• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Could use a little help here from the masters on this board . . . we have a discount approval process that uses an Object related to Opportunities.  Our order management folks really want the Opportunity Owner's name to be reflected on the Object itself (Approval Request Form).  Looking at the Opportunity itself is apparently too hard or requires extra steps.  Whatever!

Anyway . . . seems like it should be an easy thing to do but all I have been able to do is create a formula field that can pull in the Opportunity "Owner ID"--which means nothing to the people who need to see it.  I really need a field that can automatically show the actual Opportunity Owner Name in text on the Approval Form so order management can see "Bob Smith" instead of "00530000000diZm".

I'm sure there is probably something simple I am missing.  But how in the world do I get the name to show up in a field on that Approval Form?  Is there a formula function that "translates" the ID and can do that?  I'm pretty stumped.

• September 15, 2009