• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello gurus..

There is a typical requirement I have that I am confused about..

I have a field with two possible values in a Dropdown, "Value 1" and "Value 2".

If the selected Value in the field is "Value 1", then the first set of 5 fields should be exposed to the user to fill out.

Else, the other 5 set of fields should be exposed to the user to fill out.

I remember this being similar to the Toggle Applets concept somewhere else..

I would be grateful, if anybody could share some pointers on as to how we can implement this in SFDC..

Thanks & Regards

Hi gurus..

I had a new requirement by my client the other day...

he had these PDF forms in which you can type in data. He wants the data in these PDF forms to be automatically populated when mailing to his customers. The data should be filled in on the basis of the Customer Record that he is in.

I have done similar implementation for Word Docs through Mail Merge. However, I am stuck on the PDF part. I can't run a mail merge on PDF forms.

Any ideas..??

Regards

I have been working on the Force.com for some time now and one thing that really helps me learn the platform is pushing the envelope and seeing where it tears. To this end I have decided to build a game on it.

Not anything fancy, like a first person shooter, just a turn based strategy game, like Risk.

Or more accurately, like Outreach.

Most of those old board games were little more than databases anyway, so I figured this would be an easy project. In fact the hardest part I anticipated was creating a hex map in CSS, but that turned out to be a two hour chore.

Ergo i anticipate smooth sailing from here on out. I am posting this here for anyone interested in following my progress as i take the Force.com platform that, to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't gone before, and also for anyone interested in helping me beta test the game when I am done.

Ciao.

I am looking for a developer familiar with Joomla and Salesforce, can anyone direct me where to find such developers.

Thanks

A year ago, a prior administrator created a custom field 'Internal ID' in the Account object with a field type of Auto Number. However, he did not check the "Generate Auto Number for existing records" checkbox. As a result, I have 79 Account records with no Auto Number.

I need to get an Auto Number assigned to those 79 Accounts. The problem is that the option to "Generate Auto Number for existing records" only appears when the Auto Number field is first created.

I've seen a method described where you change the Auto Number field to text and then back to Auto Number. But the details of using that method are vague, and I can't tell if I will lose the Auto Numbers that are already assigned. I absolutely can not lose the Auto Number that has been generated for the other 40 thousand Accounts. If I lose the existing auto numbers, I can probably kiss my job goodbye.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Hello gurus..

There is a typical requirement I have that I am confused about..

I have a field with two possible values in a Dropdown, "Value 1" and "Value 2".

If the selected Value in the field is "Value 1", then the first set of 5 fields should be exposed to the user to fill out.

Else, the other 5 set of fields should be exposed to the user to fill out.

I remember this being similar to the Toggle Applets concept somewhere else..

I would be grateful, if anybody could share some pointers on as to how we can implement this in SFDC..

Thanks & Regards