• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I am writing before update trigger on Contact Object which will update the corresponding users in the User Object.

But there are some triggers in user object which will update contact hence this is becoming deadlock.

I found in the forum @future annotation can be used to solve this issue but some of the user triggers already using this @future methods since one @future method cannot call another @ future method this idea also not working.

Can anyone please suggest ideas to overcome this issue.

The "MIXED_DML_OPERATION" issue that plagues unit tests (see this forum discussion) is now effecting production code as well.

Our application adds an extra custom field to Users called "Other Emails".  This is a string field where a User can enter a bunch of email aliases; whenever it's updated we normalize the information into a separate "EmailAddress" table and the Address then points back at the User.

As of yesterday, that worked great.  I updated my User record to add an address to the "Other Emails" field.  The trigger code executed perfectly, and the EmailAddress object was created & linked to my User record.

As of today, it is failing:

This is a critical part of an Apex-based application that we have been developing for over 8 months, and this section of code has always worked until today.

We've had to comment out unit tests to deal with this issue - which was lame, but acceptable - but actually changing our object relationships and code at this late date would be difficult.
  • June 19, 2008