• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I notice that in our non-profit package, we have the custom objects, "Relationships" and "Affiliations". Both of those are assigned a Master Object. When I create my own custom objects though, I can't seem to assign a Master Object. Why not? How do I assign a Master Object to a Sustom Object?

• September 10, 2010

Working with the non-profit Salesforce account, I need a formula field that will give me the sum of all donations (opportunities) over the past year. I also need a formula field that will give me the largest donation given in a donor's lifetime. The logic is just not coming to me though. Has anyone created these before?

I work for a non-profit and have the non-profit Salesforce package. We have a custom object called "Affiliations" in order to link Individuals with Organizations. I am trying to create a field in Contacts that shows the contact's Affiliation. However, when I put in the field "npe5_Affiliation_c" or the field "npe5_Organization_c" and run the syntax check, I get an error that the field does not exist. I have checked and rechecked and the field does exist. What am I doing wrong?

In my work as a PR and Development director for a nonprofit, there is a very specific grassroots component to our members and supporters. That is, what actions they take with the organization. I need to be able to track these actions in the same way that I would track donations, whether they are attending events that we organize, contacting their decision-makers, writing to their local paper, etc.

So, I created a Custom Object called "Actions." It works really nicely, because I can associate Actions with Campaigns, etc. Now that we're doing a ton of data entry (we've had at least one event per month), I'm realizing that my new Actions object would be even cooler if I could do a batch entry, much in the same way as one would add members to an established Campaign. I would want to create the Action, then "Add Members," or in this case, "Add Participants." I would want it to be just like the "Manage Members" page under Campaigns.

How do I do that?

Working with the non-profit Salesforce account, I need a formula field that will give me the sum of all donations (opportunities) over the past year. I also need a formula field that will give me the largest donation given in a donor's lifetime. The logic is just not coming to me though. Has anyone created these before?

I work for a non-profit and have the non-profit Salesforce package. We have a custom object called "Affiliations" in order to link Individuals with Organizations. I am trying to create a field in Contacts that shows the contact's Affiliation. However, when I put in the field "npe5_Affiliation_c" or the field "npe5_Organization_c" and run the syntax check, I get an error that the field does not exist. I have checked and rechecked and the field does exist. What am I doing wrong?

I need to add another option for one of our drop down menus.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much.