• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are using the Salesforce API and a Salesforce Drupal module to populate public profiles on our website for some contacts. 

I have a dedicated user account for this API connection, and need to restrict that account to only view (and then publish) a subset of our contact records. 

What's the best way to do this? By record type? Some other controlling field?

I'm agnostic as to how it gets done except I don't want to do Contact Owner (these contacts need to be owned by other staff members). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My organization is working with our website developers to have Salesforce populate fields in our Drupal CMS. They are using a Drupal module to do this and everything is working fine with the major exception that data from custom fields is not being pulled over. Standard fields - fine. Custom fields - nothing.

The module uses the getUpdated() call on the Contact and Organization objects. I understand that these objects "must be configured as replicatable" but I don't understand how to check if those objects are configured as such or how to change the configuration as necessary.

I understand that this is probably a very simple question on this board, but I've spent the better part of a day attempting to remedy this problem to no avail. Any help you can provide would be truly appreciated.

Best,

Liza @ Echoing Green

I am trying to do 2 things:

1 - have one user (API user) who has access to only contact records of a specific record type

2 - use a force.com site as a webhook to record unsubscribes from an outside email marketing system

I had the force.com site webhook working great when I had our Sharing Settings set to Contacts: Public Read/Write. But I had to change the setting to Private in order to restrict the access of the API user and now the webhook no longer works because the Guest User of that site can no longer edit the Email Opt Out field. The field accessibility is not the problem, as it was working before I changed Sharing Settings and I've double checked.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can accomplish both of these tasks? Is there another way to restrict the access of that user without changing the Sharing Settings of the Contact object to Private and then creating exceptions?

This is something we want to do 'for now' until we can get Salesforce completely integrated with our website.  We are a nonprofit with a 500 member alumni base, and all alums are supposed to have a page on our site with photo/bio/etc.

We just did a huge cleanup project to make sure all of our alums are in SF properly and now want to begin updating the website.  The problem is that we don't know in SF which alums have pages and when those pages were last updated.

We are willing to task an intern with the research of which alums have a webpage, but I wondered if anyone had a creative solution on how we could pull in the 'date last updated' data.

Any ideas?

Wondering if I could get some help troubleshooting a custom button that I can't get to work.  We have a new custom object called Payments where the standard 'new' button takes you to :

https://na5.salesforce.com/a08/e?CF00N70000002OqvH=TEST+TEST&CF00N70000002OqvH_lkid=0037000000mcUVY&retURL=%2F0037000000mcUVY

Where

CF00N70000002OqvH=TEST+TEST puts the contact name in the Contact field

and

&CF00N70000002OqvH_lkid=0037000000mcUVY looks up the Contact ID

We want to also have the button attach this record to the Account lookup as well as fill in the Payment Name field with the Contact Name.

I created a New Payments button link that looks like this:

a08/e?CF00N70000002OqvH={!Contact.Contact_Full_Name__c}&CF00N70000002OqvH_lkid={!Contact.Id}& CF00N70000002P4rP={!Account.Name}& CF00N70000002P4rP_lkid={!Account.Id}&CF 01I700000003G2z={!Contact.Contact_Full_Name__c}&retURL={!Payments__c.Id}

I looked up the field references by looking at the links to these fields on the Object detail page and they look like 00N70000002P4rP.  I put in the CF prefix because that's what the standard New button was doing. 

Am I totally off track or is this fix-able?  Any help appreciated, thanks.

Hello,

I'm having trouble writing a validation rule within the Opportunity object.

Fields Involved:

Amount

Restricted_c (checkbox)

Donor_Report_c (checkbox)

Special_Donor_Report_c (checkbox)

If Amount > 499, then Donor_Report_c = TRUE

except if Restricted_c=TRUE

then

Donor_Report_c=FALSE and Special_Donor_Report_c=TRUE

I've written this 100 different ways with no luck.  Could anyone lend a hand?

Thanks,

Liza M

I am trying to do 2 things:

1 - have one user (API user) who has access to only contact records of a specific record type

2 - use a force.com site as a webhook to record unsubscribes from an outside email marketing system

I had the force.com site webhook working great when I had our Sharing Settings set to Contacts: Public Read/Write. But I had to change the setting to Private in order to restrict the access of the API user and now the webhook no longer works because the Guest User of that site can no longer edit the Email Opt Out field. The field accessibility is not the problem, as it was working before I changed Sharing Settings and I've double checked.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can accomplish both of these tasks? Is there another way to restrict the access of that user without changing the Sharing Settings of the Contact object to Private and then creating exceptions?

Hello,

I'm having trouble writing a validation rule within the Opportunity object.

Fields Involved:

Amount

Restricted_c (checkbox)

Donor_Report_c (checkbox)

Special_Donor_Report_c (checkbox)

If Amount > 499, then Donor_Report_c = TRUE

except if Restricted_c=TRUE

then

Donor_Report_c=FALSE and Special_Donor_Report_c=TRUE

I've written this 100 different ways with no luck.  Could anyone lend a hand?

Thanks,

Liza M

Does anyone know the correct field name for the Primary Contact Role in an Opportunity.  I want to create a formula field in Opportunities linked to that field so that it will show the Contact name in the Campaign view.  Thanks.

Is it possible to override standard field labels and make standard fields not required on page layouts?  For example, can the Opportunity Close Date field label be modified and not required?

Thanks.

I have a user who just installed the Office Connector from inside SF (in the Desktop Integration section of Personal Setup), and it appears to have installed a version 4.0 of the toolkit.

He's getting the "Can't find project or library" error that others have reported getting as a result of a mismatch between Version 2.0 of the toolkit and Version 6.16 of the Excel Connector.

Has there been an updated version of the Excel Connector that will work with Version 4.0 of the toolkit? If not, how do I downgrade him back to Version 3.0, since the only version that will download from SF setup is version 4.0?  

This is not the most technical of users, and I'm supporting him from 200 miles away, so I can't just go to his computer and do it for him. So asking him to go to the Developer Toolkit type sites and figure out what to do is asking for disaster. Please help!