• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to create a custom Visualforce page that has the built in Salesforce File Viewer (the one in the Chatter Files Object). Does anyone know how to add this? 

I want to create a visualforce page that has two tabs that when clicked display two separate visualforce pages. When the page is open the first visualforce page is display, when the tab is clicked the second page is displayed. This would work similarly to the "tabbed accounts in 30 seconds tutorial" but with visualforce pages, not standard objects. Is this possible? 

I am trying to develop a dynamic pricebook within opportunities. Our company has set prices for products, but they vary depending on the Total Assets of our clients. Total Assets is a field that we have populated for all accounts. Ideally, when a user adds products to an Opportunity I want the prices to be generated according to the Total Assets of the client (ie. If TA >100,000 then $5000 else $4500). Eventually, we would like the user to click a button and have a proposal generated in Word with a list of all of the products. I am obviously at the earliest stage of development and was curious if anyone had any good approaches to accomplishing this. As of now, I am steering towards a custom visualforce page, but wonder if there is a better way. Thanks in advance.

I am trying to insert the Opportunity Owner field in a visualforce page that I have created that is basically a replica of our standard Opportunities Details Page. Right now it is not showing up, what am I doing wrong? 

<apex:page standardcontroller="Opportunity" extensions="NewOpportunityCT">
	<apex:sectionHeader title="New Opportunity"/>
	<apex:form >
		<apex:pageBlock title="New Opportunity" mode="edit">
			<apex:pageBlockButtons title="New Opportunity">
				<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
				<apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/> 
			</apex:pageBlockButtons>
			<apex:pageBlockSection title="Opportunity Information">
					 <apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.OwnerId}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.CloseDate}"/>	 
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.stagename}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.accountid}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.probability}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.type}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.amount}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.id}"/>
			</apex:pageBlockSection>
			<apex:pageBlockSection title="Additional Information" columns="1">
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.leadsource}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.nextstep}"/>
			<apex:pageBlockSection title="Description Information" columns="1">
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.description}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.Competitors__c}"/>
		</apex:pageBlock>
	</apex:form>
</apex:page>

My company has a set list of Opportunity names that we use, when creating a new opportunity. Ideally we would like to use a dropdown list to populate the Opportunity Name, so that all names are universal, but that is not currently option within Salesforce. The only work around I have figured out is to have a seperate dropdown field in Opportunites with the names I want to use, then use a workflow rule to update Opportunity Name with that field when it is saved.  

I am currently trying to have Opportunity Name autofill with "Default Name" whenever a user clicks "New" under the Opportunity tab. I was trying to override the new button with an s-control URL, but it is not working:

006/e?retURL=%2F006%2Fo&opp3=DefaultName

Is there a way to get the standard saleforce page with a field already filled?

I am trying to create a trigger that updates the Parent account and any children (all children and parents are account objects). If acc_Field1 = "Yes", then DNM__c should be TRUE in both the child and parent accounts.

If (acc_Field1 = 'Yes')

{

/*Logic Here To Update All Accounts to DNM__c that are Related to it

}

In the above code I always hit the limit for DML statements.  I think it is because when I update other accounts the trigger keeps firing in an infinite loop. Does anyone have any ideas? 

I am having trouble writing a trigger based on the notes and attachments trigger within a custom object. I can find the standard Attachment object, just not the one in my custom object. Any ideas?

I am generating a list of accounts in a Visualforce Page and I am trying to style it like the Recent Items list. Is there a way to access the icons, ie if the item on the list is an Account than a folder appears next to it? I have found where the image is stored but its appears as one larger image with all the icons(contact, opportunity, etc.) in it. Any ideas?

Every account has a field called Analyst, which is the name of the analyst assigned to the account. When an analyst logs into salesforce I want there to be links on the side bar of the homepage to all the accounts the Analyst is assigned to (at the most there will be 15 accounts). What is the best way to go about doing this?

I am new to this so I assume this is a pretty simple question. I am trying to develop an e-mail alert that is sent when an Attachment is added to an Account. I am trying to get the Account name in the email. When I receive the email the subject just says: "Attachment Added: name". Attachment and Account are related through parentid, but I am having trouble returning account fields on an Attachment trigger. What am I doing wrong?  

trigger Send_email on Attachment (after insert) {
Attachment attach = trigger.new[0];
Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
String[] toAddresses = new String[] {'ja@example.com'};
mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
mail.setReplyTo('support@example.com');
mail.setSenderDisplayName('Salesforce Support');
mail.setSubject('Attachment Added : ' + account.name);
mail.setPlainTextBody('work please');
Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

}

I have made a custom link to a visual force page that i want to take the form of a custom object that I created. The custom object has a master relationship with accounts. When I click on the link within accounts, I can only access the account and pull up the related list of the custom object. I want to be able to edit or add a record to the object. What am I missing? Here is what I have so far, as you can see I am new to this!

<apex:page standardController="Account">
<apex:pageBlock title="Par Reports">
<apex:pageblocktable value="{!account.par_reports__r}" var="p">
<apex:column value="{!p.As_of_Date__c}"/>
</apex:pageblocktable>
<apex:pageblockbuttons >
<apex:commandButton value="Edit" action="{!Edit}"/>
</apex:pageblock>

I am trying to add a survey that is attached to Accounts. Ideally what I wanted to do is have a button on the Account page, that when clicked will open up either a custom object or Visualforce page that has a brief survey regarding that Account (fields: Date, Account Rating). There would also be a submit button, that when clicked would save the account id, date,account rating to the database. Can this be done with Salesforce, and if so what route should I go in, Custom Object of Visualforce Page?

I am trying to develop an e-mail that is sent to request a meeting date that updates the user's e-mail calendar using an ical file. I have everything working perfectly, except when I try to modify a previous request. For instance if I send a request for a meeting on Sept 12th, and the meeting date changes I would like for it to be moved on the user's calendar, not for a new appointment to be added. I have been messing around with sequences and nothing has helped. I am opening these e-mail through Groupwise not Outlook. Any ideas?

First Meeting Request:

public class SendEmail{

public String sendTo { get; set; }    
   public SendEmail() {}   
   public PageReference sendinvite()  
 {        Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
               String[] toAddresses = new String[] {sendTo}; 
               mail.setSubject('Meeting Invitation');
               mail.setPlainTextBody('');     
               Messaging.EmailFileAttachment attach = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();   
               attach.filename = 'quarter1meeting.ics'; 
               attach.ContentType = 'text/calendar';     
               attach.inline = true;     
               attach.body = invite();   
               mail.setFileAttachments(new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[] {attach});   
               Messaging.SendEmailResult[] er = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.Email[] { mail });   
               return null;    }

private Blob invite() {
        String txtInvite = '';

txtInvite += 'BEGIN:VCALENDAR\n';
        txtInvite += 'PRODID:-//Microsoft Corporation//Outlook 12.0 MIMEDIR//EN\n';
        txtInvite += 'VERSION:2.0\n';
        txtInvite += 'METHOD:REQUEST\n';
        txtInvite += 'X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE\n';
        txtInvite += 'BEGIN:VEVENT\n';
        txtInvite += 'CLASS:PUBLIC\n';
        txtInvite += 'UID:12345abz@darconsulting.com\n';
        txtInvite += 'SEQUENCE:0\n';
        txtInvite += 'ORGANIZER:bababa@gmail.com\n';
        txtInvite += 'DTSTAMP:20100804T120000Z\n';
        txtInvite += 'CREATED:20100804T100000Z\n';
        txtInvite += 'DTSTART:20100926T080000Z\n';
        txtInvite += 'LOCATION:Online\n';
        txtInvite += 'PRIORITY:5\n';
        txtInvite += 'SUMMARY;';
        txtInvite += 'LANGUAGE=en-us:Salesforce Test\n';
        txtInvite += 'TRANSP:OPAQUE\n';
        txtInvite += 'X-ALT-DESC;FMTTYPE=text/html:<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 08.00.0681.000"><TITLE></TITLE></HEAD><BODY><!-- Converted from text/plain format --></BODY></HTML>\n';
        txtInvite += 'X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY\n';
        txtInvite += 'X-MICROSOFT-CDO-IMPORTANCE:1\n';
        txtInvite += 'END:VEVENT\n';
        txtInvite += 'END:VCALENDAR';

return Blob.valueOf(txtInvite);
    }

}

2nd Request w/ New Date:

public class SendEmail{

public String sendTo { get; set; }    
   public SendEmail() {}   
   public PageReference sendinvite()  
 {        Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
               String[] toAddresses = new String[] {sendTo}; 
               mail.setSubject('Meeting Invitation');
               mail.setPlainTextBody('');     
               Messaging.EmailFileAttachment attach = new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment();   
               attach.filename = 'quarter1meeting.ics'; 
               attach.ContentType = 'text/calendar';     
               attach.inline = true;     
               attach.body = invite();   
               mail.setFileAttachments(new Messaging.EmailFileAttachment[] {attach});   
               Messaging.SendEmailResult[] er = Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.Email[] { mail });   
               return null;    }

private Blob invite() {
        String txtInvite = '';

txtInvite += 'BEGIN:VCALENDAR\n';
        txtInvite += 'PRODID:-//Microsoft Corporation//Outlook 12.0 MIMEDIR//EN\n';
        txtInvite += 'VERSION:2.0\n';
        txtInvite += 'METHOD:REQUEST\n';
        txtInvite += 'X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE\n';
        txtInvite += 'BEGIN:VEVENT\n';
        txtInvite += 'CLASS:PUBLIC\n';
        txtInvite += 'UID:12345abz@darconsulting.com\n';
        txtInvite += 'SEQUENCE:1\n';
        txtInvite += 'ORGANIZER:bababa@gmail.com\n';
        txtInvite += 'DTSTAMP:20100805T120000Z\n';
        txtInvite += 'CREATED:20100804T100000Z\n';
        txtInvite += 'DTSTART:20100930T080000Z\n';
        txtInvite += 'LOCATION:Online\n';
        txtInvite += 'PRIORITY:5\n';
        txtInvite += 'SUMMARY;';
        txtInvite += 'LANGUAGE=en-us:Salesforce Test\n';
        txtInvite += 'TRANSP:OPAQUE\n';
        txtInvite += 'X-ALT-DESC;FMTTYPE=text/html:<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 08.00.0681.000"><TITLE></TITLE></HEAD><BODY><!-- Converted from text/plain format --></BODY></HTML>\n';
        txtInvite += 'X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:BUSY\n';
        txtInvite += 'X-MICROSOFT-CDO-IMPORTANCE:1\n';
        txtInvite += 'END:VEVENT\n';
        txtInvite += 'END:VCALENDAR';

return Blob.valueOf(txtInvite);
    }

}

I am looking to send an e-mail alert but have it take the form of an appointment within Groupwise. Is there anyway to send e-mails within salesforce and have them appear as Appointments. I have found documentation on how to do it with Outlook, but nothing else.

I have a checkbox in Accounts that is called client. I want all child account client  = True when any one of those accounts has client = True.

For Instance:

Account A (parent account 1)

Account B (parent account 1)

Account C (parent account 1)

Account D(parent account 1)

If Client = True in Account A, I want Client to be set to True in Account B,C and D. Is this possible?

I first imported my parent accounts, then exported them to get there Record ID's. I did a vlookup in Excel and put the corresponding Record ID for the parent account in the Parent Account column of my child accounts. What reads in is the Record ID in the Parent Account Column. I was under the impression that Salesforce would convert the record ID's in the Parent Account column and return the corresponding Account Name. What am I doing wrong?

I was wondering if there was a way to somehow link a custum field in accounts to a field in another account. I have two record types, Banks and Holding Companies. Every bank has a Holding Company # field which corresponds to a Holding Company Account. I would like to be able to click on holding company # in bank and be brought to the corresponding Holding Companies Account. I have figured out how to do this linking to a custom object, or by linking account names, but not by a custom field. Any ideas?

I am trying to insert the Opportunity Owner field in a visualforce page that I have created that is basically a replica of our standard Opportunities Details Page. Right now it is not showing up, what am I doing wrong? 

<apex:page standardcontroller="Opportunity" extensions="NewOpportunityCT">
	<apex:sectionHeader title="New Opportunity"/>
		<apex:pageBlock title="New Opportunity" mode="edit">
			<apex:pageBlockButtons title="New Opportunity">
				<apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
				<apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/> 
			<apex:pageBlockSection title="Opportunity Information">
					 <apex:outputField value="{!opportunity.OwnerId}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.CloseDate}"/>	 
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.stagename}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.accountid}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.probability}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.type}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.amount}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.id}"/>
			<apex:pageBlockSection title="Additional Information" columns="1">
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.leadsource}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.nextstep}"/>
			<apex:pageBlockSection title="Description Information" columns="1">
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.description}"/>
					 <apex:inputField value="{!opportunity.Competitors__c}"/>
		</apex:pageBlock>

I am having trouble writing a trigger based on the notes and attachments trigger within a custom object. I can find the standard Attachment object, just not the one in my custom object. Any ideas?

Every account has a field called Analyst, which is the name of the analyst assigned to the account. When an analyst logs into salesforce I want there to be links on the side bar of the homepage to all the accounts the Analyst is assigned to (at the most there will be 15 accounts). What is the best way to go about doing this?

I am new to this so I assume this is a pretty simple question. I am trying to develop an e-mail alert that is sent when an Attachment is added to an Account. I am trying to get the Account name in the email. When I receive the email the subject just says: "Attachment Added: name". Attachment and Account are related through parentid, but I am having trouble returning account fields on an Attachment trigger. What am I doing wrong?  

trigger Send_email on Attachment (after insert) {
Attachment attach = trigger.new[0];
Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
String[] toAddresses = new String[] {'ja@example.com'};
mail.setReplyTo('support@example.com');
mail.setSenderDisplayName('Salesforce Support');
mail.setSubject('Attachment Added : ' + account.name);
mail.setPlainTextBody('work please');
Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

}

I have made a custom link to a visual force page that i want to take the form of a custom object that I created. The custom object has a master relationship with accounts. When I click on the link within accounts, I can only access the account and pull up the related list of the custom object. I want to be able to edit or add a record to the object. What am I missing? Here is what I have so far, as you can see I am new to this!

<apex:page standardController="Account">
<apex:pageBlock title="Par Reports">
<apex:pageblocktable value="{!account.par_reports__r}" var="p">
<apex:column value="{!p.As_of_Date__c}"/>
</apex:pageblocktable>
<apex:pageblockbuttons >
<apex:commandButton value="Edit" action="{!Edit}"/>
</apex:pageblock>

I am trying to add a survey that is attached to Accounts. Ideally what I wanted to do is have a button on the Account page, that when clicked will open up either a custom object or Visualforce page that has a brief survey regarding that Account (fields: Date, Account Rating). There would also be a submit button, that when clicked would save the account id, date,account rating to the database. Can this be done with Salesforce, and if so what route should I go in, Custom Object of Visualforce Page?

I am looking to send an e-mail alert but have it take the form of an appointment within Groupwise. Is there anyway to send e-mails within salesforce and have them appear as Appointments. I have found documentation on how to do it with Outlook, but nothing else.

I have a checkbox in Accounts that is called client. I want all child account client  = True when any one of those accounts has client = True.

For Instance:

Account A (parent account 1)

Account B (parent account 1)

Account C (parent account 1)

Account D(parent account 1)

If Client = True in Account A, I want Client to be set to True in Account B,C and D. Is this possible?

I first imported my parent accounts, then exported them to get there Record ID's. I did a vlookup in Excel and put the corresponding Record ID for the parent account in the Parent Account column of my child accounts. What reads in is the Record ID in the Parent Account Column. I was under the impression that Salesforce would convert the record ID's in the Parent Account column and return the corresponding Account Name. What am I doing wrong?

I was wondering if there was a way to somehow link a custum field in accounts to a field in another account. I have two record types, Banks and Holding Companies. Every bank has a Holding Company # field which corresponds to a Holding Company Account. I would like to be able to click on holding company # in bank and be brought to the corresponding Holding Companies Account. I have figured out how to do this linking to a custom object, or by linking account names, but not by a custom field. Any ideas?

We're trying to send out ICS attachments for calendar requests, but we can't seem to get this new feature to work correctly.

Are there any examples in apex to use these changes?

Are there any special configuration changes necessary?