• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am new to salesforce and am trying to look into the different methods of integration that Salesforce has with other third party apps.

I did some reading and these are what I got to know.

- You can generate WSDL files from salesforce and use these files to generate Web Services client on the third party app environment( java /.net/other). The third party apps can pull from and push data to salaesforce using web service calls.

- Salesforce can send Outbound messages to third party apps based on some action and the third party app can have a Outbound message notification listener configured at its end to interpret these messages.

I have a few questions

- Can salesforce pull information from a third party app? For e.g. A third party app has a webservice exposed. Can we generate a a WS client at the saleforce app end to hit this webservice?

- Suppose the saleforce app needs some data from a third party app at an on demand basis. Say, Someone clicks on a button in Salesforce App and we need to display some info from the third party app? How can we implement this type of integration?

Thanks,

Gayathri

Hi,

I am new to salesforce and am trying to look into the different methods of integration that Salesforce has with other third party apps.

I did some reading and these are what I got to know.

- You can generate WSDL files from salesforce and use these files to generate Web Services client on the third party app environment( java /.net/other). The third party apps can pull from and push data to salaesforce using web service calls.

- Salesforce can send Outbound messages to third party apps based on some action and the third party app can have a Outbound message notification listener configured at its end to interpret these messages.

I have a few questions

- Can salesforce pull information from a third party app? For e.g. A third party app has a webservice exposed. Can we generate a a WS client at the saleforce app end to hit this webservice?

- Suppose the saleforce app needs some data from a third party app at an on demand basis. Say, Someone clicks on a button in Salesforce App and we need to display some info from the third party app? How can we implement this type of integration?

Thanks,

Gayathri