• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We started getting intermittent errors with our external webservices call last week:
IO Exception: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

What might explain intermittent failures?  Could it be POODLE/SSLv3 related, similar to this discussion?:
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000AmTZIA0

The exception is being thrown from a "WebServiceCallout.invoke" call.

Thanks,
 Drew

Hi,

I have a simple VF Template that I'm sending from workflow that triggers on a custom object.  This custom object is related to Contact via a Master Detail, and I selected this M-D field as the recipient in the Email Alert Workflow Action as the "Related Contact" option.

When I send the email from the custom object record, by hitting "Send an Email," all goes as planned and my Recipient fields merge beautifully.  However, when the email gets  sent via the workflow email alert, none of my Recipient fields merge.  This is an issue because I want to show a table of related child objects from the Contact.

Any ideas?  I'm beginning to think the Recipient functionality doesn't work from workflow, or at least not workflow sent to related Contacts.

Thanks,

Drew 

Hi,

I have a custom vforce login page that lives on a site that authenticates a customer portal user.

This all works fine.  However, if the user neglects to logout and navigates back to the login page and re-enters there credentials, they get an error that only says "error occured while loading visualforce page."

Anyone know why this is?  I haven't been able to debug.

Cheers,

Drew

I'm developing in a sandbox that just got the Spring '12 Preview and I've noticed two things:

1) When using the Developer Console, I can no longer see the execution log (or anything but the log file itself) when a log is created, unless I create the log from the "execute" field.

Here's a picture of what the a normal log looks like when I open it:

http://screencast.com/t/HGXLZ6BxGm

And here's what the log looks like when I run code from the execute field (and how I WISH it looked like all the time).

http://screencast.com/t/3UiKE58RXw

2) The Developer Mode section shows up but I can never get the code to display, and even if I check the "view state" checkbox on my user record it never shows up:

http://screencast.com/t/BrHeOHC0

Anyone having this same issue, or have any idea what could be going on?  This was all working on Friday, which I believe was before the Spring 12 preview.

Thanks,

Drew

I've got a component that's inside of a repeat tag.  Inside the component, there's a javascript method called from a command link that opens a pop up window.  The method passes in the id of a record that the component receives as an attribute.

This works great in firefox/ie, but in chrome it uses the id of the first record every time.  Any ideas?

Visual force component (partial):

<apex:component controller="AssessmentQuestion" allowDML="true">
  <apex:attribute name="questionitem" description="Assessment Question" type="QuestionItem" assignTo="{!qi}" required="true"/> 
  <apex:attribute name="isreadonly" description="Read Only" type="Boolean" assignTo="{!isreadonly}" required="false"/> 
  <apex:attribute name="pageController" type="PageControllerBase" assignTo="{!pageController}" required="false" description="The controller for the page." />  
    <!-- Display error text -->
    <!--apex:outputText value="{!questionErrorText}" rendered="{!QuestionError}"/-->

<!-- Non-question group question-response -->
    <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!NOT(QuestionGroup)&&renderQuestion==true}">
        <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="5" >
          <tr>
            <td width="10%" align="left" valign="middle">                    
                <apex:commandLink value="IRIS Definition" style="font-size:80%" onclick="openQuestionMessagePopup('{!qi.question.id}','IRIS Definition')" title="Click to see IRIS definition." immediate="true" id="irisdef"  rendered="{!NOT(ISBLANK(question.IRIS_Definition__c))}"/>

etc...

Javascript method:

var newQuestionMessageWin=null;
 function openQuestionMessagePopup(qid, msgtype)
 {
    var url="./apex/QuestionMessage?id=" + qid + "&msgtype=" + msgtype;
    newQuestionMessageWin=window.open(url, 'QuestionMessagePopup','height=150,width=500,left=100,top=100,resizable=no,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,status=no,menubar=no,location=no');
    newQuestionMessageWin.focus();

return false;
 }

Thanks,

Drew

Hi,

I have a visualforce page that may need to run in an iFrame.  When a user hits a commandbutton, I need it to call an Apex method (to update some records) but then I'd like to be able to have the entire window (not just the iFrame) load the return URL.  Is this possible?

It doesn't look like there's any way to set a target on a pagereference, but what I want to do is something like:

public PageReference submitConfirmation() {

PageReference pr = new PageReference('urlgoeshere.com');

pr.setTarget('_top'); // this line is NOT real code - there is no such PageReference method

return pr;

}

Any advice?

Thanks,

Drew

I'm trying to create a vforce page that lists select activities one after another, similar to the "View All" notes and attachments page.

I'd like to put each record in a pageblocksection, but the first one never renders correctly:

http://screencast.com/t/NGI4ZjMwNTct

Here's my page:

<apex:page standardController="Contact" extensions="ContactRelatedListController" title="View All Completed Activities">
    <table border="0" >
    	<apex:sectionHeader title="View All Completed Activities" />
	    <apex:repeat value="{!AllClosedTasks}" var="act">
			<apex:pageBlock >
		        <apex:pageBlockSection columns="1">
		            <apex:outputfield value="{!act.Subject}"/>
		            <apex:outputfield value="{!act.WhatId}"/>
		            <apex:outputfield value="{!act.ActivityDate}"/>
		            <apex:outputfield value="{!act.OwnerId}"/>
		            <apex:outputfield value="{!act.Type}"/>
		            <apex:outputfield value="{!act.Description}"/>
				</apex:pageBlockSection>
			</apex:pageBlock>
		</apex:repeat> 
    </table>
</apex:page>

and here are the relevant parts of my controller:

public class ContactRelatedListController {
    private final Contact cont;

private final List<Task> closedTasks;
    private final List<Task> allClosedTasks;
    private final String completedActivitiesNumber;
    private final String massEmailNumber;

public ContactRelatedListController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        this.cont = (Contact)stdController.getRecord();
        this.closedTasks = new List<Task>([
        	select Id, Subject, WhatId, ActivityDate, WhoId, Type, OwnerId, Description
        	from Task where WhoId = :cont.Id and IsClosed = true
			order by ActivityDate desc]);
    }

public List<Task> getClosedTasks() {
		List<Task> x = new List<Task>();
		for (Task e : this.closedTasks) {
			if (!e.Subject.startsWith('Mass Email:') && x.size() < 5){
				x.add(e);
			}
		}
		return x;
	}

public List<Task> getAllClosedTasks() {
		List<Task> x = new List<Task>();
		for (Task e : this.closedTasks) {
			if (!e.Subject.startsWith('Mass Email:')){
				x.add(e);
			}
		}
		return x;
	}

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Drew

I'm trying to create a generic URL list button that skips the Record Type selection for a new custom object called "Referral."  It can't be specific to one org, so I'm using the URLFOR function.  The button lives on a related list of a custom object called "Program."

Here's what we have:

{!URLFOR( $Action.Referral__c.New , null, ["p3"='012A0000000DTUP', "CF00NA0000000u8Zx"= Program__c.Name, "save"=1], true)}

This works fine, but if the user clicks on the "cancel" button from the new Referral data entry page, it doesn't return back to the Program record which had the button, it just reloads the new Referral entry page screen.

Any ideas?  I've tried passing values for cancelURL and retURL in the parameters for the URLFOR function, but with no luck.

Thanks,

Drew

We started getting intermittent errors with our external webservices call last week:
IO Exception: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

What might explain intermittent failures?  Could it be POODLE/SSLv3 related, similar to this discussion?:
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000AmTZIA0

The exception is being thrown from a "WebServiceCallout.invoke" call.

Thanks,
 Drew

Hi,

Because of SSLv3 Poodle vulnerability, we have turned off SSLv3 support on our web server. This in term is causing Salesforce outbound messaging to fail.

Is there a work around with this from Salesforce end?

The outbound messaging processing issue was resolved once we turn SSLv3 back on our web server.

Ted Tsung

I'm developing in a sandbox that just got the Spring '12 Preview and I've noticed two things:

1) When using the Developer Console, I can no longer see the execution log (or anything but the log file itself) when a log is created, unless I create the log from the "execute" field.

Here's a picture of what the a normal log looks like when I open it:

http://screencast.com/t/HGXLZ6BxGm

And here's what the log looks like when I run code from the execute field (and how I WISH it looked like all the time).

http://screencast.com/t/3UiKE58RXw

2) The Developer Mode section shows up but I can never get the code to display, and even if I check the "view state" checkbox on my user record it never shows up:

http://screencast.com/t/BrHeOHC0

Anyone having this same issue, or have any idea what could be going on?  This was all working on Friday, which I believe was before the Spring 12 preview.

Thanks,

Drew

I've got a component that's inside of a repeat tag.  Inside the component, there's a javascript method called from a command link that opens a pop up window.  The method passes in the id of a record that the component receives as an attribute.

This works great in firefox/ie, but in chrome it uses the id of the first record every time.  Any ideas?

Visual force component (partial):

<apex:component controller="AssessmentQuestion" allowDML="true">
  <apex:attribute name="questionitem" description="Assessment Question" type="QuestionItem" assignTo="{!qi}" required="true"/> 
  <apex:attribute name="isreadonly" description="Read Only" type="Boolean" assignTo="{!isreadonly}" required="false"/> 
  <apex:attribute name="pageController" type="PageControllerBase" assignTo="{!pageController}" required="false" description="The controller for the page." />  
    <!-- Display error text -->
    <!--apex:outputText value="{!questionErrorText}" rendered="{!QuestionError}"/-->

<!-- Non-question group question-response -->
    <apex:outputPanel rendered="{!NOT(QuestionGroup)&&renderQuestion==true}">
        <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="5" >
          <tr>
            <td width="10%" align="left" valign="middle">                    
                <apex:commandLink value="IRIS Definition" style="font-size:80%" onclick="openQuestionMessagePopup('{!qi.question.id}','IRIS Definition')" title="Click to see IRIS definition." immediate="true" id="irisdef"  rendered="{!NOT(ISBLANK(question.IRIS_Definition__c))}"/>

etc...

Javascript method:

var newQuestionMessageWin=null;
 function openQuestionMessagePopup(qid, msgtype)
 {
    var url="./apex/QuestionMessage?id=" + qid + "&msgtype=" + msgtype;
    newQuestionMessageWin=window.open(url, 'QuestionMessagePopup','height=150,width=500,left=100,top=100,resizable=no,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,status=no,menubar=no,location=no');
    newQuestionMessageWin.focus();

return false;
 }

Thanks,

Drew

I'm trying to create a generic URL list button that skips the Record Type selection for a new custom object called "Referral."  It can't be specific to one org, so I'm using the URLFOR function.  The button lives on a related list of a custom object called "Program."

Here's what we have:

{!URLFOR( $Action.Referral__c.New , null, ["p3"='012A0000000DTUP', "CF00NA0000000u8Zx"= Program__c.Name, "save"=1], true)}

This works fine, but if the user clicks on the "cancel" button from the new Referral data entry page, it doesn't return back to the Program record which had the button, it just reloads the new Referral entry page screen.

Any ideas?  I've tried passing values for cancelURL and retURL in the parameters for the URLFOR function, but with no luck.

Thanks,

Drew

I have created an apex trigger in my developer edition of salesforce, and now I need to deploy/package it and install it onto my company's professional edition.

First of all, I believe it is possible but not 100% sure. I've been searching around, and it seems like apex triggers can be packaged and installed on professional edition but need to pass a security test or something. Can anyone fill me in on this or point me to something that explains it?

Also, assuming it is possible I have a few questions. The trigger that I made works on a custom object as well as a built in object (case) with custom fields added. The custom object and fields already exist in my company's professional edition. How will that work? When I tried to use the deply option in eclipse with the force.com plugin, I noticed that it gave me the choice to remove the action to overwrite the custom objects, but when I created the (unmanaged) package it didn't give me any similar options. Will the package automatically detect if the dependencies already exist or will it overwrite the objects (I would like it to NOT overwrite)? I did not recreate the custom object exactly as it is in my company's instance, just the fields that are needed in the trigger.

Thanks for any help.