• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Any other developers/users out there experiencing this same issue?

Example:

I ask another user to create a new Address (it is our custom object).

The Address is added immediately to the database and can be found by running a SOQL query.

When a user searches for the address against the indexed fields they are returned with no results (there is a 25 minute delay before the search works).

On editing the page the inputField has the data loaded into it, as expected.  Then I have a button that when clicked goes to the controller and generates a new value which replaces what was previously loaded in the inputfield, this also works as expected.

My problem is that if a user changes the inputField after the first time the inputField is updated then the 2nd time they click the button it does not update the inputField again.

Here is my code:

In my VF Page (simplified):

<apex:outputText value="{!object1.L_Code__c}" rendered="false"/>

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
<apex:outputLabel for="LCode" value="{!$Label.LCode}"/>
<apex:outputPanel id="outPanel">
<apex:inputField value="{!object1.L_Code__c}" id="LCode"/>
<apex:commandButton action="{!suggestANumber}" value="Generate" id="generateLB" rerender="outPanel,LCode" />
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:pageblockSectionItem>

In my Class (simplified):

string suggestedNum;

/* getObject1 returns the current object */
public Test__c getObject1(){
if (objectExt == null){
return new Test__c();
}
if(suggestedLocCode != null){
this.ObjectExt.L_Code__c = suggestedNum;
}
return ObjectExt;
}

public void SuggestLocCode(){
suggestedNum = '5';
}

• March 04, 2010

So, I am excited for Force supporting Eclipse 3.5 but I haven't heard anything about it since it was announced as part of the Spring 2010 release.

Anyone have any news on Salesforce's official release date?  Also, is there a page that goes over the details of what new features will be supported?  I heard rumors of being able to copy from the SOQL results.. that would be very nice!

Thank you. 

• February 23, 2010

Step 1: I have my page setup to <apex:pageMessages escape="true"/>

Step 2:  I have my adderror() setup and happily sending text from my trigger to my VF page and displaying it as a error (text).

Anyone know how to add html or javascript to my error?

Hint from the reference documents:

pageMessages (the component)

This component displays all messages that were generated for all components on the current page, presented using the Salesforce styling.

escape (the attribute)

A Boolean value that specifies whether sensitive HTML and XML characters should be escaped in the HTML output generated by this component. If you do not specify escape="false", the character escape sequence displays as written. Be aware that setting this value to "false" may be a security risk because it allows arbitrary content, including JavaScript, that could be used in a malicious manner.

• February 18, 2010

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem id="test" helpText="testt"> <apex:outputLabel for="test" value="{!$Label.label1}"/> <apex:inputField value="{!Object1__c.field1__c}" id="test"/> <apex:inputField value="{!controllermethod1.field1__c}" id="test"/> </apex:pageblockSectionItem>

I am cloning an object and am populating various fields but I cannot seem to get the multipicklist to populate.

• January 27, 2010

Are DateTime fields indexed?  I cannot find any documentation on this.  I need to do a lot of SOQL rules feeding off of DateTime fields :(

• January 26, 2010

Hi all,

You are gonna like this one!

I am getting an error on Eclipse 3.4.2 that restricts me to save, synchronize and/or deploy my project. It reads:

"Unable to fetch and save Force.com components to project:

The changes you requested require salesforce.com to temporarily lock your organization's administration setup. However, the administration setup has already been locked by another change. Please wait for the previous action to finish, then try again later. (ALREADY_IN_PROCESS)"

Has anyone seen this error before? I have wait for 15 minutes (my max waiting capacity :( ), tried to refresh, deploy, save... but this error is not letting me go anywhere.

Suggestions are welcome

Alex

• February 16, 2010