• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'd really like to be able to access Chatter related objects, as well as some others that won't show up when using 16.0.  Hoping that someone will know of a way to achieve this with Excel Connector.  Not looking for alternative tools, but rather hoping that someone knows how to update the Excel Connector and be kind enough to contribute that to the community.

• October 10, 2010

HI,,,

Friends

I m very new to SFDC and Cloud Computing. actually i   am learning from the basics.

I stucked in importing wizard.

can u please tell me

how to export data to excel format from  my application.:womanhappy:

• May 11, 2010

Is there a way to export query results in the Force.com IDE Schema Explorer?  I often find it the fastest way to obtain a quick set of data and would like to be able to save the results directly from the IDE to a CSV file or something.

I am trying to replace one of our long text areas with a new "Rich Text" field that was beta released this Spring.  However, when I try to export all current data, my new Rich Text field does not export.  When I try to find the field in the field mapping area (update), it does not show up there either.

I also tried to export through informatica thinking it was a data loader problem.

Why can I not export this one field?  Is there another way? 

i have third party excel spreadsheets that i would like to extract data for reports.  can salesforce interface with excel spreadsheets to generate such reports.  Primarily for fee billing and commissions payable on fees.

I'm having a problem with the following SOQL statements. The first two work fine so using 'where' is not the problem. The problem seems to be using the filter on a custom field.  I am using the Enterprise WSDL and Visual Studio 2008/C#, by the way.

Any advice would be appreciated.

The Code:

//string SOQL = "Select Id,Name from TraccInvoice__c where Name='" + InvoiceId + "'"; //string SOQL = "Select Id,Name, Description__c , TraccInvoice__c, Price__c from TraccInvoiceLineItem__c"; string SOQL   = "Select Id,Name, Description__c , TraccInvoice__c, Price__c from TraccInvoiceLineItem__c where TraccInvoice__c='" + InvoiceId + "'";

QueryResult masterqr = sfdc.query(SOQL);

The error:

INVALID_QUERY_FILTER_OPERATOR:
TraccInvoiceLineItem__c where TraccInvoice__c='I1000'
                              ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:95
invalid ID field: I1000

We have an application that only interacts with the Salesforce CRM standard objects (Account, Campaign, Case, Contact, Lead, Task). We do not care about any custom objects/fields. Would we be able to use the enterprise wsdl, generated from our developer account, and have our applications work for all organizations that use Salesforce CRM Editions?

Dear Boardmembers,

I want to write an application that is able to make a connection with a SalesForce database.

I am reading the SF Api Developer docs and I am going through the walkthrough. The walkthrough tells me to create a developer account and download a WSDL from it.

I've created a Developer account and I've found Setup -> Developer -> API.

Then, when I click "Generate Enterprise WSDL", it gives me the following output:

Login to the Salesforce.com SOAP Api Describe an sObject Describe a number sObjects Describe the Global state Describe all the data category groups available for a given set of types Describe the data category group structures for a given set of pair of types and data category group name Describe the layout of an sObject Describe the layout of the SoftPhone Describe the tabs that appear on a users page Create a set of new sObjects Update a set of sObjects Update or insert a set of sObjects based on object id Merge and update a set of sObjects based on object id Delete a set of sObjects Undelete a set of sObjects Empty a set of sObjects from the recycle bin Get a set of sObjects Submit an entity to a workflow process or process a workitem convert a set of leads Logout the current user, invalidating the current session. Logs out and invalidates session ids Get the IDs for deleted sObjects Get the IDs for updated sObjects Create a Query Cursor Create a Query Cursor, including deleted sObjects Gets the next batch of sObjects from a query Search for sObjects Gets server timestamp Set a user's password Reset a user's password Returns standard information relevant to the current user Send outbound email Sforce SOAP API

Not sure what to do now. Can anybody give me some pointers so I can get started building apps for SF?

Thanks in advance.

Jay

• April 26, 2010

Ok, so I see in the boards that the Distinct command does not exist i the SOQL query language and I see that there are other ways of doing this but I only see examples in c#.  Could someone please help me create a list of distinct values in vb.

I am curently trying to pull the values from salesforce, then create a list of unique values from the list returned by the query, and then populate a dropdown box with the unique values.  Any help would be great

-z

Hey guys,

I have a problem, pretty big one as it happens.

One of our customers has about 10,000 campaigns and about 78 MILLION campaign member items in the SF db.

They have asked if we can produce weekly complex reports on them that we can't build through SF and since we control the data we have built a copy of the SF data on a local SQL server.

I'm trying to build a syncronisation tool / process using SSIS and a bit of C# code that regularly looks up (using the SF api) whats changed and updates our copy of the data.

Of course this leads to a problem, due to the sheer number of records in the DB I often hit timeout issues and when I don't hit timeout issues I often need to sync millions of rows by downloading them.

Has anyone had any experience with dealing with huge row counts that they could lend some thoughts on this?

Does anyone know how I might "partition" the data so I can still somehow query the entire dataset but work mostly on subsets (eg split down per campaign)?

Hi:

I am looking for an experienced consultant who can take my technical needs and create forms and methodolgies to automate updating of my SalesForce Client Database.

Thank you.

John

I am trying to use Apex Explorer and when I try to login, I am getting an error.  The error message window is titled "Partner Sample" and the message is "Login failed: Input string was not in a correct format."  

Any ideas on what to try?

Hi hope someone can help me Please I am tray to Call Salesforce from VB.NET

I am using sample I found online with enterprise.xml I am tray to call = AccountId but I get error  to call Account Name in Case

If you know how to do this in SforceProvider then Please

This is my Code

Dim oResult As New QueryResult
        oResult = binding.query("SELECT AccountId,CaseNumber,Type,Reason,Status,Priority,Origin,Product__c,PotentialLiability__c,EngineeringReqNumber__c,SLAViolation__c,Subject,Description,CreatedById,OwnerId,LastModifiedById,ContactId,Id FROM Case where CaseNumber like  '" & TextBox12.Text & "%'")

If Not oResult.records Is Nothing AndAlso oResult.records.Length > 0 Then
            Dim oCase As [Case]
            Dim oTable As New System.Data.DataTable

For Each oCase In oResult.records

Txt_CaseNumber.Text = oCase.CaseNumber
                Txt_Type.Text = oCase.Type
                Txt_Reason.Text = oCase.Reason
                Txt_Status.Text = oCase.Status
                Txt_Priority.Text = oCase.Priority
                Txt_Origin.Text = oCase.Origin

Txt_Product__c.Text = oCase.Product__c
                Txt_PotentialLiability__c.Text = oCase.PotentialLiability__c
                Txt_EngineeringReqNumber__c.Text = oCase.EngineeringReqNumber__c
                Txt_SLAViolation__c.Text = oCase.SLAViolation__c

Txt_Subject.Text = oCase.Subject
                Txt_Description.Text = oCase.Description

Txt_CreatedById.Text = oCase.CreatedById
                Txt_OwnerId.Text = oCase.OwnerId
                Txt_LastModifiedById.Text = oCase.LastModifiedById
                Txt_ContactId.Text = oCase.ContactId
                Txt_AccountId.Text = oCase.AccountId

Next

End If