• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've seen similar posts, but no solutions.  Maybe our first steps will help somebody.

We are using Email2Case to create tickets - no problem there. We wanted to allow tickets to be reopened upon a customer email, so we created a custom field that is updated when an email is received via workflow.  Then we created another workflow rule that looks for this field update and if found, reopens the case.  This ALSO works.

However, for some reason, when support closes a case the first time, it seems to immediately reopen the case.  The second time closes it for real.  I'm putting in the workflow rule formula below, just in case anyone sees something I don't.

Does anyone know if the workflow actions done in a specific order?  There's no way to change the order - adding them inalways results in them being displayed the same way.  I thought maybe one of the triggered emails updated the field and retriggered the workflow rule, but I have no way of telling.

Any recommendations would be welcome!

Workflow Rule (Email_Update_Date__c is updated when an email is received for the case):

AND
(
OR(
ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed - Confirmed"),
ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed - Unconfirmed"),
ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed - Duplicate"),
ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed - Unresolved")
),
OR (
ISPICKVAL(Group__c,"CO_dna"),
ISPICKVAL(Group__c,"CO_dna2")
),
NOT(ISNULL(Email_Update_Date__c)),
Email_Update_Date__c <= Today()
)

The actions are as follow:

Email Alert    case re-opened (to customer)
Email Alert    Notify Support of Reopened Ticket
Field Update    ReOpen Case Status
Field Update    Clear Email Update Field

I am using Email to case to register new cases. Once the case is registered it moves from one department to another before it is closed. This is done by changing the Lookup field Department__c (Lookup to custom object Department__c ) on Case. Each time dept is changed, a record is inserted in the Dept_move__c custome object Which is detail with Case as master. For this record insert part I have written a Trigger it is working good. I have 2 more things here that I need to implement but don't know how to implement them and will appreciate if some one can help.

1.  Sometimes a department person needs some more information from the customer and they send the e mail to the customer and change the case Status Field (picklist)  to - 'Waiting On Customer'. Now when the customer replied to the email, I need that Case Status should automatically changed to 'Open'. I know this can be implemented through Workflow but can't figure out the criteria Or rule for this as customer can send email for registering the new case,and can reply to a Closed Case Email for reopening an old Closed case if he thinks that issue is still there While the recently opened case is in 'Waiting on Customer' Status.

So the issue is -- When the customer send the Email, It can be for:

1.  Open a New case -- This I have implemented with Email to case functionality and working Good.

2.  Re Open a Closed Case Change Status field to -- 'Reopened'

3.  Chnage the Case Status from 'Waiting on Customer' to 'Open'  -- When the customer replied to the mail providing the information whatever needed by the customer care.

My 1st main problem is how to distinguish Weather the mail is for changing the status or re opening an old case. and 2nd problem is how to implement this functionality.

Will appreciate if someone help...!!!

• February 21, 2010