="{!pitem.Total_Inventory__c}"/>
   <apex:column headerValue="Physical Count">
   <apex:inputField value="{!pitem.Total_Inventory__c}"/>
</apex:dataTable>

<br/>
<apex:commandButton action="{!quicksave}"  value="Update Counts" />

<apex:commandLink action="{!next}" value="Next" rendered="{!hasNext}" />

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

Hello,

I am trying to create an auto populated field on a custom object page layout.  The field I am attempting to auto populate is called "opportunity owner" in a custom object from the opportunity page.  I spoke to SFDC support who directed me to this page for a formula to create this automated field.

Is there a solution for this?

Thank you,

Yrma

• August 10, 2010

I'm working through the Force.com tutorials and i'm tutorial 7 and everything has worked fine so far but on this tutorial i can't get the data table to populate. Can anybody help me out or point me in the right direction? Thanks

<apex:page standardStylesheets="false" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardController="Merchandise__c" recordSetVar="products">

<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.Styles, 'styles.css')}" />

<h1>Inventory Count Sheet</h1>
<apex:form >
   <apex:dataTable value="{!products}" var="pitem" rowClasses="odd,even">
   <apex:column headerValue="Product">
      <apex:outputText value="{!pitem.name}"/>
   <apex:column headerValue="Inventory">
   <apex:outputField value="{!pitem.Total_Inventory__c}"/>
   <apex:column headerValue="Physical Count">
   <apex:inputField value="{!pitem.Total_Inventory__c}"/>
</apex:dataTable>

<br/>
<apex:commandButton action="{!quicksave}"  value="Update Counts" />

<apex:commandLink action="{!next}" value="Next" rendered="{!hasNext}" />

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

Hi,

I am trying to make a web service call by exposing Enterprise WSDL API Version 19.0.  I am trying to map "Person Account" standard obect to the custom object "Order" on custom feild "Customer" using a lookup on Account object. I am upserting a customer recored and corresponding order details. But when I make a SOAP call I get th efollowing error "Cannot specify both an external ID reference Customer__r ( lookup with Account) and a salesforce id, Customer__c (ID)" 

I dont know if I am reffering to the correct feild as I dont see any other relation in Salesforce. Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

• August 06, 2010

Hi all,

I  am new to sales force so any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

I created a Site inside sales force within my developer account. And I have a controller and a page w/ few contact fields like first name last name etc.

I access the site w/ the Preview url of the page and it works fine. It creates a contact w/ the first name and last name. But when I try to access the site w/ the default web address or the secure web address, it stops working. It doesn't create a contact and it doesn't throw any errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

DJ

Hi , 

Can We Migrate SQL Database tables to Cloud Salesforce Database to Objects?

If  Yes , How to Migrate ?.

If No , Why We Cant Do that?

Thanx In Advance , Waiting for your all replys

Hi

Is there any alternative for outer joins in  SOQL?

thanks

Hi,

As part of exploring the salesforce.com and its powerful services, i have tried to develop an app.

The App that striked me was, Expense Managment( where Bills and Payments are shared among college friends, roommates).

In this process, i have developed custom objects(not many though) and custom fields.I need some help in designing the database and then going ahead with further additions to the model.

Now, what i am trying to achieve is:

1) Develop an app that would help manage expenses.

Example: Assume there are 4 people as part of a group and want ot manage their expenses on a monthly basis.People would then add their bills/reciepts as per their spending.

Now, it has to do a Math calculation and show who owes how much to who.

As part of this i have created 2 custom objects called "Expenses" and "Receipts". They have a master-detail relationship between them.Expenses is Master object and Receipts is a detail object.

To now show the split up calculation, i am using Visualforce.I want to create it as a PDF with a Button click.

Now on Expenses Object i have a Button called " Split & Calculate", when clicked should then perform the math and display who owes how much to who.

I am not quite sure how to do that, but just have a vision that it can be done this way. Can any one help me with any ideas or any other way we could achieve this altogther.

Also, any other ideas to this are always welcome!

There aren't any business rules, process or procedures to be followed.

Thanks ,

Sales4ce

I have installed the Apex plugin for eclipse.
Everything was fine BUT for some reason I can't start writing a new project.

When I am trying to open a new project i get a window asking for user name, password, and security token.
Well user name and password i guess were fine but security token...
I have received a security token to my mail account than i copy & pasted it on the security account textbox
but still i get an error message "one of the entered details are wrong".
What I am missing?

Thanks!

• May 29, 2010

I start with the requisite... "I'm not a developer but have been doing this long enough that with a little help I can probably get it done..." disclaimer!

I'm am trying to create a process which I think should be a fairly straightforward (see disclaimer above!)

Here is what I want to do: Create a solution where the user can submit a customer PO to our Order entry people via email with an attachment.  without going into too much detail this is how we currently submit PO's but it's done via email and outside of SFdc and so we lose visibility when something books and thus should be decremented from the Forecast...

So ideally when the user goes into an Opportunity and marks the Stage as 'Booked' they are presented with a form that gives them some basic information... "Please attach your customer PO and send to PO Approval desk..."

The user then fills out the form (Ship Date, Contact info, Ship to, etc.) and attaches the document (e-fax) and hits send and an email is then sent to a predetermined email address in the company.

I'm thinking that this can either be done with a workflow rule that triggers off of a change to the Stage field ('Booked') and I know how to do this, but my only choices are to send an email alert, create a Task, or do a Field update.... OR with a Button on the Opportunity (like "Send PO") which then marks the Opportunity as Booked... Pops up a window/form, etc. and so on.  I don't know Java so it seems like creating a Visual Force Page would be the only other option.

Anyway, if any of you kind souls have some feedback, help, suggestions, code samples, etc.  it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mike