• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Our sales team sells a product mix in which part of the sale items have an annual support fee, but other parts of the sale do not.  I built a check box in the products section that tells whether an item is applicable to support fees.  So now what I need is some how to add up only the items in the quote that involve a product that is check marked with support fees being applicable.  Does anyone know how to create the formula or something that would do this?  If this could be done, I could then apply the percentage to that number and add it to the quotes area.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I'm trying to build a report that will show accounts with 3 or more contacts.  I can't seem to figure out how to tell a report you only want results if a certain criteria is met like 3 or more contacts or a contact report that show people that have been part of 3 or more campaigns.  That sort of thing.  If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Pete

I am using Professional edition and have come across a weird limitation.  A standard user can be the owner of a case, and create a case comment, but they can't edit the case comment.  They can edit any of the fields of the case, but they can't edit case comments.  Does anyone have a work around solution for this besides setting the entire support department to System Administrators?

Thanks,
Pete

How would I go about creating a formula for my close date whereby if the Opportunity dollar amount were certain amounts, it would add a certain amount of months to calculate the close date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm running Professional Version.

Thanks,
Pete

Message Edited by Dev_Pete on 02-10-2010 09:12 AM

Our sales team sells a product mix in which part of the sale items have an annual support fee, but other parts of the sale do not.  I built a check box in the products section that tells whether an item is applicable to support fees.  So now what I need is some how to add up only the items in the quote that involve a product that is check marked with support fees being applicable.  Does anyone know how to create the formula or something that would do this?  If this could be done, I could then apply the percentage to that number and add it to the quotes area.

Thanks in advance!

I created both a multi-select picklist and a formula field to pull values from the multi-select picklist. 

My formula is: IF(ISNULL( Software_Version__C),  0 ,  Software_Version__C)

However, I get an error saying: "Error" Software_Version__c is a multi-select picklist field.  Multi-select picklist fields are only supported in certain functions" with a link to the functions which show:

Multi-select picklist fields can only be used in the following functions:

• INCLUDES
  • ISBLANK
  • ISNULL
  • ISCHANGED (Only in assignment rules, validation rules, workflow field updates, and workflow rules in which the trigger type is set to Every time a record is created or edited)
  • PRIORVALUE (Only in assignment rules, validation rules, workflow field updates, and workflow rules in which the trigger type is set to Every time a record is created or edited)

Any suggestions???

• October 28, 2010

When creating an Opportunity, you can custom sort the line items but when you create a Quote from it, the line items default back to alpha order. The ideal would be for the items to come into the Quote sorted as they are in the Opportunity. However, if this can't be done, then I need to add a SORT feature to the Quotes page so I can move the big ticket items to the top and the smaller (freebies) to the bottom. My hope is the sort order on the quotes page will hold as it creates a PDF quote template to send to the client.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Eric

Is there any easy way to set some kind of data validation so that fields entered in all caps can be corrected to have only the first letter capitalized?  If this can be done either within a web-to-lead form or when a lead is converted to an account, either would work great.  I haven't found anything yet, though.

Thanks!

I have about 200,000 activities in Leads that I need to delete as we have reached storage capacity.

I am afraid of deleting the entire lead, not just the activity in the lead!

Can you please help, I have installed and run Excel Connector but not sure how to find and delete all the activities without deleting the actual leads.

Thanks
Louise