• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I need to invoke a XML RPC service for which I have the url.

How do I do it from salesforce apex code?

I am tried outbound SOAP calls but have not idea about XML RPC calls.

Pls Help

I am trying to add a visualforce page as a section item in my standard layout of account.

I need to do this to show a image formula field.

My problem is that its not coming aligned to other content

Pls help

here's the code:

<apex:page Standardcontroller="Account">

<apex:outputlable>Status</apex:outputlable>
  <apex:image url="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015A0000000SgGh" alt="Active" />

</apex:page>

Hi,

I am creating a custom application which has different modules for an organization. 

1. I want to implement module wise licensing for this application. But LMA supports only package wise licensing. Is there any way so that I split my modules as different 'Applications' and then apply different licenses to them?

2. If there is no solution for above point, I might need to create different packages containing different modules. But this will not be simple to do as there are some overlapping functionalities between modules. Even if I do it, I'll have separate packages but as per my knowledge, from one Salesforce edition can create only one Managed package. It'll be very difficult to handle different SFDC accounts to provides upgrades.

Please help me find the solution to this problem.

Thanks

Himanshu

Hi,

I work on salesforce Enterprise Demo Edition, and I found out that creating managed package is not possible in Demo Edition. So now I would have to migrate my entire app to some developer edition and create a package from there.

But I have some concerns while doing that.

1. Once I create a package and install in some other org, can I release updates to that package? And would I need the same developer account to do that. The reason I am asking this is that if I don't log into that developer edition for 6 months, it'll be gone. What will happen to my package then.

2. What should be the right way do team development on salesforce. Should each one of them have their individual developer accounts and everybody uses Force.com IDE and a subversion to keep in sync? ... how should things go on?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have a custom object named booh__c, which I have added as a related list to 'Opportunity'.

Now I have a custom button 'Assign Booth' on this related list which points to my VF page as:

Execute Javascript&colon;

window.location.href = "/apex/customBooths"

I want that when this page opens, it shows the opportunity field filled in with the value from where this page was called. 

This functionality is already available for standard buttons (New etc) ... but I dont know how to implement it for my VF page.

Please help.

Regards,

Himanshu

Hi,

I have created a VF page and added it into a section for a particular page layout.

But its visible only while viewing the record and is not there when adding new record or editing an existing one.

Any suggestions?

-Hims

I am trying to add a visualforce page as a section item in my standard layout of account.

I need to do this to show a image formula field.

My problem is that its not coming aligned to other content

Pls help

here's the code:

<apex:page Standardcontroller="Account">

<apex:outputlable>Status</apex:outputlable>
  <apex:image url="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=015A0000000SgGh" alt="Active" />

In my application if i click on "ok" alert will be raised.If we click on"ok" button it should save the record and go back to home tab.If we click on "cancel" i dont want to save the record and simply go back to home tab.This is my requirement.Here i am facing the problem how to call methods from apex controoler to java script.

If any one knows plz help me.

My sample code is as follows:

VF page

<apex:page standardController="Holding_Instruments__c" extensions="aa_validate">
<script type="text/javascript">

function valid()
{
 var val = confirm ("Do U Want To Save The Record?")
 if (val)
 {
  saveandmove();//here i want to call the method from apex controller
 }

else
 {
  dontsave();//here i want to call the method from apex controller
 }

}

</script>
     <apex:form >
     <apex:outputLabel value="SFN Control No." />
     <apex:inputField id="sfn" value="{!Holding_Instruments__c.SFN_Number__c}"/>
     <apex:commandButton value="OK"  onclick="return valid()"  />
    </apex:form>

Controller:

public class aa_validate
{
  ApexPages.StandardController con;
  public aa_validate(ApexPages.StandardController controller)
  {
      this.con = controller;
  }
  public void save()
  {
  try
  {
   con.save();
  }
  catch(Exception ex1)
  {
  }
  }
  public PageReference saveandmove()
 {
  con.save();
  PageReference pr =new PageReference('https://ap1.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp'); 

pr.setRedirect(true);
  return pr;
 }
 public PageReference dontsave()
 {

PageReference pr =new PageReference('https://ap1.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp');

pr.setRedirect(true);
  return pr;
 }
}

Thanks In Advance,

Manu..

• January 11, 2010
Can we disable 'Empty recycle bin' for individuals? Only Admin should be able to empty organization recycle bin.