• CRM Architect
  • AVL List GmbH

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm fairly new to SDFC development and have a question with respect to the URL data type in Custom objects. Our customer wants us to create a custom object and have a field in there that allows them to click a fixed text string and it then re-direct them to our product website. I started lokking into how to do this and found the URL data type. Seems to be what I wanted. However, the one problem is that what gets displayed to the user is the actual URL that gets linked to. What the customer wants is to have a fixed string ("View Documents") displayed in all cases with just a different URL be under the hood, so-to-speak. Is this possible? Is there another approach to doing this? Thanks for any help, Andy.

Hi,

I have some users from Japan using single Salesforce application. Means that i have lots of data in Japanees Language also. But when i try to take the backup of the data using data loader. My Japanees data gets distorted & appears something like "?????" . please suggest the way should i take the backup sucessfully with no data lost.And if required i should be able to get it restored.

• September 30, 2010
I'm fairly new to SDFC development and have a question with respect to the URL data type in Custom objects. Our customer wants us to create a custom object and have a field in there that allows them to click a fixed text string and it then re-direct them to our product website. I started lokking into how to do this and found the URL data type. Seems to be what I wanted. However, the one problem is that what gets displayed to the user is the actual URL that gets linked to. What the customer wants is to have a fixed string ("View Documents") displayed in all cases with just a different URL be under the hood, so-to-speak. Is this possible? Is there another approach to doing this? Thanks for any help, Andy.

Hello everyone,

I want to change the title of the field "Opportunity Owner" to something like "Opportunity Responsible". I realized that It's not possible (Am I wrong?), but I was wondering If I could have a chance with the Translation Workbench. We are already using the spanish version.

Thanks in advance!!