• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

hi,

can anybody plz explain what is diffrence between develper edition and sandbox ?

Thanks,

daya

hi,

If I have a field on my custom object which is hidden from particular user profile.

Even though , can user of that profile read or write this field through Apex code or web service API

Thanks,

dsk

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to create a "Created Time" formula field to pull the time from the Created Date field.

--David

Hi,

We use the Force.com Partner WSDL. Our application exports contacts to SalesForce from many clients.

We would like to have a common configuration (some strings) readable by all but writable only by the administrator user.

The first approach was to store this configuration in a document in a folder into SalesForce but depending on the roles and profiles, any user may modify this file.

Is there any other way to do that?

Thank you

Chris

I'm trying to create a trigger to send an email with an attachment from the "notes and attachments'" object. However it wont compile and give the error: Method does not exist or incorrect signature: ISPICKVAL(Schema.SObjectField, String) at line 3 column 5. I've been banging my head against my desk for the better part of half an hour trying to figure this out. please help.

trigger sendEmailAlert on Opportunity (after insert, after update) {

if (ISPICKVAL(opportunity.stagename, 'Send Rebecca Request')){
Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

Attachment[] queryAttachment = [select Name from Attachment where Parentid=:'accountId' order by CreatedDate DESC];

Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[] allAttachments = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[queryAttachment.size()];

for(integer i=0;i<queryAttachment.size();i++)
        {

Messaging.EmailFileAttachment fileAttachment = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();
            fileAttachment.setBody(queryAttachment[i].Body);

fileAttachment.setFileName(queryAttachment[i].Name);
            allAttachments[i] =  fileAttachment;
        } 

Hi,
My name is Ezequiel.

I'm currently the developer for a force.com project that we intent to release into the AppExchange market and run into a problem. In order to provide code coverage for packaging, the tests invoke custom controller's methods, which in turn query the database returning more than 500 objects, thus hitting governor limits
So, the tests don't have any query, they create their own isolated objects, but as soon as i call the controller's methods for coverage, for example, the controller queries the whole account list (that's what the controller's method is supposed to do) and it hits the dreaded 501 rows.

Is there any suggestion or help you could provide me with this ? I really don't want to change the production code if possible, i just need my tests to work bringing back only 500 rows.
Any help or assistance will be appreciated.
Thanks for your time,Ezequiel

• June 11, 2010

Hi,

I am entering the following value in a DateTime feild - "6/10/2010 10:49 AM". But when I am checking this value in the Database it is stored as "2010-06-10 05:19:00". Can someone tell me why is this time difference? What changes should I make to get the same time as entered?

Thanks

I am trying to make a workflow – immediate workflow action item.  Specifically an outbound message.  I understand that the endpoint URL  cannot be an email address Is there a workaround for this? 

Please advise.  I need to be able to email specific info on a lead to an outside employee.

Hi all,

I have a cvs file  which contain records along with salesforce id, my task is to update all the records in salesforce using csv file through batch apex class.How to write an apex class to  update the records in salesforce using slaesfroce ids . I tried using id field in contact object as an external id to upsert the record in apex code but i got an error .

• June 07, 2010

Hi:

I gave all security permissions to every profile in the apex classes and VF Pages, all objects are in deployment mode... I do not know what else to do but when my user goes to test into a VF Tab they get the following:

Insufficient Privileges You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

What should I do????

Hi-

I currently have a custom detail page button on a custom object that simply sends the person clicking the button to a PDF Visualforcef page.  I just had to create a second Visualforce page that is similar but slightly different than the first one.

My question is, can I manipulate the custom button URL so that, if someone selects a value in a picklist field on  the object, then 1 of the Visualforce pages is rendered.  If a person selects a different picklist option in that picklist field, the other VF page is rendered.

Basically I need to use 1 custom button to send the user to 1 of 2 different VF pages, and the page they go to needs to depend on the picklist option chosen in a picklist field on the object.

Thanks

Hi,

How does one bring the Sandbox information into Eclipse?

Thank you,

David

I'd like all our case comments to be marked as public (as I have a workflow rule linked to this object that only fires if the "public"-checkbox is marked..).

Apparantly it is not possible to get the checkbox marked at the very moment the user creates the case comment (link).

However, is it possible to make the "public"-checkbox required, so that users always have to mark it?

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone!!

Do you know if It's possible to hide (by default) a section layout?

Thanks in advance!!

hi,

If I have a field on my custom object which is hidden from particular user profile.

Even though , can user of that profile read or write this field through Apex code or web service API

Thanks,

dsk

Hi To all,
    I am creating trigger to send a mail whenever my object field is updated.

I did some functions in trigger and finally send a email.In this Email I want to pass the link also.
    I hardcoded the link as 'https://test.salesforce.com/apex/Pagename.' Its working on sandbox & the link is not working on Production.
    I want to get the URL in Dynamically.
    So that its working on Sandbox & production.
    How to do that???

Thanks,
nkm.   

Hi All,

I am a new bee to the force.com development world and have a basic questions are currently developing in the free version  and will be soon going to the enterprise version.

I have created two custom objects Order Header and Order Line with few fields in each and also created a relationship field between the two and used a delivered page layout.

My issue is when I try to enter data for the order line ,the relationship field appears on the page with a look up.It would be pretty confusing for our users having to reneter\lookup the header row and assign it to the order line.

I read the documentation and looks like it is a required field and cannot be hidden or made read only. Was any body able to achieve this or how to get around this issue.

Appreciate all your help.