• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am in the process of developing a custom page in place of the standard for a custom object.

So far I have been able to display the data for the custom object on my custom page. However, I would like to use on my custom  page are some of the standard blocks such as Activity History, Approval History and Notes & Attachments.

I believe I saw somewhere, a while ago when researching something else, on the Salesforce site how to do this but have been unable to find the resource again.

Is this possible and how can it be done?
  • March 05, 2010

Customer wants that when a user goes to grant access to another user via Manual Sharing, they should not have option to share with Roles and Roles-Subordinates. The users should only be able to share with another users. 

I know from the standard out-of-box Salesforce Page for Sharing, we cannot remove these options from the left-hand side palette.

However, can we have some customized APEX trigger or some sort of validation which will not allow users to share their records with Roles/Roles and Subordinates?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Customer wants that when a user goes to grant access to another user via Manual Sharing, they should not have option to share with Roles and Roles-Subordinates. The users should only be able to share with another users. 

I know from the standard out-of-box Salesforce Page for Sharing, we cannot remove these options from the left-hand side palette.

However, can we have some customized APEX trigger or some sort of validation which will not allow users to share their records with Roles/Roles and Subordinates?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi , 

I have a requirement where I want to show Address Location from "Google Map" custom link on an Account record BASED on following criteria :- 

- There is a custom picklist field "Primary Address" with values "Business, Home, Other"

- There are 3 sets of addresses : Business (Billing Address set of fields) , Home(Mailing Address set of fields) and Other (Custom Address set of fields)

- Now if "Primary Address" is "Business", when I click on "Google Map" custom link, it should show me only "Business" Address location. If the "Primary Address" is "Home", the custom link will show "Home" Address location and so on.

Please advise how can I achieve this?  

Thanks, 

Vimal

Hi ,

I have a requirement where I want to show Address Location from "Google Map" custom link on an Account record BASED on following criteria :-

- There is a custom picklist field "Primary Address" with values "Business, Home, Other"

- There are 3 sets of addresses : Business (Billing Address set of fields) , Home(Mailing Address set of fields) and Other (Custom Address set of fields)

- Now if "Primary Address" is "Business", when I click on "Google Map" custom link, it should show me only "Business" Address location. If the "Primary Address" is "Home", the custom link will show "Home" Address location and so on

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I have a requirement on a SSN field :-

- Should include dashes

- Should not be less than or more than 10 digits

Please assist in creating a validation rule for same.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I want to create a field which is required in both Person Account and Business Account Page layouts. What is the best practice to do it? Create it as Contact field or create it as Account field?

Thanks,

Vimal

I have a requirement where user can be allowed to fill its Wedding Anniversary Date in 2 formats :-

- MM/DD/YYYY
- MM/DD

I know with standard Date field this is not possible, so I may need to use text field type.

However, I am struggling to write Validation Rule for the same. This is my Val Rule in construction :-

(NOT(ISNUMBER(RIGHT(Wedding_Anniversary__c, 2)) && ISNUMBER(LEFT(Wedding_Anniversary__c, 2)) && VALUE(LEFT(Wedding_Anniversary__c, 2) ) <= 12 && VALUE(RIGHT(Wedding_Anniversary__c, 2)) <= 31 && VALUE(LEFT(Wedding_Anniversary__c, 2) ) <> 0 && VALUE(RIGHT(Wedding_Anniversary__c, 2)) <> 0 && CONTAINS(MID( Wedding_Anniversary__c, 1, 5),'/'))) && 
NOT (ISBLANK (Wedding_Anniversary__c))

Can anyone please assist me?

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I am trying to apply validation rule for asking users to fill First Name for Contact.

I am planning to have ISBLANK formula used. But curious to know, what will happen if ISNULL is used?

What exactly signifies ISBLANK and ISNULL formulaes?

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

When we consult with customer, we often ask them regarding what are the rules/conditions where we need to validate the data and under what circumstances.

I want to know from all Validation Rules champs out there as to what val rules you recommend to customer on objects like Accounts, Contacts, Leads and Opportunities specially?

Can anyone share their experiences in "defining validation rules requirements" itself for the customer from consultancy point of view? Also any best practices shared will be icing on cake :)

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I am trying to configure Salesforce to Salesforce SSO as a PoC to test Salesforce as IdP and as SP also (2 different salesforce orgs).

However, I am getting these SAML validation error messages :-

1. Validating the Status
  Ok
2. Checking that the assertion contains a reference to a user
  Ok
3. Looking for an Authentication Statement
  Ok
4. Looking for a Conditions statement
  Ok
5. Checking that the timestamps in the assertion are valid
  Current time is after notOnOrAfter in Conditions
  Current time is: 2011-08-30T19:45:56.145Z
  Time limit in Conditions, adjusted for skew, is: 2011-08-30T19:43:15.017Z
  Timestamp of the response is outside of allowed time window
  Timestamp is: 2011-08-30T19:35:15.016Z
  Allowed skew in milliseconds is 480000
6. Checking that the Attribute namespace matches, if provided
  Not Provided
7. Miscellaneous format confirmations
  Ok
8. Confirming Issuer matches
  Response's issuer did not match the issuer configured in the Single Sign-On Settings page
  Issuer from assertion: https://testforsso-developer-edition.my.salesforce.com
  Issuer from your settings: htps://testforsso-developer-edition.my.salesforce.com
  Assertion's issuer did not match the issuer configured in the Single Sign-On Settings page
  Issuer from your settings: htps://testforsso-developer-edition.my.salesforce.com
9. Confirming a Subject Confirmation was provided and contains valid timestamps
  Current time is later than SubjectConfirmationData's notOnOrAfterField
  NotOnOrAfter is: 2011-08-30T19:40:15.017Z
10. Checking that the Audience matches, if provided
  Ok
11. Checking the Recipient
  Ok
12. Validating the Signature
  Ok
13. Checking that the Site URL Attribute contains a validate site url, if provided
  Not Provided

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I am learning and testing on SSO Implementation with Salesforce as IdP.

One of the steps is to create a force.com Domain. While I create it and registration is in pending status I am still awaiting mail for confirmation since last 1 hour. Is it that it takes some time to have mail confirmation received? Or is it that something is going wrong my side?

I tried on 2 separate developer accounts with different email ids just to be sure that none of these emails are blocked. But to no avail, I did not receive any registration mail confirmation.

And because the status is still "pending" I am not able to go ahead with creating Salesforce as IdP.

Please assist/advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

We are looking for a SAML SSO solution for allowing User to login to Salesforce from web portal and from Salesforce to login to another web application.

Steps involved:

1. User logs into corporate web portal by providing his/her corporate credentials.

2. By clicking on a link provided on website, user must be able to login to Salesforce.com.

3. When user click on a custom link provided on Salesforce, user must be able to login to another web application.

Design proposal:

For step#2, Assume Federated Authentication (SAML) is implemented by providing federatedID and token(generated by one of the application within our environment) in the SAML assertion. While Salesforce uses federated ID for user authentication into salesforce, token is retrieved from SAML assertion and passed to the client’s authentication services for authenticating the user into 3rd application.

Questions:

1. Can we include a token (generated by one of the application within our environment) along with federatedID in the SAML assertion?  If yes, can we retrieve this token from the assertion and store in salesforce for using it for login to another application?

2. Can Salesforce act as service provider (SP) and also as an Identity Provider (Idp).

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

We are looking for a SAML SSO solution for allowing User to login to Salesforce from web portal and from Salesforce to login to another web application.

Steps involved:

1. User logs into corporate web portal by providing his/her corporate credentials.

2. By clicking on a link provided on website, user must be able to login to Salesforce.com.

3. When user click on a custom link provided on Salesforce, user must be able to login to another web application.

Design proposal:

For step#2, Assume Federated Authentication (SAML) is implemented by providing federatedID and token(generated by one of the application within our environment) in the SAML assertion. While Salesforce uses federated ID for user authentication into salesforce, token is retrieved from SAML assertion and passed to the client’s authentication services for authenticating the user into 3rd application.

Questions:

1. Can we include a token (generated by one of the application within our environment) along with federatedID in the SAML assertion?  If yes, can we retrieve this token from the assertion and store in salesforce for using it for login to another application?

2. Can Salesforce act as service provider (SP) and also as an Identity Provider (Idp).

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

Could anyone please enlist all the Out-of-the-Box features which get automated when a Lead is converted to Opportunity.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

My Customer has a Siebel CRM and they want to move to Salesforce CRM.

In Siebel CRM, they have a tab infact a Menu called "Applications" in Menu Bar which when clicked shows Applications menu items enlisting several applications in this format :-

Applications

App 1

App 2

App 3  

Sub App 3.1  

Sub App 3.2

App 4

App 5  

Sub App 5.1  

Sub App 5.2  

Sub App 5.3

How can I show the same in Salesforce? Note that the applications are either SSO Enabled sites or non-SSO enabled sites. But that is not the issue. My problem is how should I show these on Salesforce?

I created quick custom links and grouped them into Home Page Components. But then I dont know how should I show Sub Apps item from the App group (example : App 3 group and its sub apps).

I can only think of Visualforce Page solution. But I dont know if it can show Menu-driven interface like I mentioned above? I can think of hierarchical representation but then the Sub Apps will be only till 2nd level so dont know if it can be useful. Also, if VF is the better solution, from where should I initiate the page? Messages and Alerts section? Is it possible to launch a VF page from there?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

In Siebel CRM, they have a tab infact a Menu called "Applications" in Menu Bar which when clicked shows Applications menu items enlisting several applications in this format :-

Applications

App 1

App 2

App 3

Sub App 3.1  

Sub App 3.2

App 4

App 5  

Sub App 5.1

Sub App 5.2  

Sub App 5.3

How can I show the same in Salesforce? Note that the applications are either SSO Enabled sites or non-SSO enabled sites. But that is not the issue. My problem is how should I show these on Salesforce?

I created quick custom links and grouped them into Home Page Components. But then I dont know how should I show Sub Apps item from the App group (example : App 3 group and its sub apps).

I can only think of Visualforce Page solution. But I dont know if it can show Menu-driven interface like I mentioned above? I can think of hierarchical representation but then the Sub Apps will be only till 2nd level so dont know if it can be useful. Also, if VF is the better solution, from where should I initiate the page? Messages and Alerts section? Is it possible to launch a VF page from there?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I have a query regarding Required fields behaviors in Lead and converted Person Account. 

Lets say we have 5 required fields in Lead and 10 required fields in Person Account. The Lead is converted to Person Account. All the 5 required fields data of Lead are populated in corresponding Person Account's 5 required fields. BUT, what happens to remaining 5 required fields of Person Account? They remain blank? 

Please advise on the behaviour/output of this scenario.

Also, another query is : Does it always be true that Required fields of Lead need to be as Required fields of Account too? Can there be a required field in Lead which is not at all present as field of Account?

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

Can we take the results of a report or a query and send the resulting records to an external application via a web service? 

I have heard about applications like Vertical Response which can pull lists based on certain criteria for Leads and Contacts and pulls it into Vertical Reponse's own application. I dont have much idea and knowledge on same. Is anyone using this application for similar purpose?

But still, using Apex, I think we can do this.

Please confirm and advise on the directions.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

We have several external applications linked to Salesforce. We are probably going to use Single Sign On method of logging.

For SSO, we have identified SSO Adapter to be used and SAML Service Provider.

My query is : When Single signed On is implemented from Salesforce to an external application, what are the user credentials that will be sent? Is it token (sent during logon to Salesforce)? What other parameters are needed too?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I have some queries related to Caching of html/css pages in Salesforce :-

1. How Caching is done in Salesforce
2. Currently our customer is using Cisco caching engines in Branch offices. Can Salesforce be integrated with those cache engines?
3. Is there any improvement in Performance after using the Caching engines?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi , 

- Now if "Primary Address" is "Business", when I click on "Google Map" custom link, it should show me only "Business" Address location. If the "Primary Address" is "Home", the custom link will show "Home" Address location and so on.

Thanks, 

Vimal

Hi,

I have a requirement on a SSN field :-

- Should include dashes

- Should not be less than or more than 10 digits

Please assist in creating a validation rule for same.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I am trying to configure Salesforce to Salesforce SSO as a PoC to test Salesforce as IdP and as SP also (2 different salesforce orgs).

However, I am getting these SAML validation error messages :-

1. Validating the Status
  Ok
2. Checking that the assertion contains a reference to a user
  Ok
3. Looking for an Authentication Statement
  Ok
4. Looking for a Conditions statement
  Ok
5. Checking that the timestamps in the assertion are valid
  Current time is after notOnOrAfter in Conditions
  Time limit in Conditions, adjusted for skew, is: 2011-08-30T19:43:15.017Z
  Timestamp of the response is outside of allowed time window
  Timestamp is: 2011-08-30T19:35:15.016Z
  Allowed skew in milliseconds is 480000
6. Checking that the Attribute namespace matches, if provided
  Not Provided
7. Miscellaneous format confirmations
  Ok
8. Confirming Issuer matches
  Response's issuer did not match the issuer configured in the Single Sign-On Settings page
  Assertion's issuer did not match the issuer configured in the Single Sign-On Settings page
9. Confirming a Subject Confirmation was provided and contains valid timestamps
  Current time is later than SubjectConfirmationData's notOnOrAfterField
  NotOnOrAfter is: 2011-08-30T19:40:15.017Z
10. Checking that the Audience matches, if provided
  Ok
11. Checking the Recipient
  Ok
12. Validating the Signature
  Ok
13. Checking that the Site URL Attribute contains a validate site url, if provided
  Not Provided

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

Steps involved:

Design proposal:

Questions:

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

Applications

App 1

App 2

App 3

Sub App 3.1  

Sub App 3.2

App 4

App 5  

Sub App 5.1

Sub App 5.2  

Sub App 5.3

Please advise.

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

I have a query regarding Required fields behaviors in Lead and converted Person Account. 

Lets say we have 5 required fields in Lead and 10 required fields in Person Account. The Lead is converted to Person Account. All the 5 required fields data of Lead are populated in corresponding Person Account's 5 required fields. BUT, what happens to remaining 5 required fields of Person Account? They remain blank? 

Please advise on the behaviour/output of this scenario.

Also, another query is : Does it always be true that Required fields of Lead need to be as Required fields of Account too? Can there be a required field in Lead which is not at all present as field of Account?

Thanks,

Vimal

Hi,

Can we take the results of a report or a query and send the resulting records to an external application via a web service? 

I have heard about applications like Vertical Response which can pull lists based on certain criteria for Leads and Contacts and pulls it into Vertical Reponse's own application. I dont have much idea and knowledge on same. Is anyone using this application for similar purpose?

But still, using Apex, I think we can do this.

Please confirm and advise on the directions.

Thanks,

Vimal

There is lots of good information on developer.force.com about SSO and Salesforce as the service provider but I can't find any information on using Salesforce as the identity provider to another service. I would like to be able to use my salesforce user and contact objects as my identity store for an outside application. Can it be done? Do I have to role my own SAML SSO service within Salesforce to get the job done? What kind of license agreement issues would I have to deal with?

Any thoughts?

• August 02, 2010
I haven't had much luck getting SSO to work with my SAML assertion. Has anyone got this to work? If so, what does your saml response look like?  I signed my assertion and I believe everything is correct, yet the login history gives me "Failed: Assertion Invalid"

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Hi all,
  could someone explain better how SAML assertions fit in with the delegated authentication scheme that Salesforce has? The article I found here (http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/How_to_Implement_Single_Sign-On_with_Salesforce.com) talks about tokens and how SAML tokens can be used. That is where I get confused. Is the token generator something that we have to implement? How do I know what to put in the SAML assertions? 

And also, complete SAML support for SSO is available for the summer 08 release and I was wondering if there any articles like the one above for that.

Thanks in advance.