• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

Hope you are all well?

I have a public site with VF and a Apex class behind (no logic in required). The site works perfectly fine if it is used by users from any part of the world. But everytime the site is access by users from Germany and everytime they click on a button that calls for the class, the system shows "Authorization required message". 

I am a bit puzzled as the page works perfectly fine for everyone else. Please advise.

Thanks

• March 05, 2012

Hi all,

Hope you are all well. I have an encrypted field as password field and problem validating user's input in the query. Can anyone give me a pointer or what I should be doing before I compare user's entry with the value in the encrypted field.

I can think of decripting the value but would like to get a concrete direction from someone who has done it before please.

Thanks

• February 01, 2012

Happy New Year all!

We have a few Enterprice Liencse but the storage for all the records (Activities) created from other Enterprice accounts are accumulating towards the admin's account. Is it normal?

In a month time we have already used up the 1G allocated storage space for the admin account. Apart from downloading the data export and delete odd records here and there, what else can we do to manage the storage better?

Is there a way so that storage spaces can be splitted between the Enterprice users?

Thanks

• January 09, 2012

Hi all!

Hope you are all well. I am just wondering if there is a feature which would enable Picklist value to be auto complete (prediction)? So when you have quite a long list and when a first character is typed, the focus will take to you the corresponding character, however! when a second character is typed, it takes the user to totally different value. 

Is there a  picklist feature which keeps the focus on a value as you type?

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks

• August 03, 2011

Hi all,

Hope you are all well. I have a requirements to share/restrict opportunities between partner portal users and I am not sure how I can go about achieving this.

Basically I have two sets of partner portal users. One should be able to create/edit opportunities and view any opportunities regardless of who own it.

Another set of partners should only view & edit a set of opportunities related to a particular product.So if they are not selling a particular, they shouldn't see any opportunities that is not related that product regardless who created/own an opportunity.

What would be the best way to go about and achieve this?

Thanks

Hi all,

I have portal accounts on production org but I don't seem to be able to use a portal account on the sandbox area for me to test the system.

Is there a reason for that and how can I get around to that?

Thanks

Hi there,

All of a sudden, I can no longer create/save records on my Sandbox account - I am on admin profile. I have tried on both SF interface and on the data loader too.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Thanks

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

To make the Lead Lifetime Report to work properly CONVERTEDOPPORTUNITYID values need to be updated at the time of Lead to Account conversion process by creating an opportunity.

If we decide to create an opportunity for a particular account later on, that particular opportunity information wouldn't come up on the Lead Lifetime report.

I tried dataloader but CONVERTEDOPPORTUNITYID value isn't  available in the data loader.

I am just wondering if there is a way to upsert the opportunity id into the CONVERTEDOPPORTUNITYID field of a relevant Lead record so that Lead Lifetime report works well for us.

Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

• March 30, 2011

Hi all,

I have a custom HR_Job__c object. On which I have Application_Status__c picklist field. Everytime a value is changed, I would like to create a task on the related filed with task subject being the updated value from the Application_Status__c pick list.

I know it can be done through a trigger but I am not sure how I can go about implementing this.

If someone can point me to the right direction, i would be very thankful.

Many thanks!

Tim

• March 22, 2011

Hi all,

Hope you all are well.

I have a custom object called Members with master details relationship linked to Opportunity object. How could I create a query so that it displays all the Members of a current object on the visual force page?

Sorry, I know it is probably a lame question but quite like to know how it is done.

Thanks,

I know how to create a class and visual force page but don't know who to create a query for above propose.

• February 25, 2011

Hi all,

Hope you all are well.

I am just wondering if it is technically possible to transfer to data (name, email & phone no) from a form on our website (built using .aspx) onto a form on our SF site page.

The idea is when a client fills out the name, email & phone no on our enquiry form (.aspx) when then they submit that details our Salesforce Site form comes up with the same details fill up automatically in the relevant fields. 

Is it possible to achieve? If so, could someone let me know how it can be achieved?

Many thanks

• January 27, 2011

Hi all,

I have Google Ads Campaign running and all the leads generated from that campaigns are being tagged as 

Google Organic instead of Google Adwords.

I have run the test your website utility and it shows no error.

Below is some lines of code from my form.

<form name="email_us" action="https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST" onsubmit="return send();">
<input type="hidden" name="oid" value="00D30000000jHpo">        

<form name="email_us" action="https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST" onsubmit="return send();">
<input type="hidden" name="oid" value="XXX">        

<input type="hidden" name="sfga" value="XXX"/>

---

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks,

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

I have a formula field which retries a figure from a look up object -
Price__r.Children_Price__c .

On the Children_Price__c of Price__r object, the actual figure comes out as £69.12 but on the formula field that I have the figure is only coming out as £69.00. How do I make sure so that the formula field doesn't round up the figures please?

Thanks,

Hi,

I would like the data in the first line of the address field to look like 

10 Downing Street.

Is there a way to capitalise the initials using formula?

Many thanks,

Hi all,

I have set up a report which uses SF's built in date parameters to display the result. The report can ,however, only order the result data by one column. Is there a way where I can set up the report so that the data on the report can be order by two , three columns?

Could I only do that by creating a custom visual force page? If that's the case, how can I make sure the page can still have access to SF's built in data parameters?

Many thanks,

Hi all,

I am just wondering if there is a way for Partner Portal User to see the app dropdown list on the top right hand corner of the screen?

I don't want them to see all the taps running crazy. If I can organise them into various apps, it would be much easier for them to view...

Is it a possibility for Portal users?

Many thanks

• April 28, 2010

Hi,

I have a custom object (Members) which has a master details relationship to Opportunity object.

On the Members object I have a custom age field.

Is there a way where I can product a report which would count the number of opportunites where one member age is 6 and another member age is 7.

So it means the opportunity needs to have at least two members. In short I am looking for all the opportunities where it has at least two members who are both 6 and 7 years old respectively.

When I type in age equal to 6,7. The report produces a list where opportunity members' ages are either 6 or 7. Not exactly what I want.

I wonder if someone will be able to help me on this.

Thanks,

• April 07, 2010

kcList = [Select i.CurrencyIsoCode,i.Club_Type__c,i.Minimum_Age__c, i.Maximum_Spaces__c, i.Maximum_Age__c, 
            i.Id, i.Hotel_Club__r.EndDate, i.Hotel_Club__r.Club_Name__c,  
            i.Hotel_Club__r.Closing_Days__c,i.Hotel_Club__r.StartDate,i.Hotel_Club__c ,
            i.Opening_Hours__c,i.Cost__c,i.Age_Range__c
            From Inventory_Product__c i 
            where i.Hotel_Club__r.StartDate <= :sDate 
              and  i.Hotel_Club__r.EndDate >= :sDate
              and i.Hotel_Club__r.AccountId = :hotelSelected
              ];

Hi all,

I don't know much about coding but I have the following query which returns a row. But if there is more than one return it only returns the first row. I am just wondering if there is a way to capture more than one rows into kcList?

Any help would be much appreciated.

kcList = [Select i.CurrencyIsoCode,i.Club_Type__c,i.Id, i.Hotel_Club__r.EndDate, i.Hotel_Club__r.Club_Name__c,              i.Hotel_Club__r.Closing_Days__c,i.Hotel_Club__r.StartDate,i.Hotel_Club__c ,            i.Opening_Hours__c,i.Cost__c,i.Age_Range__c            From Inventory_Product__c i             where i.Hotel_Club__r.StartDate <= :sDate               and  i.Hotel_Club__r.EndDate >= :sDate              and i.Hotel_Club__r.AccountId = :hotelSelected ];

Many thanks

• April 04, 2010

Hi all,

I had followed the below article to create a custom printable page. 

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Visualforce_Extended_Print_Preview

I am just wondering how I can put the Close this page and Print this page links on the page I had created?

Many thanks 

• March 29, 2010
Hi all,

I have a visual page with following code. It works fine but wondered if there is a way I can dictate how the the order in which data are being displayed? At the moment, it is displaying by the order in which it has gone into the system. I would like the data to be displayed by Child Name (Ascd) and by Club Date (ASCD).

Is there a way to minapulate the data display in datatable? 

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" standardStylesheets="true" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" tabStyle="Opportunity">

<apex:datatable cellpadding="4" Cellspacing="1" border="1" style="border-color:black;" var="cx" value="{!Opportunity.Booking_Line_Items__r}">

<apex:column >

<apex:outputText value="{!cx.Child_Name_Text__c}" style="font-size:12px"/>

<apex:facet name="header"><font style="font-size:12px">Name of child</font></apex:facet>

</apex:column>
<apex:outputText value="{0,date,dd/MM/yyyy}" style="font-size:12px">
<apex:param value="{!cx.DOB__c}" />
</apex:outputText> 
<apex:facet name="header"><font style="font-size:12px">Date Of Birth</font></apex:facet>
<apex:param value="{!cx.Club_Date__c}" />
<apex:facet name="header"><font style="font-size:12px">Date(s) Booked In</font></apex:facet>
<apex:outputText value="{!cx.Status__c}" style="font-size:12px"/>
<apex:facet name="header"><font style="font-size:12px">Status</font></apex:facet>
</apex:datatable>

</apex:page>

Many thanks, 
  • March 29, 2010

Hi all,

Hope you are all well?

I have a public site with VF and a Apex class behind (no logic in required). The site works perfectly fine if it is used by users from any part of the world. But everytime the site is access by users from Germany and everytime they click on a button that calls for the class, the system shows "Authorization required message". 

I am a bit puzzled as the page works perfectly fine for everyone else. Please advise.

Thanks

• March 05, 2012

Hi all,

Hope you are all well. I have a requirements to share/restrict opportunities between partner portal users and I am not sure how I can go about achieving this.

Basically I have two sets of partner portal users. One should be able to create/edit opportunities and view any opportunities regardless of who own it.

Another set of partners should only view & edit a set of opportunities related to a particular product.So if they are not selling a particular, they shouldn't see any opportunities that is not related that product regardless who created/own an opportunity.

What would be the best way to go about and achieve this?

Thanks

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

To make the Lead Lifetime Report to work properly CONVERTEDOPPORTUNITYID values need to be updated at the time of Lead to Account conversion process by creating an opportunity.

If we decide to create an opportunity for a particular account later on, that particular opportunity information wouldn't come up on the Lead Lifetime report.

I tried dataloader but CONVERTEDOPPORTUNITYID value isn't  available in the data loader.

I am just wondering if there is a way to upsert the opportunity id into the CONVERTEDOPPORTUNITYID field of a relevant Lead record so that Lead Lifetime report works well for us.

Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

• March 30, 2011

Hi all,

I have a custom HR_Job__c object. On which I have Application_Status__c picklist field. Everytime a value is changed, I would like to create a task on the related filed with task subject being the updated value from the Application_Status__c pick list.

I know it can be done through a trigger but I am not sure how I can go about implementing this.

If someone can point me to the right direction, i would be very thankful.

Many thanks!

Tim

• March 22, 2011

Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

I have a formula field which retries a figure from a look up object -
Price__r.Children_Price__c .

On the Children_Price__c of Price__r object, the actual figure comes out as £69.12 but on the formula field that I have the figure is only coming out as £69.00. How do I make sure so that the formula field doesn't round up the figures please?

Thanks,

Hi,

I would like the data in the first line of the address field to look like 

10 Downing Street.

Is there a way to capitalise the initials using formula?

Many thanks,

kcList = [Select i.CurrencyIsoCode,i.Club_Type__c,i.Minimum_Age__c, i.Maximum_Spaces__c, i.Maximum_Age__c, 
            i.Id, i.Hotel_Club__r.EndDate, i.Hotel_Club__r.Club_Name__c,  
            i.Hotel_Club__r.Closing_Days__c,i.Hotel_Club__r.StartDate,i.Hotel_Club__c ,
            i.Opening_Hours__c,i.Cost__c,i.Age_Range__c
            From Inventory_Product__c i 
            where i.Hotel_Club__r.StartDate <= :sDate 
              and  i.Hotel_Club__r.EndDate >= :sDate
              and i.Hotel_Club__r.AccountId = :hotelSelected
              ];

Hi all,

I don't know much about coding but I have the following query which returns a row. But if there is more than one return it only returns the first row. I am just wondering if there is a way to capture more than one rows into kcList?

Any help would be much appreciated.

kcList = [Select i.CurrencyIsoCode,i.Club_Type__c,i.Id, i.Hotel_Club__r.EndDate, i.Hotel_Club__r.Club_Name__c,              i.Hotel_Club__r.Closing_Days__c,i.Hotel_Club__r.StartDate,i.Hotel_Club__c ,            i.Opening_Hours__c,i.Cost__c,i.Age_Range__c            From Inventory_Product__c i             where i.Hotel_Club__r.StartDate <= :sDate               and  i.Hotel_Club__r.EndDate >= :sDate              and i.Hotel_Club__r.AccountId = :hotelSelected ];

Many thanks

• April 04, 2010

Hi all,

I had followed the below article to create a custom printable page. 

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Visualforce_Extended_Print_Preview

I am just wondering how I can put the Close this page and Print this page links on the page I had created?

Many thanks 

• March 29, 2010
Hi all,

I have a visual page with following code. It works fine but wondered if there is a way I can dictate how the the order in which data are being displayed? At the moment, it is displaying by the order in which it has gone into the system. I would like the data to be displayed by Child Name (Ascd) and by Club Date (ASCD).

Is there a way to minapulate the data display in datatable? 

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" standardStylesheets="true" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" tabStyle="Opportunity">

<apex:datatable cellpadding="4" Cellspacing="1" border="1" style="border-color:black;" var="cx" value="{!Opportunity.Booking_Line_Items__r}">

<apex:outputText value="{!cx.Child_Name_Text__c}" style="font-size:12px"/>

<apex:facet name="header"><font style="font-size:12px">Name of child</font></apex:facet>

<apex:param value="{!cx.DOB__c}" />
<apex:facet name="header"><font style="font-size:12px">Date Of Birth</font></apex:facet>
<apex:param value="{!cx.Club_Date__c}" />
<apex:facet name="header"><font style="font-size:12px">Date(s) Booked In</font></apex:facet>
<apex:outputText value="{!cx.Status__c}" style="font-size:12px"/>
<apex:facet name="header"><font style="font-size:12px">Status</font></apex:facet>
</apex:datatable>

</apex:page>

Many thanks, 
  • March 29, 2010

Hi there,

I have a custom object called Flight_Cost. That object is linked to Opportunity object with master details relationship. On the Flight_Cost, I have a formula field call cost (currency).  I am trying to create a roll up summary of the cost field but that field is not available when the SUM option is selected. Am I doing something wrong?

I had Advanced Currency Management feature turned up. It doesn't work when I turned the feature off as well.

Please advise.

Thanks 

• March 22, 2010

Hi all,

I have this <apex:image value="{!$Resource.Logo}" width="220" height="55"/>

on my visual force page which i am exposing as a site. I am afraid the image is not coming up although it does on the admin account.

Is there anything that I should do that i haven't done?

Many thanks, 

• February 16, 2010

Hi all,

I have a select list showing nicely on Apex page. But as soon the the page is exposed as a site, the data in the select list disappears. I wonder whether if it is to do with the permission?

I would appreciate massively if someone can help me on this please.

The apex code below:

public List<SelectOption> getAccountList() {

Account[] accounts = [SELECT name FROM Account WHERE Display__c = true];

List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>();

for (Account acc : accounts) {

options.add(new SelectOption('',acc.Name));

}

return options;

---

On visual force 

<apex:selectlist size="1">

<apex:selectoptions value="{!accountList}"></apex:selectoptions>

</apex:selectlist> 

--

Thanks in advance! 

• February 16, 2010

Hi all,

Wondered where would be the best place to test SOQL queries? I need to run some simple queries such as below [Select u.Contact.AccountId From User u where id = :uid and contactid != null]; and need to see the return results...

Many thanks, 

• February 15, 2010

Hi all,

On my Visualforce page, I would like to display the account names in a dropdown list.

For each account record, I have a custom field called display. If that display box is ticked, I would like to display the name of the account in the list. 

Is there a way to do that please? 

Many thanks 

• February 14, 2010

Hi all,

I have just created a site with a visual force page. I still have the Home tab on that page and wondered if I can remove that tab somehow? As it is , when i can on it, the page would redirect me to another page asking me to sign in.

Thanks 

• February 10, 2010

Hi,

I am following this tutorial - http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_quick_start_hello_world.htm

I don't seem to be able to find create page link and page editor at the footer of the page.

I am on enterprise edition and I had the developer mode enabled.

Please can someone help?

Thanks, 

• February 10, 2010