• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Creating a custom button to create a task from Activity History related list under leads.  So far I have  this working as a Custom Button to create the task with the related to Lead:

https://na7.salesforce.com/00T/e?retURL=%2F00320000001jWar&who_id={!Lead.Id}

Now I want to pass a default user as the Assigned to, define the subject, comments and other fields.  What is the syntax for doing these things?

Creating a custom button to create a task from Activity History related list under leads.  So far I have  this working as a Custom Button to create the task with the related to Lead:

https://na7.salesforce.com/00T/e?retURL=%2F00320000001jWar&who_id={!Lead.Id}

Now I want to pass a default user as the Assigned to, define the subject, comments and other fields.  What is the syntax for doing these things?

I created a new task button called Media Plan Request.  The button is supposed to assign the task to our media planner (1 person, ex John Smith).  It's also supposed to put "Media Plan Request" in the Subject line and put the whatid as the opportunity the task is created on.  The Whatid part works fine, the rest of it doesn't.

Here is the code I'm using:

/00T/e?who_id={!Lead.Id}{!Contact.Id}&&what_id={!Opportunity.Id}&retURL=%2F0067000000IF9ym&tsk5=Media%Plan%Request&tsk1_lkid=00570000001GaI5&tsk1=John%Smith

What am I missing here?  This is my second custom button today that isn't working  :(

Hi.  I've spent the last 2 hrs looking at some threads that have to do w/ this topic but could not find anything that looks like what i need to do.

I need a custom button on the lead detail page which, when clicked, will send an email to a co-worker and update the activites of that lead to show this email was sent.   I'd like to be able to provide the subject and body with the javascript on the fly, but if I have to use an email template, that's OK.    Everything I've tried that's already been posted has either given me compile errors when I click the button or an error message saying something about an invalid ID  (I tried to substitute my own user ID to receive the email).

Thanks for any and all help!