• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We've created a custom app for one of our customers to track donations.  They have about 2000 users who will need to submit their collections on a weekly basis via Sites.  This is working well with the Guest user, however, in order to protect the database from "casually" submitted data by just anyone, we want to create a generic login, so only those 2000 users who have been provided with the username and password, can actually submit data.

We don't to keep this as simple as possible, and therefore not implement Partner Portal.  All we need the users to be able to do is submit a new record. They do not need to view anything, except be able to pick their identifying record from the lookup.

Is there an easy way to create a single logon, which can be used by multiple users at the same time to submit records?

We hope that there is a way to provide this functionality without the need for additional licensing, since what we are trying to accomplish does not require any more than the Guest user currently provides.

Any pointers/help is greatly appreciated.

Aaron

We're in crunch mode and need to get a site up asap, but since we're new to VisualForce, we have no idea whether this is possible.  So any input or even examples from someone who's done something similar will be greatly appreciated.

We need to create a form on a public site using VisualForce Pages and SF Sites.  The input data from the form needs to be inserted in a custom object.  We have been able to get this accomplished.  What we have no idea about is how we can transfer the input to a second page where the user can verify their data before actually inserting the data as a record into the custom object.

Thanks in advance!!

Aaron

Hi,

I've been working on a trigger in which I attempt to convert a date field into a date/time field (with the time being 12:00:00 noon).  However I'm having a hard time getting the formatting correct.

The trigger runs on a custom Quote object.

The date field I'm trying to convert is named Required_Date__c.

The new date/time field is named Required_Date_Time__c.

I have also a text field named Test__c, which I use to check the string formatting. 

Here is the code snippet:

string Rhour = '12';

string Rminute = '00';

string Rsecond = '00';

string Rdate = String.valueOf(c.Required_Date__c) + ' ' + Rhour + ':' + Rminute + ':' + Rsecond;

c.Test__c = Rdate;

c.Required_Date_Time__c = datetime.valueOf(c.Test__c);

If I comment out the last line of the above snippet, the trigger runs fine and enters the string

2010-03-30 12:00:00

in the Test__c field.

However, when I try to deploy the trigger with the last line included, I get the following error: System.TypeException: Invalid date/time: null 12:00:00

I've tried many other things as well, but continue to bang my head against the wall.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Aaron 

We've created a custom app for one of our customers to track donations.  They have about 2000 users who will need to submit their collections on a weekly basis via Sites.  This is working well with the Guest user, however, in order to protect the database from "casually" submitted data by just anyone, we want to create a generic login, so only those 2000 users who have been provided with the username and password, can actually submit data.

We don't to keep this as simple as possible, and therefore not implement Partner Portal.  All we need the users to be able to do is submit a new record. They do not need to view anything, except be able to pick their identifying record from the lookup.

Is there an easy way to create a single logon, which can be used by multiple users at the same time to submit records?

We hope that there is a way to provide this functionality without the need for additional licensing, since what we are trying to accomplish does not require any more than the Guest user currently provides.

Any pointers/help is greatly appreciated.

Aaron

Hi,

I've been working on a trigger in which I attempt to convert a date field into a date/time field (with the time being 12:00:00 noon).  However I'm having a hard time getting the formatting correct.

The trigger runs on a custom Quote object.

The date field I'm trying to convert is named Required_Date__c.

The new date/time field is named Required_Date_Time__c.

I have also a text field named Test__c, which I use to check the string formatting. 

Here is the code snippet:

string Rhour = '12';

string Rminute = '00';

string Rsecond = '00';

string Rdate = String.valueOf(c.Required_Date__c) + ' ' + Rhour + ':' + Rminute + ':' + Rsecond;

c.Test__c = Rdate;

c.Required_Date_Time__c = datetime.valueOf(c.Test__c);

If I comment out the last line of the above snippet, the trigger runs fine and enters the string

2010-03-30 12:00:00

in the Test__c field.

However, when I try to deploy the trigger with the last line included, I get the following error: System.TypeException: Invalid date/time: null 12:00:00

I've tried many other things as well, but continue to bang my head against the wall.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Aaron