• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, 

During the save method on the page, I am not able to get any input from my components. 

1. Here is my page, which uses the standard controller of  custom object called managerFeedback__c: 

<apex:page standardController="managerFeedback__c" showHeader="false">    
    	<apex:define name="heading">
            Emp Appraisal Form
        </apex:define>
        <apex:define name="content">
        	<apex:outputText value="{!managerFeedback__c.id}"></apex:outputText>
 			<apex:outputPanel >  			     
			 	<c:FContainer managerFeedInput="{!managerFeedback__c.Input__c}">			     		
			 	</c:FContainer>
			</apex:outputPanel>

<apex:form >
	    		<apex:pageBlock >
					<apex:pageBlockButtons style="float:right;margin-right:20px;" location="bottom">                      
	                      <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
	                </apex:pageBlockButtons>    		
	    		</apex:pageBlock>
	    	</apex:form>
      </apex:define>    
</apex:page>

2. Here is my component FContainer:

<apex:component >
<apex:attribute name="managerFeedInput" description="managerFeedInput" type="String" />
	<apex:form >
				<apex:outputPanel >

<apex:inputText value="{!managerFeedInput}" style="display:block; width:99%"/>
	    		</apex:outputPanel>
	</apex:form>
</apex:component>

3. When displaying the page like the following screen shoot , I click the Save button and input text "This text can't be saved back to the managerFeedback record" is not saved back to the record's Input__c field, although I can see that it updates the record's LastModifiedDate field. 

Page and FComponent

I have tried to retrieved the Input__c value from the component by using custom controllers as well and I am not able to do so either. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced, 

Zaidy

• July 15, 2010

Hi, 

I read some where that SOSL will allow you to search on documents and to use a * and ? for search terms. What I am not sure is  what type of documents are supported and how does it works on a combination of * and ?. Example, the following query: 

for(Document doc:(List<Document>)[FIND '*dfgdfg*' IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Document(id)][0]){

}

will return all the documents on my org (including PDF, word, txt), which BTW does not contain a string 'dfgdfg' or any other string that contains 'dfgdfg'.

In the other hand, if I remove the * (wild card) symbol it returns nothing, which is what I expected. Also I get a correct answer if I search any term without the * (wild card) symbol.

Is this a bug or just should not be used in this way?

• June 15, 2010

Hi, 

I have been asked to add the SF app menu on our Visualforce pages which don't have the standard SF header. Has any body done this? The aim is to allow the user to swap from app to app from within our application.

Thanks in advance, 

• June 14, 2010

Hi, 

I have implemented a class which received an email with similar to:

Subject: RE:APPL001

Approved

The second Line

As you can see the body has two lines: 

1st Line : Approved

2nd Line: The second Line

My class is as follows: 

global Messaging.InboundEmailResult handleInboundEmail(Messaging.inboundEmail email, Messaging.InboundEnvelope env)
    {
        // Indicates if the message processes successfully, permits an error response to be send back to the user 
        Messaging.InboundEmailResult result = new Messaging.InboundEmailResult();
        try
        {

global Messaging.InboundEmailResult handleInboundEmail(Messaging.inboundEmail email, Messaging.InboundEnvelope env)    {        

try        {
	System.debug('plainTextBody: ' + email.plainTextBody);
	String[] emailBodyArray = email.plainTextBody.split('\n', 0);
	System.debug('emailBodyArray[0]: ' + emailBodyArray[0]);
	if(emailBodyArray[1]!=null && emailBodyArray[1]!=''){
				comment = emailBodyArray[1];
				System.debug('ApprovalInb comment : ' + comment);
	}
catch (Exception e)
        {
            // Return an email message to the user
            result.success = false;
	}
}

}

When I send the above email, the logs show me: 

15:10:12.670|USER_DEBUG|[20,13]|DEBUG|plainTextBody: ApprovedThe second Line

As you can see above, the value of email.plainTextBody hasn't respected the return character between the two lines and has added both lines into one line only, therefore I am not able to process the body into an array with two items. 

Any one know why? 

• June 02, 2010

Hi, 

Does anybody has an idea on how to create the whole Approval Process by Apex? I don't mean the Approval request by Apex, I saw few examples of the Approval request by Apex, but they are only effective when the Approval Process for a particular object is already defined. 

Any advice will be appreciated. 

Regards, 

• April 15, 2010

Hi, 

I have been asked to add the SF app menu on our Visualforce pages which don't have the standard SF header. Has any body done this? The aim is to allow the user to swap from app to app from within our application.

Thanks in advance, 

• June 14, 2010

Hi, 

I have implemented a class which received an email with similar to:

Subject: RE:APPL001

Approved

The second Line

As you can see the body has two lines: 

1st Line : Approved

2nd Line: The second Line

My class is as follows: 

global Messaging.InboundEmailResult handleInboundEmail(Messaging.inboundEmail email, Messaging.InboundEnvelope env)
    {
        // Indicates if the message processes successfully, permits an error response to be send back to the user 
        try
        {

global Messaging.InboundEmailResult handleInboundEmail(Messaging.inboundEmail email, Messaging.InboundEnvelope env)    {        

try        {
	System.debug('plainTextBody: ' + email.plainTextBody);
	String[] emailBodyArray = email.plainTextBody.split('\n', 0);
	System.debug('emailBodyArray[0]: ' + emailBodyArray[0]);
	if(emailBodyArray[1]!=null && emailBodyArray[1]!=''){
				comment = emailBodyArray[1];
				System.debug('ApprovalInb comment : ' + comment);
	}
catch (Exception e)
        {
            // Return an email message to the user
            result.success = false;
	}
}

}

When I send the above email, the logs show me: 

15:10:12.670|USER_DEBUG|[20,13]|DEBUG|plainTextBody: ApprovedThe second Line

As you can see above, the value of email.plainTextBody hasn't respected the return character between the two lines and has added both lines into one line only, therefore I am not able to process the body into an array with two items. 

Any one know why? 

• June 02, 2010

I am using Site.login with the start Url as null. Once the user is successfully logged in I want to redirect it to some page. I need to check if the user is successfully logged in or not? I am currently checking if the Site.login return null then it is unsuccessful. And then I try to redirect.

The page is getting redirected but the user is not logged in. How can I check if the user is actually logged in.....

Hi,

I am trying to make a Site.login call with passing some parameters to returning page like this

Site.Login(username,password,'/createTest?avalue=XXXX&bvalue=YYYYY')

Looks like this redirect is not taking more than one parameter, so I am able to read avalue, but bvalue doesn't gets passed across at all.

Any help?

Hi, 

Does anybody has an idea on how to create the whole Approval Process by Apex? I don't mean the Approval request by Apex, I saw few examples of the Approval request by Apex, but they are only effective when the Approval Process for a particular object is already defined. 

Any advice will be appreciated. 

Regards, 

• April 15, 2010

Hello everyone, I'm trying to override the "Go to list (x)+" link that displays in related list so that It points to a VisualForce page.

Overriding the List View for the object in the setup section took care of this, but in order to override the List View I must use a page that is linked to a StandardSetController (using recordSetVar) in order to have it as an available option for override.

Everything went fine untill that point.. but 

When displaying the records from the  standardset controller I get the list of All of the records and not only the ones from the related list i'm coming from.

I supposed this was because there was no way for my VF page to know which are the selected records, or something similar.. so I decided that then I should build my custom related list, but then I noticed that my VF page only recieves a rlid parameter with what I suppose is the id of the child relationship from the parent object.

However I don't have the parent Id anymore in the new page and I need this to create my custom set controller in order to get the correct set of records.

What's weird is that if I hover the "Go to list (x)" link I see that the url contains the same rlid parameter and the parent Id, but I'm not sure why the parent Id is removed when overriding the link with visualforce.

What would be ideal is that overriding a list view takes care of all of this, and that it knows that it should only display records from the parent object from which i'm coming from. Maybe this is possible and I'm doing something wrong, if this is the case let me know and I'll post my code. 

If this is working as designed, then I should build my custom related list but I need to find a way of getting the parent's id in order to limit the set of records.

Please let me know if anyone else has bumped into this. If this is working as designed, then what is the real purpose of overriding a List for an Object?

Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by jonathan rico on 02-03-2010 02:40 PM

Hi All,

I need to create an approval process without using App Setup-> create -> workflow & Approvals -> Approval process

Means not by standard way, I want to create it by VisualForce and on Opportunity Object.

Please let me know if any one has any idea.

-Deepak

Hi,

Is it possible to create a custom approval process? My requirement is whenever i submit a record for approval and the approver when clicks on the approve a new page should open up with the custom fields and messages and Approve button instead of the standard page.

Is it possible to do? If so how?

Please help

Thanks in advance
Priya Nair
  • August 19, 2008
Hello,

I have an object (let's call it MainObj) which has a related object (let's call that RelatedObj).  I have a tab for MainObj which contains a related list for RelatedObj with a custom button and checkboxes which I got there by going to "Edit Page Layout" for MainObj and editing RelatedObj in the "Related List Section".  However, I would like to do the same thing (custom button with checkboxes) for the page that you go to when you click the "Go to list" link in the RelatedObj list view in MainObj's tab, where it shows all RelateObj objects related to that MainObj object. 

Does anyone have any idea of how I can do this?  I've tried everything (pulling out my hair hasn't helped either) and I'm not sure it's even possible unless some super-genius has an idea.  Thanks!
  • May 29, 2008