• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to add a "New" button to the detailed page in "Accounts". If it is how would I go about adding this button?

Thanks,

Lee

• April 18, 2011

Hello,

Does anyone know off any good developers in visual force/apex as we would like to add a couple of things to salesforce? If you do could you please send me PM.

Thanks,

Lee

• March 01, 2011

Hello,

I am new to building SOQL querys so I would like to ask a coupe of questions:

1. I have downloaded Apex Explorer 8, am I able to create and deply my SOQL querys from here?

2. I have created the SOQL code which should use 2 look fields, depending on the account (store #) enter in one, the parent account name of the store should be displayed in the other lookup field

Account.Account.Name from Account where Account.SoteNumber != null

Thanks in advance,

Lee

• February 08, 2011

Hello,

I have 3 related lookup filters with a Hierarchy off:

StoreName - (Parent Account)

- Contractor - (Child accont of StoreName)

- Contractor Contact (Contact of child account)

I am trying to create 3 related lookup filters which allows the user to select a store Name, then when they click Contractor lookup only the partent account is visable. When they click on Contractor Contact only the contacts under the child account are visable. So far I have managed to get the Contact related lookup to work with:

Contractor Contact: Account ID    equals     field   ObjectName Contractor

but what ever I use for the Contractor lookup does not display any Store Names....

Contractor: Parent Account: Account ID   equals   field  ObjectName: StoreName

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Lee

• February 03, 2011

Hello,

We have 4 sales staff who need their own auto number. Every time one of them creates a case I need a unique number generated.  I cannot use just one auto number field as it is possible that each member has the same auto number (The unique field will be added in front of the generated number i.e.).

Bob - T10 - (Autonumber) 0000

Fred - T20 - (autonumber) 0000

I have tried using different record types but every new case I create updated all the auto number fields. I was thinking about using workflows but I cannot figure out a way to get the number to increment correctly, as it resets its self with every new record.

Has anyone come across this problem before? any help would be great!

Thanks,

Lee

• January 31, 2011

Hello, I am trying to use a URL so when I click a custom button it places a tick in a checkbox and text in a text field. It then saves the record. I am trying to use:

https://na6.salesforce.com/{!Opportunity.Id}/e—retURL=​%2F{!Opportunity.Id}&Opportunity.NP_New_Opp__c=1&save=1

Opportunity.NP_New_Opp__c is my checkbox field.

Once I get the Tickbox working I was going to try and add the text. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

• September 29, 2010

Hello,

I am trying to create a formula which will check when a picklist value "Work Scheduled" is chosen that text is rather entered in DES Jobs or EMP Jobs field. unfortunately my formula isn’t working. Does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

AND(
OR(
(Agreement__r.DES_Job__c = ""),
(Agreement__r.EMP_Job_Number__c = "")),
ISPICKVAL( Job_Status__c ,"Work Scheduled")
)

Thanks in advance,

• September 20, 2010

Hello,

I am looking at updating a field on the Contracts object based on a Picklist value in a different object which I created called Jobs. I have tried looking in workflow / field update but I can not see any reference to anything except the Job's object fields. Is there a way to link these two different objects?

I have tried using cross object formula's but they dont seem to be working:

ISPICKVAL( Job_Number__r.Job_Status__c , "Invoiced")

Thanks,

Lee

• September 10, 2010

Hello,

I am looking at updating a field on the Contracts object based on a Picklist value in a different object which I created called Jobs. I have tried looking in workflow / field update but I can not see any reference to anything except the Job's object fields. Is there a way to link these two different objects?

Thanks,

Lee

• September 09, 2010

Hello, we are looking at getting our developer to write a little program to somehow connect to sales force and pull information which is normally displayed in a report. The reason we are doing this is to get data to automatically refresh and if for some reason the connection to SF drops the information will still be displayed. My question is what is the best way to make an external connection to SF? Is it possible to run SQL queries or connect using web services? Any information I could pass on to our developer would be great!

Many Thanks,

Lee

• July 19, 2010

Hello,

Does anyone know any apps which will allow me to view reports which automatically update? I would like to hook them up to a display monitor and get the reports to constantly update so everyone can see any new leads ect... enetered?

Thanks,

• July 16, 2010

Hello,

Does anyone know any apps which will allow me to view reports which automatically update? I would like to hook them up to a display monitor and get the reports to constantly update so everyone can see any new leads ect... enetered?

Thanks,

• June 11, 2010

Hello, I am trying to create a simple survey object in salesforce. When I try set the field name there isnt enough room for my question. Is there anyway to enter longer field names or if I choose a text field have that automatically display the question?

If none of these are possible does anyone have any ideas on how I can get around this?

I know there are apps out there but none are free and as I only need a very simple survey its not worth purchasing them.

Thanks,

• March 31, 2010

Hello, I have two objects called "Jobs" and "Survey". I have a button on the Job's layout that I want to transfer information over to the Survery object when it is clicked.  The first field is a lookup field which shows the account name, the second field is called "Job Number". Does anyone know what formula I need to transfer the information?

Thanks,

• March 29, 2010

Hello, I have two date fields and I would like to display just the two years seperated by a -

e.g.

Date 1 = 1/1/2010

Date 2 = 2/2/2020

Formula Displays = "2010 - 2020"

Thanks in advance

• March 03, 2010

Hello, Could someone please help me with this formula:

IF(
         AND ( Stage_Duration__c  > 1,
IF(ISPICKVAL( Job_Status__c , "Work to be Scheduled"), "-= OVER DUE =-"

I have two fields "Stage Duration" and "Job Status" I want the "Over due" message to appear when Stage duration is >1 and Job_Status = Work to be Scheduled.

Thanks in advance.

• February 25, 2010
Hello, Would anyone know if it’s possible when running a report to have it highlight a line when it meets a certain criteria? The "Highlight" function does not work as its only available when you sum, add ect.. the entire Colum’s value. Thanks,

• February 24, 2010

Hello, Is it possible to add an address field like the pre-defined ones? If not how are you creating additional address fields?

Thanks,

Lee

• February 04, 2010

Hello all,

Is it possible to have a picklist with say A, B, C, D values. The first time a user edits the record the picklist displays value A & B, If the user changes the value to B and edits the record they can now see B, C. Again once the user edits the record and changes the value to C, they can now see C and D.......

Does anyone know if this is possible and how I would go about setting this up?

Thanks,

Lee

• January 27, 2010

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to add a "New" button to the detailed page in "Accounts". If it is how would I go about adding this button?

Thanks,

Lee

• April 18, 2011

Hello,

We have 4 sales staff who need their own auto number. Every time one of them creates a case I need a unique number generated.  I cannot use just one auto number field as it is possible that each member has the same auto number (The unique field will be added in front of the generated number i.e.).

Bob - T10 - (Autonumber) 0000

Fred - T20 - (autonumber) 0000

I have tried using different record types but every new case I create updated all the auto number fields. I was thinking about using workflows but I cannot figure out a way to get the number to increment correctly, as it resets its self with every new record.

Has anyone come across this problem before? any help would be great!

Thanks,

Lee

• January 31, 2011

Hello, I am trying to use a URL so when I click a custom button it places a tick in a checkbox and text in a text field. It then saves the record. I am trying to use:

https://na6.salesforce.com/{!Opportunity.Id}/e—retURL=​%2F{!Opportunity.Id}&Opportunity.NP_New_Opp__c=1&save=1

Opportunity.NP_New_Opp__c is my checkbox field.

Once I get the Tickbox working I was going to try and add the text. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

• September 29, 2010

Hello,

I am trying to create a formula which will check when a picklist value "Work Scheduled" is chosen that text is rather entered in DES Jobs or EMP Jobs field. unfortunately my formula isn’t working. Does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

AND(
OR(
(Agreement__r.DES_Job__c = ""),
(Agreement__r.EMP_Job_Number__c = "")),
ISPICKVAL( Job_Status__c ,"Work Scheduled")
)

Thanks in advance,

• September 20, 2010

Hello,

I am looking at updating a field on the Contracts object based on a Picklist value in a different object which I created called Jobs. I have tried looking in workflow / field update but I can not see any reference to anything except the Job's object fields. Is there a way to link these two different objects?

I have tried using cross object formula's but they dont seem to be working:

ISPICKVAL( Job_Number__r.Job_Status__c , "Invoiced")

Thanks,

Lee

• September 10, 2010

Hello,

I am looking at updating a field on the Contracts object based on a Picklist value in a different object which I created called Jobs. I have tried looking in workflow / field update but I can not see any reference to anything except the Job's object fields. Is there a way to link these two different objects?

Thanks,

Lee

• September 09, 2010

Hello,

Thanks,

• June 11, 2010

Hello, I am trying to create a simple survey object in salesforce. When I try set the field name there isnt enough room for my question. Is there anyway to enter longer field names or if I choose a text field have that automatically display the question?

If none of these are possible does anyone have any ideas on how I can get around this?

I know there are apps out there but none are free and as I only need a very simple survey its not worth purchasing them.

Thanks,

• March 31, 2010

Hello, I have two objects called "Jobs" and "Survey". I have a button on the Job's layout that I want to transfer information over to the Survery object when it is clicked.  The first field is a lookup field which shows the account name, the second field is called "Job Number". Does anyone know what formula I need to transfer the information?

Thanks,

• March 29, 2010

Hello, I have two date fields and I would like to display just the two years seperated by a -

e.g.

Date 1 = 1/1/2010

Date 2 = 2/2/2020

Formula Displays = "2010 - 2020"

Thanks in advance

• March 03, 2010

Hello, Could someone please help me with this formula:

IF(
         AND ( Stage_Duration__c  > 1,
IF(ISPICKVAL( Job_Status__c , "Work to be Scheduled"), "-= OVER DUE =-"

I have two fields "Stage Duration" and "Job Status" I want the "Over due" message to appear when Stage duration is >1 and Job_Status = Work to be Scheduled.

Thanks in advance.

• February 25, 2010